How many Dollars do you need to be let in to the country for 3 months on a Tourist Visa?

SheldonMeldrew

Normally, they won't check.   However if you're unlucky and you're picked for a random check, they will want to know you have enough money to support you during your stay.  That doesn't have to be in cash, it could be money in your UK bank (which you can access via ATM), you'd just need evidence of that.

I recall another post where you were proposing to arrive on a one-way ticket. If that's the case, then you'll need to show evidence that you can afford the return ticket as well.  If you're staying with friends, you won't need much, but they will ring the friend for confirmation (or go and get her if she's out waiting for you).  The minute they find out she's your fiancée, they will put two and two together, you'll be deported and possibly face a 3 year ban.  So even if you have no intention of leaving, I'd strongly suggest you buy the return ticket.

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Normally, they won't check.   However if you're unlucky and you're picked for a random check, they will want to know you have enough money to support you during your stay.  That doesn't have to be in cash, it could be money in your UK bank (which you can access via ATM), you'd just need evidence of that.

I recall another post where you were proposing to arrive on a one-way ticket. If that's the case, then you'll need to show evidence that you can afford the return ticket as well.  If you're staying with friends, you won't need much, but they will ring the friend for confirmation (or go and get her if she's out waiting for you).  The minute they find out she's your fiancée, they will put two and two together, you'll be deported and possibly face a 3 year ban.  So even if you have no intention of leaving, I'd strongly suggest you buy the return ticket.

See that all the time on the TV show 'Border Security'.  They even take their mobile phone off them and check all the messages etc.  A return ticket may help.