2nd year refusal

traceya89

i have had my second year whv refused as it says i did not do the 88 days. i worked in northern territory in a hotel for over 88 days and uploaded payslips. i think the manager got confused as i was on  uk whv and i think if u on usa whv you would have got the 2nd year. he says he will support my appeal as he was always told that this hotel work was eligible for 2nd year.

can someone advise is it worth appealing and if i do, what is the link to the appeal process

many thanks

On 24/01/2019 at 05:04, rammygirl said:

@wrussellI did think they had planned to extend the WHV to cover hospitality work in some regional areas at one time did this not happen?

@rammygirl That's the difference between the 417 and the 462 that the OP refers to - the 462 allows hospitality work in Northern Australia. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-462/specified-462-work

Ah that makes complete sense.

To the OP I can’t really see any grounds for appeal it is your responsibility to check the terms of your visa and if uncertain seek expert advice, not from an employer who is unaware of the full details.

I am surprised that this issue hasn’t arisen on here before tbh. 

• Like 2