Qantas extra bag charge

Davo453

Has anyone booked an extra bag Qantas London to Perth 0 stops.

I am trying and failing to work out how much an extra bag would cost of around 20kg, they mention it on the website but never actually give a cost.

If you have a booking number i think you can find out but i'm not booking the flight until I know.

I can phone them but they tent to be cagey about these things.

Dave

5 minutes ago, Davo453 said:

Has anyone booked an extra bag Qantas London to Perth 0 stops.

I am trying and failing to work out how much an extra bag would cost of around 20kg, they mention it on the website but never actually give a cost.

If you have a booking number i think you can find out but i'm not booking the flight until I know.

I can phone them but they tent to be cagey about these things.

Dave

I've found it, if you do a dummy booking it is in there, for a 25kg bag its £825 which is more than the cost of the flight!

Can send via an unaccompanied bag company for £120 and i though that was a lot.... LOL

You live and learn...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davo453 said:

I've found it, if you do a dummy booking it is in there, for a 25kg bag its £825 which is more than the cost of the flight!

Can send via an unaccompanied bag company for £120 and i though that was a lot.... LOL

You live and learn...

Is that all............?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

You could also send a case with PSS and Sevenseas cheaper. 

‘I know @Cerberus1 still brings items over that have been stored with his mum all these years, I think he pays £120 for a 20kg box with Parcel Monkey

33 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

Be careful on the direct flight. The aircraft can only just make it so the weight has to be managed. You are best off booking it in advance to avoid disappointment.

At those prices I wont be doing it. I think we can manage with the single 30kg bag each will just have to buy some stuff when we land. Far more sensible really.

2 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Have you booked the ticket? Some airlines such as Singapore Airlines give you free extra baggage when you're on a migration flight.

How do I go about this? I am also hunting for a long stop in Hong Kong or Singapore  ..anything form 12 hours to 3 days really... just to take in an Asian city as I've never been...

How do I go about this? I am also hunting for a long stop in Hong Kong or Singapore  ..anything form 12 hours to 3 days really... just to take in an Asian city as I've never been...
I did it on my working holiday visa. I emailed them and attached a copy of the grant email. They added a note to the booking and when I checked in there were no issues.

9 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
17 minutes ago, SWMOY04 said:

I did it on my working holiday visa. I emailed them and attached a copy of the grant email. They added a note to the booking and when I checked in there were no issues.

Cheers! will do so

• 2 weeks later...