Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

Thanks Marisawright. Got your point. I just graduated and I’ll be applying for my 485 visa soon which would allow me to work full time for 2 years. While I’m on 485 visa, I’m planning to submit eoi for 190 visa at different states where I am eligible.

Hi there, I’ve just submitted vic190 with 5.8 yrs experience recognized by ANMAC , total mark 75 + 5ss, how many chance of getting pre-invitation in 2months time or how long I may need to wait for ?? Still thinking of up my English to superior but probably gonna take some time tho. 

2 hours ago, Edith li said:

Hi there, I’ve just submitted vic190 with 5.8 yrs experience recognized by ANMAC , total mark 75 + 5ss, how many chance of getting pre-invitation in 2months time or how long I may need to wait for ?? Still thinking of up my English to superior but probably gonna take some time tho. 

That's a great score, you will definitely be invited soon but no one can guarantee it will be within two months. If you really need the invitation asap, do the English test as that would put you up on the ladder. Good luck! 

14 minutes ago, Martina said:

That's a great score, you will definitely be invited soon but no one can guarantee it will be within two months. If you really need the invitation asap, do the English test as that would put you up on the ladder. Good luck! 

How about 190 for NSW? Anyone knows if it's easy to get invitation in this state? I've got 80+5 points. 

Hi guys!

I just started my assessment with ANMAC, will be submitting all the documents by next week. I should have 70 points for 189 and 70+5 for 190. I was looking into 489 as well but it seems that only Tasmania nominates people without requiring onshore experiences? Or am I mistaken?  Also, is it possible to submit EOI for 190 at VIC and 489 with TAS or would that look as though you're  not willing to commit to one state? 

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Applied AHPRA 18/12/2018. IQN applied 5/7/2019. AHPRA refused 8/7/2019. Registered with New Zealand Nursing Council 13/11/2019. Trans-Tasmanian Agreement applied 26/11/2019. Registered with AHPRA 30/12/2019. ANMAC applied 7/1/2020.

15 hours ago, Edith li said:

Hello!

No one can predict your State Invite. I have submitted EOI for 190 VIC with 80+5ss points (9/08/2019) but I'm still waiting for an invite. May I know your job code? Mine is 254415 (Critical Care & Emergency).

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hello!

No one can predict your State Invite. I have submitted EOI for 190 VIC with 80+5ss points (9/08/2019) but I'm still waiting for an invite. May I know your job code? Mine is 254415 (Critical Care & Emergency).

Thanks!

Onshore or offshore? 

11 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hello!

Thanks!

Hi, mine is surgical and also offshore application, I’m also wondering if offshore affects a lot on the progress of invitation....

10 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Offshore. Does being offshore really affects your chances of being invited? Any idea?

I think offshore takes longer than onshore, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I think that for some states you need a job offer to apply from offshore. 

2 minutes ago, peimika said:

I think offshore takes longer than onshore, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I think that for some states you need a job offer to apply from offshore. 

That's true that you need Job offer letter to apply for some states but for 190 VIC, there is no such condition, you just need 2 years post reg exp which can be from overseas. But I'm not sure if invitation chance for offshore candidates takes longer than onshore candidates or not. Since states do not share their respective invites publicly, it is very difficult to comment on this.
I have a friend who is onshore with 80+5ss points and EOI dating Sept, 2019 and he is also waiting for an invite.

2 hours ago, Edith li said:

I’m also wondering if offshore affects a lot on the progress of invitation....

Applying offshore won't affect your invitation or visa processing time. 

2 hours ago, peimika said:

I think that for some states you need a job offer to apply from offshore. 

Please don't be mistaken. The states usually want you to have a job offer only when you're moving interstate, so onshore. 

2 hours ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hello!

Thanks!

I'm actually shocked to see that you're still waiting with your points Pooja! I'm really sorry to hear that, it seems like they limited invitations and grants massively. Hoping that you'll hear from them soon 🤞

29 minutes ago, Annita said:

Hi is there any chance to get 190 nomination for 85 +5 NSW ?

What for?

I got my NSW grant (admittedly not health related) with 65 + 5ss just before Christmas so it's doable, but it's down to what "spaces" they need to fill rather than points really in the sponsorship game

Edited by Ausvisitor

Hey
In which occupation you got invitation with 65+5ss points from NSW ?

