We're on our way

Guest Lockies

Guest The Pom Queen

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! The visas are all coming through thick and fast now.

I don't know too much about Werribee as we are in the SE Suburbs but what are you wanting to know?

Guest Lockies

Werribee is in between Geelong and Melbourne, about an hours drive according to web sites.

30/08/07 Our application was accepted on just before all the changes

13/05/08 Medicals carried out

14/07/08 Visa granted

As we have never been to Oz we didn't really know where to start so we kinda just picked a place on the map but didn't want it to be too hot. Obviously !! it had to be fairly near to Albert Park so OH said!!

Looking on the map Werribee is a hell of a lot bigger than we expected and now we don't know which suburb to decide upon and schools are also a factor for our 2 children.

So if anyone knows anything about the area or knows the best web sites to visit, all info would be gratefully received

I live in sanctuary lakes, this isnt far from werribee, we go to werribee for shopping ect.

It takes about 30 mins to Albert park on a good run and about 40 mins rush hour over the westgate bridge. Not too sure about schools ect but i can recommend were we live, we have been here since december and love it, have made loads of english friends which we couldn't of done without

Hi gparkes,

Sorry to but in on this thread but we are hoping to move to melbourne when finally get visa and sanctuary lakes is our favourite so far!! Only going by what we see on realestate.com and it looks fantastic. We are coming to melbourne for our honeymoon in 6 weeks and is one of the first places we want to visit.

Can i ask if you think its a good place for children (boy of 14 and girl of 9) as kids having plenty of friends staying around them is one the most important factors to where we decide to live. Can you also tell me if there any plenty jobs available in the area (oh is a plumber and i would be looking for administration work).

Any other info would be fantastic!

Cheers

Maz x

Guest itskaren
:jiggy:Hooray at last visa granted. We want to move to Werribee so any info would be great

thanks

I am assuming it is Werribee in Melbourne. If so why?

Kind regards

Guest Lockies

Couldn't decide where, so we decided that:

We didn't want it too hot so Perth & Queensland were out

We wanted to be fairly near to Albert Park as we are F1 fans

We currently live in the SW, Cornwall to be exact, so decided to stick with that

Looking at places on the map we came across Werribee and thought it sounded very Cornish (as in Where e be/ where are you) so thought that would be a good place, at least to start with

Guest paul and jo

hi my name is paul , we are moving to melbourne in sept . we are going to stay with friends who live in sanctuary lakes , and they love it . it is really good for kids there . they have bn in oz for 3year now and have no regrets .they both have to do abit of traveling to work but who cares ! i wouldnt worry about work apparantley there is plenty about . im a barber and hope to open a shop when i get there .

good luck for the future

paul

Congratulations on the Visa... Good luck with the choice of where to move.

It seems that Sanctuary Lakes is full of ex pats...

There are some nice new estates around werribee area. Wyndham Vale, Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes, Werribee south.

We are Renting in Truganina, and we like it here. We are close to the city of Melbourne and also Geelong. Geelong is a lovely place.

Our oldest child will start school next year. There are plenty of school around and more are being built to accommodate the new estates, Truganina doesn't have a school yet one is to be built in the next 2 years. we are sending our son to one in Hoppers Crossing.

He attends Kindergarten in Tarneit.

One downfall to Truganina is Public transport... you need to have a car or really enjoy walking...

There are great bike/walking trails around great for family exercise.

F1 is staying in Albert Park starting at a later time.

Guest Lockies

Wow thanx you really know your stuff, we are acting blind at the mo. Our plan is to find a good school and rent somewhere nearby, preferable in walking distance until we know a bit more about work etc. Not planning on buying for a while until we know for definite which area we really want to settle in. Keep hearing alot about sancuary Lakes and we have looked at it on the net. Initially we felt it looked a bit like a holiday/retirement complex but after reading stuff seems like it could be a good choice.

Biking and walking sounds like our kind of lifestyle too

thanx for the info

Hi gparkes,

Sorry to but in on this thread but we are hoping to move to melbourne when finally get visa and sanctuary lakes is our favourite so far!! Only going by what we see on realestate.com and it looks fantastic. We are coming to melbourne for our honeymoon in 6 weeks and is one of the first places we want to visit.

Can i ask if you think its a good place for children (boy of 14 and girl of 9) as kids having plenty of friends staying around them is one the most important factors to where we decide to live. Can you also tell me if there any plenty jobs available in the area (oh is a plumber and i would be looking for administration work).

Any other info would be fantastic!

Cheers

Maz x

Hi Maz,

We love it here, we don't have any children as of yet but i am 38 weeks pregnant so any minute now we will have a bub!!

We have friends with children and they seem happy enough, they seem to be big on net ball and general sports (all our friends seem to have girls)

We have a large group of friends here and if you are here in 6 weeks or so maybe you could come and meet us and have a coffee.

As for jobs i am sure a plummer is always needed!! we are only 20 mins from town so plenty of variety of where to work

Hi gparkes,

CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy - you must be so excited!! Please let me know once the baby is born and you need to get photos on poms for us all to see.

Meeting up for a coffee would be fantastic! We arrive on Sept 3rd so if you feel up to meeting after babys born, please pm me and we can arrange something.

Cheers

Maz x

Archived