register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

adambudders

35 y/o building co. owner with no qualifications looking to migrate

hi,

apologies if this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find a thread that answered all my Q's.

I'm 35 years old,

director of a successful building company of 3 yrs, self employed builder for 15 yrs.

no actual qualifications, just a time served builder,

home owner in uk (for what its worth),

have an uncle that's been a resident for 30+yrs, and cousins that were born there,

what are my chances/best options for a permanent visa?

any advice very much appreciated!

Posted (edited)

They recognise prior learning but because you have no qualifications you would need to find the 10 points on your application that gets you someplace else and your age isn’t the better age for points either, you could maybe make this difference up with work in nominated field points given you have 15 yrs which is a nightmare to prove to be honest but people do it and a superior English exam result. That’s all if your trade is on the list. 

Edited by over it
  • Like 1

Give the down under centre a call regarding your qualifications or gaining them. Based in Ealing.

• Like 1

You need to check your occupation is even on the list. (And it needs to be the medium to long term list). If its not, then relatives in Australia dont matter I’m afraid. 

If it is on the list, you need to pass a skills assessment and usually they require formal qualifications as part of that evidence, but not always. Some occupations you can claim work experience to pass the skills assessments but this is a difficult road to go down and requires a detailed paper trail of your activities etc over the years. 

Probably best to consult a Mara registered agent, many will do a free consultation and let you know your options (if any) based on your specific situation. 

There are a number of highly regarded agents who post regularly on this thread if you are interested.

• Like 2

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

Posted (edited)
On 14/06/2019 at 20:37, adambudders said:

hi,

apologies if this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find a thread that answered all my Q's.

I'm 35 years old,

director of a successful building company of 3 yrs, self employed builder for 15 yrs.

no actual qualifications, just a time served builder,

home owner in uk (for what its worth),

have an uncle that's been a resident for 30+yrs, and cousins that were born there,

what are my chances/best options for a permanent visa?

any advice very much appreciated!

On a side note, it seems like you have a successful life in the UK with a growing, thriving business. Why would you want to give that up by coming here and potentially having to start all over again, especially at your age. 

Edited by Red Rose
  • Like 3

You could look at an business/Investor Visa 188. It has 3 streams.

• Like 1

Visa 143 applic. Lodged 27.01.2017

Visa 188b EOI (Queensland) 09.01.2019

Visa 188b nomination 31.01.2019

Visa 188b applic. Lodged 19.02.2019

Visa 188b request for further info., medicals/police check 22.02.2019

Visa 188b information submited 27.03.2019

On 16/06/2019 at 01:13, Red Rose said:

especially at your age. 

He's 35 not 95, plenty of time to re-invent in Oz left in his life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

He's 35 not 95, plenty of time to re-invent in Oz left in his life.

But he may have to reinvent himself before he can even get a visa

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

But he may have to reinvent himself before he can even get a visa

Yes that is true

• Like 1

I meant for points, after 32 it drops 5 doesn't it?

I don't think he is that committed 🙂

189 Visa No AGENT | ACS submit: 13/02/2014, results: 09/04/2014 | IELTS: 15/03/2014, results: 25/05/2014 (9,9,9,8) | EOI submit: 09/04/2014 | Invite received: 13/04/2014 | Lodged: 15/04/2014 | Uploaded Meds: 01/05/2014 | Team 33 CO doc request: 15/05/2014 | Uploaded PCC: 01/06/2014 | Further CO request (dupe docs) 06/06/2014 | Docs mailed back 06/06/14 | Grant received: 17/06/2014