Can you recommend any books for PTE test?

The Smith Clan

Hi,

Looking to book the PTE test for SEPT/OCT time and need some books to study.

Also have you previously done IELTS and went on to do PTE, I know the main difference (computer based) but are the questions similar, any help appreciated, just failed my IELTS.

Thanks in advance.

Currently awaiting my AASW application and hope to apply for EOI before November, if I can get a pass.

Maria

PTE offer training packages, I can't personally vouch for their effectiveness, but I did buy their scored practise tests.

I think you can get three tests for $35. Well worth it in my opinion to get an idea of what's expected. The format is identical to the real thing. 

My biggest gripe with the PTE exam is that you can be in a room with a dozen other people all sitting the test at the same time, so all speaking away in the background. It can be quite distracting.

• Like 1

My partner done PTE last month, booked again for September. Missed out on Superior English by 1 poxy point!
He said that the ear plugs they provide help to block some of the background noise out [emoji4]
We didn’t buy any books, but from what my partner says, the scored practice tests were very helpful.
Good luck to you The Smith Clan! [emoji4]??

1 hour ago, Ashleightaylor said:

My partner done PTE last month, booked again for September. Missed out on Superior English by 1 poxy point!
He said that the ear plugs they provide help to block some of the background noise out emoji4.png
We didn’t buy any books, but from what my partner says, the scored practice tests were very helpful.
Good luck to you The Smith Clan! emoji4.png??

Best wishes also for the test.

I prefer the test on a computer as it feels less of a formal exam if that makes sense.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2018 at 11:42, The Smith Clan said:

Hi,

Looking to book the PTE test for SEPT/OCT time and need some books to study.

Also have you previously done IELTS and went on to do PTE, I know the main difference (computer based) but are the questions similar, any help appreciated, just failed my IELTS.

Thanks in advance.

Currently awaiting my AASW application and hope to apply for EOI before November, if I can get a pass.

Maria

Hi Maria

I've got my ielts in 2 weeks having failed my speaking by 0.5 Mark getting 8s and above in my other subjects.

I looked at doing the PTE test but it seems more trickier to me so going to have another pop at ielts.

Before you book have a look at some sample questions for PTE and see what you think.

Good luck 

You might find these PTE resources useful

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxSAhiEs5XzvX3lNSnRxc3NWcU0?usp=sharing

Also use this structure for the essay. It might help you. The essays are always about giving opinions. You can give 2 different sides or just 1 in the main body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-u0fHQetQ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lavers said:

Hi Maria

I've got my ielts in 2 weeks having failed my speaking by 0.5 Mark getting 8s and above in my other subjects.

I looked at doing the PTE test but it seems more trickier to me so going to have another pop at ielts.

Before you book have a look at some sample questions for PTE and see what you think.

Good luck 

Thanks, yes i have started looking on their site

Best wishes

2 hours ago, JetBlast said:

You might find these PTE resources useful

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxSAhiEs5XzvX3lNSnRxc3NWcU0?usp=sharing

Also use this structure for the essay. It might help you. The essays are always about giving opinions. You can give 2 different sides or just 1 in the main body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-u0fHQetQ

Many thanks ?

Hello, 

I failed my IELTS too and gave PTE a shot. I prepared for this completely from the below website. They have a Youtube channel too and practice exercises for all kinds of questions. I got 87 overall score which gave me the superior English score.

https://www.e2language.com/

Hope this helps. Be calm for the exam as every second counts and u need to be mentally present for this.

Good Luck!

Edited by SoniaG
Link update
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...