Christmas shopping for relatives in UK

oliver27

Hey,

Looking for an easy way to get gifts to relatives in the U.K. that doesn’t involve having to post them from Australia.

What do people do on here?

Amazon UK site and then delivery from there? (Assume you need UK debit card for this?)

Gift vouchers for everyone?! 😂 Assume I still have the same problem though as would need to be U.K. based companies and they wouldn’t come wrapped.

I’m quite new here and don’t really want the additional stress of posting Xmas presents by due dates etc. So any ideas would be appreciated!

I actually have just done a few gifts on amazon, and was going to get amazon gift cards when I realised there were people who needed it more than me trying to think of gifts for people who have got most of what they want, so bought some unicef donation ‘gifts’ instead!

• Like 1

I've shopped on Amazon UK and USA quite a lot over the years, I pay with an Aus credit card. I've also bought vouchers for restaurants, theatre vouchers and ordered various other presents online. One year my BIL requested donations to Oxfam which was great - we bought someone the basics to start a vegetable garden. 

• Like 1

If you've still got a British credit card or debit card, then just order from any British online store, like you would when you were at home.   A lot of them will gift-wrap and send straight to the recipient. 

I often use Lush (https://uk.lush.com/)

Lakeland's good (https://www.lakeland.co.uk)

I like this one for silly presents https://www.thepresentfinder.co.uk/

At one time, very few British online stores would accept a foreign credit card, even if the delivery address was in the UK.  That is changing now.

Edited by Marisawright

You don't need a British credit or debit card to order from a UK based site so if you want to use Amazon or any of the other stores that do mail order then use your Australian card just the same. I'm in UK and use my Aussie card all the time (yes I know it's stupid but there were reasons) and very very rarely have I been knocked back because it's a Foreign card, maybe twice in the past 7 years. A lot of places now take pay pal which is even easier! 

This year for the first time I am sending my son and granddaughters something from Amazon Au - it cost $75+gst. The same thing (thought I might get it for son and grandson) in Amazon UK £69.95! I'm rethinking that one!  Usually though we suck it up with the postage because the granddaughters love the personalised "Pops wrapped" goodies.