How to select the right PR visa

MJones

I've just come back from 5 weeks in Australia for a holiday but also to test how committed we are to the move.  It's very much firmed things up.  However, the more I research PR visas, particularly which one to apply for, the more confused I'm getting.  I want to start this process off well and not fall at the first hurdle.

First see if your occupation is on the list. Then look at the visas you can apply for with that occupation. Best to aim for independent visa 189. But look at points as state sponsored 190 and 489 offer extra points. 

Use the official government site 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/skilledvisas

if you srart there then come back and ask for more specific help. 

It is hard to know what visa you should look at without knowing more about your occupation, age etc. 

Thank you ?

I have read and reread this home affairs site and keep going round in circles.  My concern is that my current job title doesn't reflect that I am a Project Manager.  I have years of experience in this field but not a qualification.

I'm also a Personal Trainer and Rounders coach.  My husband works in Government.

You're right though, I will go back, discount the visas that aren't applicable and see what options are left for us.  

Thank you

Thanks for your response ?

An assessment would be great and would probably help me point me in the right direction.  You are right, and i think because its not clear-cut is causing the confusion.  

Is there a way to directly contact an expert or perhaps another post with a specific title would be preferable?

4 hours ago, MJones said:

Thank you for your directness.  However, we are committed to this and don't want to give in this early so still wish to go through the process.

Regards

Marie

That seems like an illogical attitude.

Consult a migration agent.  Ask them to tell you whether your occupations are on the list of eligible occupations AND whether you have the required qualifications and experience to apply for a visa, AND whether you can get enough points to be eligible.  If the answer to all that is "YES", then by all means apply.

If the answer to any of those questions is "NO" then it is completely pointless to proceed any further.  The rules are the rules and Immigration doesn't care how committed you are, you will be turned down.  

The harsh reality is that the great majority of people who'd like to migrate to Australia, can't, because they're simply not eligible. You may or may not be in that category, but it would make sense to find out before you waste any more time on it.  

Edited by Marisawright

Hi, 

I completely agree wholeheartedly.  When I said 'go through the process' I meant the process of assessment, in order for us to find out what our current situation is and whether to go any further.

I can assure you I am being logical and realistic about all if this and I do have a Migration Expert, but thank you for your time and concern.

Regards

1 hour ago, MJones said:

Hi, 

I completely agree wholeheartedly.  When I said 'go through the process' I meant the process of assessment, in order for us to find out what our current situation is and whether to go any further.

I can assure you I am being logical and realistic about all if this and I do have a Migration Expert, but thank you for your time and concern.

Regards

Just ensure your agent is MARA registered. Good luck!