Thanks

What for?
I got my NSW grant (admittedly not health related) with 65 + 5ss just before Christmas so it's doable, but it's down to what "spaces" they need to fill rather than points really in the sponsorship game

17 hours ago, Martina said:

Applying offshore won't affect your invitation or visa processing time. 

Please don't be mistaken. The states usually want you to have a job offer only when you're moving interstate, so onshore. 

I'm actually shocked to see that you're still waiting with your points Pooja! I'm really sorry to hear that, it seems like they limited invitations and grants massively. Hoping that you'll hear from them soon 🤞

Hello @Martina
I'm shocked too. Recently my points increased for 190 because of completion of 5 years for my overseas work exp and now I'm at 85+5 ss points for 190 VIC with D.O.E as 05/01/2020. I think the reason being I'm offshore but as you said it doesn't really matter.
I have been trying so hard to secure a job on TSS visa but have been facing rejections from all over the places as nobody is willing to sponsor an overseas nurse. And being offshore I don't even have much options. I feel so much frustrated. 😣

Does anybody here knows if any age care facility/hospital is giving sponsorship in any of the states? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

45 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hello @Martina
I'm shocked too. Recently my points increased for 190 because of completion of 5 years for my overseas work exp and now I'm at 85+5 ss points for 190 VIC with D.O.E as 05/01/2020. I think the reason being I'm offshore but as you said it doesn't really matter.
I have been trying so hard to secure a job on TSS visa but have been facing rejections from all over the places as nobody is willing to sponsor an overseas nurse. And being offshore I don't even have much options. I feel so much frustrated. 😣

Does anybody here knows if any age care facility/hospital is giving sponsorship in any of the states? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Have you submitted your EOI for 189 too? Or NSW 190 as well? As far as I know, what you're saying is true - no one will sponsor an offshore nurse. Maybe consider arriving on student visa and try to find sponsorship on the spot? 

1 hour ago, Martina said:

Have you submitted your EOI for 189 too? Or NSW 190 as well? As far as I know, what you're saying is true - no one will sponsor an offshore nurse. Maybe consider arriving on student visa and try to find sponsorship on the spot? 

Yes, I have submitted EOI for 189 as well and 190 NSW and EOI for 190 VIC is a separate one. Do you think I should withdraw my 190 NSW EOI because anyway I don't stand any chance of invitation from the state as they need one year onshore exp.

Also, I don't want to spend more money by coming on student visa since I have already spent a lot on the bridging program and you already know bridging program costs you a fortune.

Edited by Pooja Negi

21 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Yes, I have submitted EOI for 189 as well and 190 NSW and EOI for 190 VIC is a separate one. Do you think I should withdraw my 190 NSW EOI because anyway I don't stand any chance of invitation from the state as they need one year onshore exp.

Also, I don't want to spend more money by coming on student visa since I have already spent a lot on the bridging program and you already know bridging program costs you a fortune.

Yes I know how expensive it is 😫 is it true NSW has such a condition for nurses? That must be new I've never heard of it need to do some googling. 

41 minutes ago, Martina said:

Yes I know how expensive it is 😫 is it true NSW has such a condition for nurses? That must be new I've never heard of it need to do some googling. 

Yes. I don't know if it is applicable for all categories of RN or not but for my job code (254415), there is this additional criteria. Please find the link below for the same.

https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/nsw-skilled-occupations-list/nsw-190-priority-skilled-occupation-list

11 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Yes. I don't know if it is applicable for all categories of RN or not but for my job code (254415), there is this additional criteria. Please find the link below for the same.

https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/nsw-skilled-occupations-list/nsw-190-priority-skilled-occupation-list

Yeah, RN (critical care and emergency) and NEC have limited availability and is required to have stayed in NSW for a year. The additional requirement is not enforced on RNs of other disciplines. Does that mean that a lot of RN from critical care, emergency and nec background are applying? 

"The additional requirement for these occupations is to be living in NSW, and to have been employed in NSW for at least one year, in the nominated occupation."

https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/Skilled-Nominated-visa-subclass-190/are-you-eligible

https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/nsw-skilled-occupations-list/nsw-190-priority-skilled-occupation-list

Have you looked into the 489 visa?

Edited by MichelleF92