100 points ID check

lewisant48

Can anybody explain this a little better? 

It looks like it would be tough to achieve 100 points from here in the UK before heading to Aus unless you can select multiple types of ID (Passport AND birth certificate) and tenancy agreements and pay slips from your job here are ok? I'm guessing i could attach a copy of my sponsorship contract as proof of income. 

I just don't really get it and it's not really explained that well any where!

Lewis

Beware signing up for a rental without actually viewing it in person, many agents will not allow this anyway. Pictures can be decades old and very misleading, I kid you not. Also unless you know the area well or where you will be working you could face an expensive lease break. 

Try for a short term let to start with. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I agree with Rammygirl.  Signing up for a six month lease without seeing the property is a really, really bad idea.

I agree with you both and upon looking on Air bnb it seems we can probably book a month somewhere with no major extra costs. That way we can view places and do things properly. Cheers for the advice!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/08/2018 at 19:53, lewisant48 said:

I agree with you both and upon looking on Air bnb it seems we can probably book a month somewhere with no major extra costs. That way we can view places and do things properly. Cheers for the advice!

One piece of advice with Air BnB, ask the owners if you're able to use the address for things like bank etc  at the beginning. Chances are they won't mind.