Partner Visa Living in the UK and Pregnant.

Hi! 

I am looking for more information, I am married to an Australian citizen with dual citizenship to the U.K and we are planning on moving to Australia. We are due to have our baby in November and would like to get the visa application ball rolling sooner rather than later. Has anyone else done this? We have been married for 2 years had a house together for 4 years and we also have a dog to bring with us. Any Advice or tips we would be very grateful for.

Thanks,

Corrinna

1 hour ago, Corrinnamarie said:

Hi! 

I am looking for more information, I am married to an Australian citizen with dual citizenship to the U.K and we are planning on moving to Australia. We are due to have our baby in November and would like to get the visa application ball rolling sooner rather than later. Has anyone else done this? We have been married for 2 years had a house together for 4 years and we also have a dog to bring with us. Any Advice or tips we would be very grateful for.

Thanks,

Corrinna

The partner migration booklet will give you a lot of info.

check timescales and costs re pet migration as you can't leave that until last minute.

also medical for partner visa can sometimes include an X Ray which you can't do whilst you're pregnant. Maybe speak to a panel doctor so you can find out what's involved.

once baby is born, apply for Aussie citizenship straight away (and its passport) then you don't need to put him/her onto your visa application, as they wont be migrating with you - in the eyes of Immi - as they can travel to Australia as a citizen anyway.

good luck!

• Thanks 1