AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

6 minutes ago, shash121 said:

As I have heard, they usually ask you to fill the form and bring it to the appointment. But they asked mine beforehand but I think its up to the case officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. Thanks 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2017 at 2:59 PM, ahad12 said:

@Zet01  I spoke to my migration agent. He said we can apply , if they approve the new rule they will refund the application fee. Even I am not sure whether to take risk of applying.

So what is your situation with applying for citizenship? When can you apply under old rules and also new rules?

Have you applied and if so when and was there any issues applying online you was not blocked due new rules?

So you have an agent and he said to apply and if new rules do pass you still be refunded? Do you mind sending me a pm telling me who your agent is,I used one a  while back for my pr and wife's partner visa and he knew his stuff I'm just curious who you agent is.

But he maybe just said that to get his fee also from you but it would be a bit harsh if all along he knew you would never get refunded and lose his too.

But sounds interesting your agent says to go ahead,I don't mind or should I say wife does not mind applying as long as got refund.

its either apply in June which is 4 yrs for wife in Australia and come July month after be 3yrs pr she will have or wait till next July 2018 to have gained the 4yrs pr under new rules.

By the time the new rules kicked in if they pass say this is the end of 2017 or start of 2018,it be only 7 months after that she be eligible under new rules, would be a bit harsh if they rejected then being so close.

Im tempted to just go ahead as normal and see what happens but really don't want to be rejected and get no refund. If your agent says do it then I'm inclined to go by what they say,I wonder if they know something we don't?

Anyway if your not eligible now cause of the new rules they should not allow you online but if it is allowing you then surely you have a compaint there if was rejected and got no refund, cause they allowed us to apply and new rules are not law as yet.

Updates..!

1. Date applied: 26/01/2017
  2. City and Council area: Hume , Vic
  3. Date received the acknowledgement email: 26/01/2017
  4. Date of the Citizenship Test: 10/03/2017
  5. Date of Approval letter: 22/03/2017
  6. Tentative Date for ceremony: 01/08/2017

did anyone tried to change the ceremony date to an earlier one?

Good luck for all. 

6 minutes ago, شكوبيستان السفلى said:

Updates..!

Good luck for all. 

Hi,  yes I have called my council but no luck :(

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bwatt99 said:

So what is your situation with applying for citizenship? When can you apply under old rules and also new rules?

At the moment you can only apply under the old rules because the new rules have not yet been passed into law. The problem is that the government has said that when they are passed into law they will apply to anyone making an application after they were announced (on 20th April I believe). That means you can apply but might subsequently be rejected. You might be entitled to your application fee back if the application was valid under the old rules but not the new rules but that's the only compensation you'll be able to claim.

20 hours ago, donnapow said:

I haven't been asked for one of them forms, does everyone need to do one ?

No, the form 1399 Declaration of Service only applies to those who've been in the military so isn't applicable to many people (or at least not many poms - for those countries that have mass conscription it's different).

9 minutes ago, Ken said:

No, the form 1399 Declaration of Service only applies to those who've been in the military so isn't applicable to many people (or at least not many poms - for those countries that have mass conscription it's different).

Thanks for letting me know

16 hours ago, Ken said:

At the moment you can only apply under the old rules because the new rules have not yet been passed into law. The problem is that the government has said that when they are passed into law they will apply to anyone making an application after they were announced (on 20th April I believe). That means you can apply but might subsequently be rejected. You might be entitled to your application fee back if the application was valid under the old rules but not the new rules but that's the only compensation you'll be able to claim.

You might be entitled to your application fee back if the application was valid under the old rules but not the new rules but that's the only compensation you'll be able to claim.

So as the new rules are not law yet and say you can apply on the date under old rules what do you mean?

If going by old rules wife can apply 1st june but if we left it and went under new rules it be july next yr where she will have gained her yrs pr.

To be honest they are just complete clowns the way they have gone about all this.

I just hope this does not pass. But we have a while yet to wait to see,while all of us or many of us are affected. When a few simple changes could be made,but no the country is run by clowns.

Updates

Just received my invitation letter to attend the citizenship ceremony.

Timeline:
Hume Council , VIC 
Application : 26/01/2017 
E-mail received for the test: 07/03/2017
Rescheduled online: 10/03/2017 ( original date: 19/06/2017 )
Approval letter: 22/03/2017 dated 15/03/2017
Ceremony invitation letter: 17/05/2017 
Ceremony date: 06/06/2017

The strange thing is that I called DIBP couple days ago to ask for any tentative date of the ceremony, and the nice lady said I got one in the 1/08/2017 ... !!! but I received the invitation letter today for June ceremony .!

Any way, the sooner the better .. lool

From the bottom of my heart I hope everyone`s application will run smoothly and successful.

Good luck.

• Like 2

On 15/05/2017 at 11:11, شكوبيستان السفلى said:

Updates..!

Good luck for all. 

Guys I still have not got my approval letter and I need to change my address as well  to hune council 

what to do now ???

1 hour ago, Komalami said:
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 05:11, شكوبيستان السفلى said:

Updates..!

Good luck for all. 

Guys I still have not got my approval letter and I need to change my address as well  to hune council 

what to do now ???

Dear Komalami, few things before I answer,  How did you get the ceremony date without getting the approval letter   2. Your council is Hume right, so wht you mean to change the address , you are already in Hume right. Regards

Hi 

i was worried about approval Letter not Ceremony 

another when I filled the application I put my council as hume but I live in reservoir so it's confusing . Now I actually move in craigieburn so want to change the council but very worried why I have not got the approval letter yet it's been 2 weeks now 

I am worried because my case was difficult and different so it's already took me long to get all this sort it out 

Edited by Komalami

49 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Waiting for test email @ 37 days , Victoria, Hume Council

They r very slow I got mine test date after 30 days and got a test date in June but change it to may 5 and now I am waiting for my approval letter , called then so many times but no proper response