RRV - Help Needed

asrar

Hi,

I received PR in Feb 2014 and expiring next month. I visited Australia in December 2014 for a few days and never returned back. My reason to not return is that I have been working overseas in US with a stable job and do not want to resign. 

I want to get my PR extended (via RRV) but would like to know working overseas can be considered compelling and passionate reason. 

Appreciate if someone can share their experience and provide guidance in this regard. 

Thanks

No, working overseas is not a compelling reason.   Especially as you obviously didn't even try to get a job in Australia.

Do you have any strong ties to Australia?  If not, then you will not get a RRV and you will lose your PR forever, unless you are able to move to Australia before it expires. 

3 hours ago, asrar said:
Hi,

I received PR in Feb 2014 and expiring next month. I visited Australia in December 2014 for a few days and never returned back. My reason to not return is that I have been working overseas in US with a stable job and do not want to resign. 

I want to get my PR extended (via RRV) but would like to know working overseas can be considered compelling and passionate reason. 

Appreciate if someone can share their experience and provide guidance in this regard. 

Thanks

Why on earth would you apply for PR in oz if you have a stable job somewhere else and don't intend to leave it!?

3 hours ago, asrar said:
Hi,

Thanks

You do not need to show ‘compelling and compassionate reasons’ for being overseas unless you have been away for 5+ years. You DO need to show that you have substantial business, cultural, personal or employment ties to Australia, which are of benefit to Australia.  

Thanks everyone for the prompt response. It looks like I do not have many options but to either move to Australia or to let go PR (certainly a tough decision to make). 

@Nemesis I got a job (which became stable) after I already applied for PR and while I was waiting to receive it.

Many of us had to leave the security good jobs, homes, family and friends in our home country to migrate. Most with no job or accommodation secured and often with family in tow. It IS scary but only you can decide if you want to make the move.  Looks like that decision needs to be made soon. 

• Like 1