I want to be with my wife in Australia

marcrinna

I got married in July to my partner who Is Australian. 
The issue is that we have only lived together for 3 months because of my job in the UK.
i am thinking of joining her  in Australia on a 3 month visitor visa then in 3 months I'll apply for a partner visa.
From reading the forums doing this could be risky 😞 
is there a better plan?

Yes it could be very risky, especially if you have so little evidence to prove your relationship is long-standing.

How old are you?   If you are young enough to get a WHV (Working Holiday Visa)  then that's your solution.  That will give you the right to live and work in Australia for a year, which will allow you to build up evidence of your relationship, and then you can apply towards the end of that visa.

If not, I would get a migration agent's advice on how to put together your evidence to present it in the strongest possible light, and apply in London.

1 hour ago, Hawar19Jan said:

Apply on shore partner visa, application may take more than a year on shore. At least,  you will be with your partner.  And while application is in progress you can still build and send more evidence to immigration department. 

Just check first whether you'll be able to work while you're waiting. 

Also bear in mind you would arrive on a tourist visa, and that Immigration is entitled to refuse you entry to Australia if they feel you're likely to overstay your visa.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, marcrinna said:
I got married in July to my partner who Is Australian. 
The issue is that we have only lived together for 3 months because of my job in the UK.
i am thinking of joining her  in Australia on a 3 month visitor visa then in 3 months I'll apply for a partner visa.
From reading the forums doing this could be risky 😞 
is there a better plan?

Can your wife spend time with you in UK while you wait - that's probably the least risky option. If she can get a UK visa of course 

Had a similar situation

Applied for visitor visa, 3 months  

Used the visit to to spend family time together and build relationships, gained additional evidence,

Back to the uk and apply for offshore visa, can always return on visitor visa to spend time with your partner 

• Like 1

Lots of people arrive on a visitor visa in order to spend time with family in Australia and make sure they're comfortable with the decision to make it a permanent move, then apply for an onshore visa.  The bridging visa will take effect once the 3-month stay expires without you leaving the country, and the bridging visa allows you to work.  Unless DHA has a reason to expect you'd overstay a visitor visa, they shouldn't have an issue with this approach.