Ping ponging back

Daybreak13

Yes. Give it a couple of years. Fear of an uncertain future always makes one look back at the good of the then (remember it was bad enough for you to want to leave).  Get yourself an independent place, get a job and then see how it feels. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:01, Daybreak13 said:

Is it to soon to know after 6weeks wether or not you've made a huge mistake leaving Aus.

Do U really ever settle when you go back to Aus. 

To us it feels more like home than the UK.

So confused, distressed.

No because if you go back, the same problems will resurface quickly and just drive you back out again..  8 years in Oz taught us just how good we have it here in UK.  We came home and have never looked back once.   UK is a great place to be.  

How are you finding being back in the UK?

We lived in Perth for 4 years (457 working visa) and moved back to the UK in 2015 as we missed home and felt like we needed sometime with family. it took some getting used to being back, I think the first 8 weeks felt like a holiday but then soon settled back to UK life. I think the reasons for the move can make people miss the place more/less.  

We have days when we miss our old lives in sunny Perth but also enjoying our time in the UK. However, we feel like we need another adventure so we are now looking at moving to Sydney at the end of this year. its funny how people do ping pong between.

I suppose the one thing that makes it easier for me is that we never treat the moves as permanent, when we moved to Perth for 1 year it turned into 4, we moved back to the UK for a few years knowing at some point we would likely move countries again. Moving to Sydney on a sponsored working visa so I know its not permanent unless we want it to be.

Could you move back out if you really wanted? I would give it a few months to see how you get on being back in the UK. its not all bad ?

I hope you are starting to feel more settled.

Hi,

No we haven't  settled and are on a plane back to Perth on the 13th. Really looking forward to going home. We've  tried everything to settle but to no avail and know its been the wrong decision.  We've  been in WA for 11 years and it does feel more like home than being around where we grew up around family and everything we knew. Our son is looking forward to going back to a school that isn't  locked like a jail, where you have the freedom to go to the toilets without having to ask for a special key because they've  all been locked due to vandalism or set fire too, and also hanging  out with his mates at break instead of being in a quad where yuo are watched like hawks so no fights break out.

We are staying with friends till our flight saying see ya soon to our pooch who cannot come till January  due to quarantine shutting down over  Christmas. Looking forward to seing our older son whom we left at Uni and has coped marvelously  without us but is looking forward to being back home with us.

We just have to now find hubby a job , he has plenty of applications  in so hoping for some good news.

Thanks for being there

Xx

30 minutes ago, Daybreak13 said:

Hi,

No we haven't  settled and are on a plane back to Perth on the 13th. Really looking forward to going home. We've  tried everything to settle but to no avail and know its been the wrong decision.  We've  been in WA for 11 years and it does feel more like home than being around where we grew up around family and everything we knew. Our son is looking forward to going back to a school that isn't  locked like a jail, where you have the freedom to go to the toilets without having to ask for a special key because they've  all been locked due to vandalism or set fire too, and also hanging  out with his mates at break instead of being in a quad where yuo are watched like hawks so no fights break out.

We are staying with friends till our flight saying see ya soon to our pooch who cannot come till January  due to quarantine shutting down over  Christmas. Looking forward to seing our older son whom we left at Uni and has coped marvelously  without us but is looking forward to being back home with us.

We just have to now find hubby a job , he has plenty of applications  in so hoping for some good news.

Thanks for being there

Xx

Glad you've been able to make a decision and you're looking forward to it.  We've been here 11 years too.  It sounds like you're all up for it, you'll know what to expect and how to manage any bumps in the road.  Are you returning to the same area?

Fingers crossed on the job front - safe journey xx

Hi, yes we're  going back to the same area, as our son wants to be back with his friends and its a very good school.

I remember talking to you just before we moved Ali, 11 years ago.

The job is the most major thing we have to worry about , so once he gets one we can be settled again.

I do think my hubby needed to do this even though it has for the rest of us been quite traumatic.  xx

So pleased you've made a decision.  I am in the process of trying to get back to w.a. I've been back in the UK 18 years and do love it here but with three children who are scared to death of terrorism and the bullying cultures within schools can't wait for the boring humdrum of perth. Sadly as my children are adopted costing me an arm and a leg to sponsor them. It will be worth it though and I can't wait.  Good luck for your return  xx