Defacto visa

No still haven’t heard anything but did call immigration on Friday they said it will be at least 12 weeks they think it will be around the 31st August before we hear anything! But they also said that if anything was wrong or missing they would of been in touch by now. 

9 hours ago, Cat90 said:

No still haven’t heard anything but did call immigration on Friday they said it will be at least 12 weeks they think it will be around the 31st August before we hear anything! But they also said that if anything was wrong or missing they would of been in touch by now. 

My Daughter apply beginning of March, Fingers crossed we both here soon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Can the visa 309/100 be applied for on shore ? Now my daughter has her RRV and her son is already a Australian as he was born here 3 years ago, they are planning on returning before  Aug 2019.

her partner will also be coming to live here, my question is how will he get past immigration at the airport on a one way ticket. what is the best route for this???

53 minutes ago, Proview220 said:

Hi, Can the visa 309/100 be applied for on shore ? Now my daughter has her RRV and her son is already a Australian as he was born here 3 years ago, they are planning on returning before  Aug 2019.

her partner will also be coming to live here, my question is how will he get past immigration at the airport on a one way ticket. what is the best route for this???

Onshore Partner Visas are 820/801. Same paperwork and requirements, different number. 

22 hours ago, Proview220 said:

I was looking at applying onshore, travelling on a 1 way ticket & the advise I read in here was Dont do IT!!! People are being deported as you are essentially travelling on a visa with ulterior motives.

We have applied from the uk now on 1st August, playing the waiting game! Similar to your situation, my husband has PR but his RRV expires at the end of this month. He applied for a new 1 at the start of september, he has 2 children over there but not lived there for 3 years, just 1 month holiday twice a year. He was granted a 1year RRV on 12th Sept, so happy as he would of had to of gone on his own & left me here with 3 children! We are hoping to move ideally before Christmas but realistically id like January so the children can start the new school year.

• Like 1

On 9 October 2018 at 21:09, Proview220 said:

I wouldn't advise turning up at airport on a one way ticket full stop. It's an immediate red flag for immigration to probe further. 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2018 at 21:09, Proview220 said:

The best and safest option is for him to apply for a partner visa now, and wait in the UK until it is granted.

If he wants to arrive on a tourist visa and then apply for a partner visa once he is onshore, then he needs to be careful.  If he arrives on a one-way ticket, Immigration is likely to question him about his intentions.  If they come to the conclusion that he has arrived with the intention of outstaying his tourist visa, they can  put him straight back on the next plane and he could get a three-year ban.  People do it, but he needs to be conscious that he is taking a risk.

Edited by Marisawright

WRussell has posted that if he's arriving on a tourist visa with the intention to apply for a partner visa, that in and of itself is not a reason for him to be refused entry.  Immigration would need to assess the risk of him overstaying if his partner visa application was refused.  If they don't feel this is a risk (i.e. they are satisfied that he would leave Australia rather than overstay a visa), they should allow him entry.

That doesn't mean there's not a degree of risk of being refused entry anyway.