Anyone else jealous about not being in the UK at the moment?

Red Rose

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 20:48, bunbury61 said:

disagree Paul .....get the major travel in early ,before you are 50 .

just got back from Italy ...41c in Rome ...42c the day we were in Florence .

glad I have got all my travelling in early .

60 plus, if we are both fit and well ,will probably be mainly in the u.k .

so much to see

WP_20180802_06_37_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20180802_12_12_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20180802_13_15_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20180808_10_27_53_Pro.jpg

Looks lovely but I'm more of a doer than a see'er. I'm 65 this year and lucky enough to still be fit enough to do triathlons, long swims and runs and adventure racing. Love mountain and roadbiking still and have recently slowed down enough to enjoy golf.

That's why I'd prefer the Greek Islands swimming thing. Every day there's something to do and you can choose how hard you push yourself. My wife would love it too. She's not quite as competetive as me but still loves to keep fit and enjoys swimming.

I get bored very quickly if it's just sight seeing, shopping the wife does and I'll go sit in a pub and wait, absolutely hate markets.

Off to see the eldest in whistler, Canada in a few weeks and because he lives there and got to know a few people he's already lined up some mountain bikes, hopefully for free and a few other things for us to do. Looking forward to it.?

16 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

in case you misinterpreted my post .

my travel isn't for weekends at a time .

but I did say ,all of Europe's cities were available for short breaks ,I haven't done them .

I wont be doing any long haul travel in my 70s ,either .

get your travel in early ,with your children if possible .

Sorry that was the impression I had from your posts. My children were lucky to travel lots with us as my husband was an airline captain, so they came to many places with us, not least when we were living in Brunei and travelling around Asia either with us or solo as they got older. Daughter ended up a nomad for quite a while.

Great memories for all our children (that’s everyones children) I still have memories from living in Germany as a child.

5 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Looks lovely but I'm more of a doer than a see'er. I'm 65 this year and lucky enough to still be fit enough to do triathlons, long swims and runs and adventure racing. Love mountain and roadbiking still and have recently slowed down enough to enjoy golf.

That's why I'd prefer the Greek Islands swimming thing. Every day there's something to do and you can choose how hard you push yourself. My wife would love it too. She's not quite as competetive as me but still loves to keep fit and enjoys swimming.

I get bored very quickly if it's just sight seeing, shopping the wife does and I'll go sit in a pub and wait, absolutely hate markets.

Off to see the eldest in whistler, Canada in a few weeks and because he lives there and got to know a few people he's already lined up some mountain bikes, hopefully for free and a few other things for us to do. Looking forward to it.?

have you heard of the trentino team ....the area on the photos is where they train ....in the dolomites ( the Italian side of the alps ) ...the giro d Italia ? ....

northern Italy is the place where Germans ,Austrians ,French travel down for the weekend to do there bike riding .

a lot more to do than sight seeing ...although the sights and lifestyle are enviable .

you like wind surfing ....mountain biking ....swimming in fresh water ( no dangers )....canoeing ...its all there daily on the Italian lakes .

11 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

have you heard of the trentino team ....the area on the photos is where they train ....in the dolomites ( the Italian side of the alps ) ...the giro d Italia ? ....

northern Italy is the place where Germans ,Austrians ,French travel down for the weekend to do there bike riding .

a lot more to do than sight seeing ...although the sights and lifestyle are enviable .

you like wind surfing ....mountain biking ....swimming in fresh water ( no dangers )....canoeing ...its all there daily on the Italian lakes .

Yep I'd love all that stuff Bunbury. My wife wants to go to France next year and catch up with family there instead of us going to the UK. She was most peed off when I asked if she was going to book somewhere I could have a go at one of the tour de france climbs?.

It's all on the doorstep here though and all my own gear with no hire costs. The number of times I'm away and think if only I had my surf ski, road or mountain bike or paddle board.

Stuffs stored down at the surf club so I don't even have to put it on the roof rack. I can leave home and be on the water in 10 minutes.?