100 points of ID

pgeorge

Hi All,

I just moved to Sydney and realized that I would need the 100 points of ID for most of the important things here. I have my foreign passport (which will fetch me 70 points), and my medicare card and foreign driver's license (which will fetch me another 25 points - only one of these two can be used) and that's it. I have 95 points - I'm falling short by 5 points. What else could I use to open a bank account/NSW driver's license? Can I use TFN?

I'm temporarily living at a relative's house so I don't have rent receipts either. 

Applying for a photo id card is very expensive - $54, so I'm hoping someone suggests a cheaper way out.

Thanks!

Foreign birth certificate

Bank card

Bank statement with your address (you can go to your Aus bank and ask for one over the counter) this is probably the easiest and quickest as you need something with your address on and you won’t have a utilities bill

Edit: Sorry just seen you don’t have a bank account!

Do you have a job offer letter? Or any official gov letter like a visa offer etc

Where was your Medicare card sent to  - do you still have the letter it came stuck on?

Another option is to get a Stat Dec done by your relative you are staying with, saying that is where you are living.  That can then be used as proof of address.

I created my bank account today and they accepted my Medicare letter as address proof. (Medicare, in the first place did not ask for address proof, they only asked me for my passport and visa details and accepted the Australian address I provided them.)

So now I can use my bank statement as address proof. I have my 100 points of ID now ?

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, especially @unzippy

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

This is why most people open a bank account before arriving.

If you wish to be limited to those that allow you to open from overseas.

My partner was with ING already, it made more sense for me to have an acct with them too - except ING don't have the facility to open from abroad.  But it was no bother opening it when I arrived.