457 finishing soon.

Hi,

Our 457 is due to expire towards the end of the year.

Our dilemma is that my employer can't support an application to get our PR, as he has had to wind the company up.

This means that iam currently working for an other employer working in a different industry. (I have to support wife and 4 kids)

I have been to an immigration Lawyer to dicuss our options and she said that as my wife and I are both 48 we won't be able to

get PR if we are to get onto another 457. We are desperate for any options or suggestions. Even if we could stay for 1 more year, as our eldest son

will graduate from high school next December.

If I am reading your post right, you are working for an employer who isn't your sponsor? If so, this is a fairly serious breach of your visa conditions, which is likely to be discovered at the ATO is now linked with immigration. That will result in some fairly serious concequences 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

If I am reading your post right, you are working for an employer who isn't your sponsor? If so, this is a fairly serious breach of your visa conditions, which is likely to be discovered at the ATO is now linked with immigration. That will result in some fairly serious concequences 

Doesn't reflect well on the agent they spoke to  surely this should have been pointed out!

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2018 at 15:38, morrisinoz11 said:

Hi,

Our 457 is due to expire towards the end of the year.

Our dilemma is that my employer can't support an application to get our PR, as he has had to wind the company up.

This means that iam currently working for an other employer working in a different industry. (I have to support wife and 4 kids)

This is an issue as it sounds like you are breaching your work limitations.

I have been to an immigration Lawyer to dicuss our options and she said that as my wife and I are both 48 we won't be able to

get PR if we are to get onto another 457.

Depending when your current 457 was applied for, you may fall under transitional arrangements and have until you turn 50 to apply for PR under the subclass 186.

We are desperate for any options or suggestions. Even if we could stay for 1 more year, as our eldest son

will graduate from high school next December.

You could apply for a new 482 visa sponsored by a new employer. There is no age limit on this visa.