AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Guest Guest226914
Yes, I passed test in 22 Jun , today is 111st day waiting after test, still no any news about approval letter

Seems silly there's two letters after the test. Why don't they just send one letter saying you're approved and your ceremony is on whichever date. This whole process is ridiculous and so frustrating and I haven't even been waiting as long as you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some movement @ Melbourne office. Here is a timeline for a victorian applicant. NOT me

Council: City of Casey, Melbourne
Test place: Melbourne CBD office
Applied: 9 th April 17 (Online)
Email Notification for Test appointment on June 1st : Scheduled on 06 Sep17
Rescheduled Test date online: 31 July 17
Approval Received: 12/10/17( Post), issue date: 4/10/17
Ceremony Date: Waiting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Good news! I reckon DIBP started processing since October, 16-9=7, I may wait one more week (if possible, exactly same time interval), should be issued around 11~13 Oct. Dementia will be treated soon:P

Hi Elliot Tsao,

would you please clarify what is meant by 16-9=7 what 16 stands for and 6 as well?

Regards,

16th April is the date when Eliot applied for citizenship. The guy who approved on 4th applied on 9th April. So he applied 7 days late than that guy. 16-9= 7. So he can expect approved  7 days later than his approval.  4+7= 11th October ( two extra days for 13, just in case ).

Complex maths.

Edited by Sheila
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sheila said:

16th April is the date when Eliot applied for citizenship. The guy who approved on 4th applied on 9th April. So he applied 7 days late than that guy. 16-9= 7. So he can expect approved  7 days later than his approval.

Complex maths.

Hahahahaha Thanks Sheila for your clarification. I didn't realize it at all although I am an Engineer !!!

My partner rang the hotline today and the lady was most unhelpful. His application still hasn't been approved and she said they couldn't look into it until the processing time of 14 months has passed. Frustratingly they did have the wrong address on file as well but she said that didn't matter as she could see no letters had been sent. 

He applied in Feb 17,

Test and interview - mid July

no approval letter yet. 

This was in Sydney ( now living in Adelaide).

Edited by londonluci
  • Like 1

Hi all

Finally we have reached the end of the long journey of immigration and citizenship form filling and payments. Now time to get on with our lives!

Applied: 16th April 17 (Online)

Acknowledgement: 16th April 2017

Test invite email: 19th June 2017

Test date: 23rd June 2017 Melbourne CBD after a reappoint online ? pass 

Approval letter: 19th July 2017

Ceremony: 5th October 2017

Passport: 12th October 2017

The ceremony was relatively small with a dozen or so. At the end we all sang the national anthem with great gusto singing with bold and strong voices - the mixture of accents made the song sound like it was sung by angels I’m sure ?

Good luck everyone with your process and future endeavours. I won’t be going along this process again!

All the best

Felix123 signing out!

• Like 2

Mr Elliot and Ms Sheila thanks for your frequent posts and updates. It’s good to share experiences on here as sometimes the silence can be deafening during the wait. Sometimes there is no apparent logic to timelines, one will get processed super fast and another very slowly - I suspect this rests with who it allocated as a case officer! Case officer goes on holiday the ball stops rolling. The process will end for you guys soon and your minds will be free to think of other things! 

• Like 1

Hi all
Finally we have reached the end of the long journey of immigration and citizenship form filling and payments. Now time to get on with our lives!
Applied: 16th April 17 (Online)
Acknowledgement: 16th April 2017
Test invite email: 19th June 2017
Test date: 23rd June 2017 Melbourne CBD after a reappoint online [emoji817] pass 
Approval letter: 19th July 2017
Ceremony: 5th October 2017
Passport: 12th October 2017
The ceremony was relatively small with a dozen or so. At the end we all sang the national anthem with great gusto singing with bold and strong voices - the mixture of accents made the song sound like it was sung by angels I’m sure [emoji23]
Good luck everyone with your process and future endeavours. I won’t be going along this process again!
All the best
Felix123 signing out!

Congratulations@Felix123. I remember our days huffing and puffing from 186 forum. Your anthem bit got me cracking and made my Saturday. My family and I are going to attend our ceremony on the 30th. Mrs has started shopping for the right dress!

MARN: 1685881

Anything posted in this forum is not migration advise, the information shared is general. To seek specific advice, PM me.

• Like 1

Another approval for another  Melbourne applicant. Now immi started looking into old files (B4  20 april 2017)

Date of application: 18 /04/2017

Test: 08 Sept 2017

Approval 5 /10/2017

Letter 13/10 /2017

N                                                                      

31 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Another approval for another  Melbourne applicant. Now immi started looking into old files (B4  20 april 2017)

Date of application: 18 /04/2017

Test: 08 Sept 2017

Approval 5 /10/2017

Letter 13/10 /2017

N                                                                      

Hi Sheila, our Xmas gifts may on its way to us. It may be randomly processed, also influenced by AU Post fast or not. 16 Apr and 22 Jun should be earlier than this case~ lol  

• Like 1

I am not 100% sure but someone told me that queue is related to the date of application and not related to the date of the citizenship test. As the department has the service standard from application date to the date of finalisation, therefore, they would prefer older application first. I applied 18th April and you on 16 April, therefore, your application should be approved first. 

13 minutes ago, Sheila said:

I am not 100% sure but someone told me that queue is related to the date of application and not related to the date of the citizenship test. As the department has the service standard from application date to the date of finalisation, therefore, they would prefer older application first. I applied 18th April and you on 16 April, therefore, your application should be approved first. 

lol, thanks for explaining. Mine should be approved and during delivery now. Cuz this case, applicant whether lodgement date or test date all later than mine. That's reason why I guessed like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheila said:

My partner applied in February and still no approval letter :(

• Like 1

Guest Guest226914

I applied Jan but the earliest test appointment wasn't until August (Sydney) hopefully mine comes soon.