ACS RPL as well as passing MCSE

Brenning

Hi All,

I have a question that I couldn't see answered anywhere else. I'm currently going through the skill assessment with ACS and seem to have to go down the RPL route due to not having any degrees. I did pass MCITP:EA (Which was basically MCSE for the Windows Server 2008 platform) however ACS don't seem to accept this as it wasn't called MCSE, hence the RPL route, though I'm really borderline on points for a visa (and this is including 20 points from IELTS). 

If i complete my RPL, and also pass an MCSE now (it's only 1 exam to upgrade to it) does that get me any additional points over not passing my MCSE now and just submitting the RPL on its own?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks for the replies guys.

2 hours ago, wrussell said:

If you hold a qualification that was taken into account by the ACS when conducting your skills assessment, you should be awarded 10 points. Note the previous post.

Thanks Westly. Presumably when you say "Note the previous post" you are pointing me towards VERYSTORMY's post to speak to a registered migration agent. Aren't you a registered migration agent? Can you answer my original question based on your migration agent knowledge and experience?

2 minutes ago, Brenning said:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Thanks Westly. Presumably when you say "Note the previous post" you are pointing me towards VERYSTORMY's post to speak to a registered migration agent. Aren't you a registered migration agent? Can you answer my original question based on your migration agent knowledge and experience?

I’m sure he can, and whilst the migration agents on here do post an awful lot of information to help people for free, they are professionals and deserve to be paid for their time.

I also believe he did answer your question to the best of his ability based on the limited information in your original post. 

Shoul you wish to consult him for a detailed review of your case, his details are below the post.