35 y/o building co. owner with no qualifications looking to migrate

adambudders

hi,

apologies if this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find a thread that answered all my Q's.

I'm 35 years old,

director of a successful building company of 3 yrs, self employed builder for 15 yrs.

no actual qualifications, just a time served builder,

home owner in uk (for what its worth),

have an uncle that's been a resident for 30+yrs, and cousins that were born there,

what are my chances/best options for a permanent visa?

any advice very much appreciated!

They recognise prior learning but because you have no qualifications you would need to find the 10 points on your application that gets you someplace else and your age isn’t the better age for points either, you could maybe make this difference up with work in nominated field points given you have 15 yrs which is a nightmare to prove to be honest but people do it and a superior English exam result. That’s all if your trade is on the list. 

Edited by Guest

You need to check your occupation is even on the list. (And it needs to be the medium to long term list). If its not, then relatives in Australia dont matter I’m afraid. 

If it is on the list, you need to pass a skills assessment and usually they require formal qualifications as part of that evidence, but not always. Some occupations you can claim work experience to pass the skills assessments but this is a difficult road to go down and requires a detailed paper trail of your activities etc over the years. 

Probably best to consult a Mara registered agent, many will do a free consultation and let you know your options (if any) based on your specific situation. 

There are a number of highly regarded agents who post regularly on this thread if you are interested.

• Like 2

On 14/06/2019 at 20:37, adambudders said:

hi,

apologies if this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find a thread that answered all my Q's.

I'm 35 years old,

director of a successful building company of 3 yrs, self employed builder for 15 yrs.

no actual qualifications, just a time served builder,

home owner in uk (for what its worth),

have an uncle that's been a resident for 30+yrs, and cousins that were born there,

what are my chances/best options for a permanent visa?

any advice very much appreciated!

On a side note, it seems like you have a successful life in the UK with a growing, thriving business. Why would you want to give that up by coming here and potentially having to start all over again, especially at your age. 

Edited by Red Rose
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...