AITSL support (Final Transcript??)

missbell88

Hi, maths teacher currently in process of applying for 189. Completing application for AITSL assessment and they want a 'final transcript' from both my ITT provider and university provider.

To my knowledge UK universities don't provide this. Did anybody apply and succeed without a final transcript?

You just have to contact your university and you can order it. It shows the breakdown of all the modules you did. I’m pretty certain that you will need it for your application so maybe have a look on your university’s website be I’m sure they can get one sent out to you.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, niamhmulk said:

You just have to contact your university and you can order it. It shows the breakdown of all the modules you did. I’m pretty certain that you will need it for your application so maybe have a look on your university’s website be I’m sure they can get one sent out to you.

Is a final transcript different from the transcript you get for your pgce ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Areyousure said:

I’m not sure as I didn’t do a PGCE. They’re usually called Academic transcripts. It just shows all your grades for the modules that you did, and then the overall grade. What’s on your PGCE transcript?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Areyousure said:

I can't remember getting one from my PGCE- just a certificate. My final placement report was written by school provider and god knows where that is now anyway... eeek.

I've contacted my undergrad uni with no issue but my PGCE provider is going to be more of an issue. Did you complete a PGCE and get a transcript? What kind of info did it have on it?

I know it seem stupid now but I just thought the certificate was enough proof (I didn't think I'd ever be planning a move to Oz though- haha)

2 minutes ago, niamhmulk said:

I’m not sure as I didn’t do a PGCE. They’re usually called Academic transcripts. It just shows all your grades for the modules that you did, and then the overall grade. What’s on your PGCE transcript?

I just got a piece of paper with 'final report' on it. It was 1 sheet of A4 hand written. I can't be the only one in this situation but I'm reluctant to use an agent for this part of my visa application, they quoted me £425 +VAT for the Skills Assessment and it's literally just an 8 page form. 

Have you used an agent at all?

11 minutes ago, niamhmulk said:

I’ve done everything by myself. Hopefully there’s someone on here who’s done a PGCE as well who can help! Could you contact the uni you did your PGCE at? 

I think I'm going to try to as well. After the skills test they're quoting £1200 +VAT for EOI! I'm only planning on being out there for a couple of years! Being new to this (as in day 1) its good to know you can do it alone.

I've just contacted both providers- both are sending transcripts though, Hopefully I'll get this sent off by the end of next week.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, niamhmulk said:

I Havnt still received my pgce transcript.

Edited by Areyousure
  • Like 1

When I submitted my wife’s application with PGCE I included both transcripts which she had. One from university of Chester and one from university of Birmingham so they do provide them with certificates. It’s so the asesssor can see what units/ credits are covered by your degree. I also had to source a signed letter from Birmingham stating how many hours supervised teaching practice the wife had as the transcript did not list it. Another reason they may want your transcripts. Remember they expect 4 years of university over there so they want to see dates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jsmull87 said:

When I submitted my wife’s application with PGCE I included both transcripts which she had. One from university of Chester and one from university of Birmingham so they do provide them with certificates. It’s so the asesssor can see what units/ credits are covered by your degree. I also had to source a signed letter from Birmingham stating how many hours supervised teaching practice the wife had as the transcript did not list it. Another reason they may want your transcripts. Remember they expect 4 years of university over there so they want to see dates.

Thanks for the info. I've got all my ducks in a row now regarding transcripts etc. however could I ask a question about what you deemed was meant by 'original employment statements on official letterhead of the employing authority'  when requesting a skilled employment statement.  How much information did you provide, will a letter from my employers suffice of do I need evidence from my local authority (my school was an academy)? It states that 'Certified copies of employment statements, pay slips or employment contracts are not acceptable' but I don't want to send insufficient evidence off and get it delayed or rejected.

Sorry to ask, but if you've don't it recently I wondered what 'original employment statements' you'd submitted for your wife.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, missbell88 said:

Hi, maths teacher currently in process of applying for 189. Completing application for AITSL assessment and they want a 'final transcript' from both my ITT provider and university provider.

To my knowledge UK universities don't provide this. Did anybody apply and succeed without a final transcript?

How many points do you have?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I've got all my ducks in a row now regarding transcripts etc. however could I ask a question about what you deemed was meant by 'original employment statements on official letterhead of the employing authority'  when requesting a skilled employment statement.  How much information did you provide, will a letter from my employers suffice of do I need evidence from my local authority (my school was an academy)? It states that 'Certified copies of employment statements, pay slips or employment contracts are not acceptable' but I don't want to send insufficient evidence off and get it delayed or rejected.
Sorry to ask, but if you've don't it recently I wondered what 'original employment statements' you'd submitted for your wife.

PM’d
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, missbell88 said:

Depends on how the English tests go, 65 if I get 10 and 75 if I get 20. Annoyingly I'm 9 months shy of 8 years skilled employment- grrrrr!

ohh okay, you will have to do ielts and get above 8 for AITSL as well. All the best ? are you planning on applying for regional sponsorship as well?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Emily6789 said:

ohh okay, you will have to do ielts and get above 8 for AITSL as well. All the best ? are you planning on applying for regional sponsorship as well?

Thanks!

Luckily because I've got 4 years at a UK university so I'll be able to send off AITSL before I do my IELTS. I'll get this sent off and book my English test so hopefully the results come through around the same time...

If I can get enough points without probably not, 8s in the test should mean 75 is enough (hopefully!!)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/08/2018 at 06:56, missbell88 said:

X

On 29/08/2018 at 06:46, Emily6789 said:

X

On 29/08/2018 at 05:45, Jsmull87 said:

X

On 29/08/2018 at 00:09, niamhmulk said:

For AITSL documentation, does the supervised teaching practice need to mention the dates and school where the placement was undertaken? Or just the number of days in total and the age group taught ?

No, it just needs to say how many overall days you did and the overall ages covered on your course e.g mine say something like completed 110 says supervised teaching practice with the age range 5-11 years. I’m pretty sure AITSL give the criteria it needs to include so if you just copy that and send in your email to your university.

• Thanks 1

AITSL still give me nightmares and I've lived here 3 years tomorrow! I've read here before that people haven't got transcripts and try to apply without them. Don't you'll be rejected. If you are at an ITT or SCITT currently ask them about your transcript and whether they in partnership with the University provide them. I had to fight for mine as my Uni was reluctant to create one. AITSL won't accept a transcript from a training provider as a University has academic rigour. (Unless this has all changed in three years!)

3 hours ago, benj1980 said:

AITSL still give me nightmares and I've lived here 3 years tomorrow! I've read here before that people haven't got transcripts and try to apply without them. Don't you'll be rejected. If you are at an ITT or SCITT currently ask them about your transcript and whether they in partnership with the University provide them. I had to fight for mine as my Uni was reluctant to create one. AITSL won't accept a transcript from a training provider as a University has academic rigour. (Unless this has all changed in three years!)

Ugh, don't. It's been a nightmare getting my university to agree to create transcripts. I wanted this sent off in early September- still waiting!!! Hopefully next Friday. Eeeek!