Rentals or Houses for Sale WA - Not an Agent!!!

Guest DemiK

Guest DemiK

Hi all you ppl coming to WA !!

I have a few friends who have homes in the North and South Suburbs on rental or buying basis...

I am not an agent and therefore the above will be agents commissions free...

If you are interested please email me at nickdemi@gmail.com...

We are expats in Perth who have been here for a while and will put you in touch with the right ppl, whatever your queries are

DemiK

Guest mackemsok

Hi Demik,

We are planning to come over end of June 09. We will need 3 bed house to rent for 6 months whilst we look for some land to build on. We prefer to build rather than buy and I have been doing me homework and there are loads of builders who can build for around $130,000 with land being around $200,000 - am I right?

What are your friends rental properties per week and do they allow pets?

Thanks for you help

Sharon

Guest DemiK
Hi Demik,

We are planning to come over end of June 09. We will need 3 bed house to rent for 6 months whilst we look for some land to build on. We prefer to build rather than buy and I have been doing me homework and there are loads of builders who can build for around $130,000 with land being around $200,000 - am I right?

Thanks for you help

Sharon

There is a house with 4 bedrooms but the house is not large, it is about 200sq metres and in the Butler region, the address is 5 Brohard Street, Butler, WA, 6030 (view online at Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com) the rental per week is $480. You could buy a property for no less than about $250,000 and building costs always excludes finishes (painter, plumber, electrician, carpenter, tiler, blinds/carpets, garden etc.) Should you wish to rent when you do arrive we offer airport pick-up and starter pack with a day to familiarise you with your surroundings.

Thank you

DemiK

Guest mackemsok

Thanks for that - we will bare you in mind, all help is appreciated. This is such a daunting move - but exiting at the same time. This house sounds fine - but as we are not coming over till next June we will have to see if it is still vacant at that time.

Cheers - Sharon

Guest DemiK
There is a house with 4 bedrooms but the house is not large, it is about 200sq metres and in the Butler region, the address is 5 Brohard Street, Butler, WA, 6030 (view online at Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com) the rental per week is $480. You could buy a property for no less than about $250,000 and building costs always excludes finishes (painter, plumber, electrician, carpenter, tiler, blinds/carpets, garden etc.) Should you wish to rent when you do arrive we offer airport pick-up and starter pack with a day to familiarise you with your surroundings.

Thank you

DemiK

Let me know in Jan 2009, will give you an update... you have my email address... good luck

Guest sweetpea0701

Hi There

We are arriving in Perth on November 12th.

Looking for house, 4 x 2, with AC , Pool if possible in Spearwood (new), 6163 or Coogee. Also willing to look @ Beeliar, & Munster.

Looking to rent, for 6-12mths, but if the right one could be ongoing for @ least 3 yrs.

Willing to pay deposits etc.. immediately for the right property.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Sweetpea

Guest SunnyWA

Hi Demik

Are you doimng this as a business? $480.00 per week seems quite expensive for a house in Butler ? Is that unfurnished or furnished? and Does it have Aircon and a pool?

Thanks

Sunny

Guest DemiK
Hi Demik

Are you doimng this as a business? $480.00 per week seems quite expensive for a house in Butler ? Is that unfurnished or furnished? and Does it have Aircon and a pool?

Thanks

Sunny

No, not doing it as a business! A couple of friends of mine as I mentioned no agents fees and no catch so there is nothing in it for me... $450-$480per week gives you a 300sqm home with aircon/heat, porcelain tiles, built-in cupboards (which they dont do here usually) theatre room, living room, dining room, study area, chefs kitchen including an oven with pantry, linen closet, laundry room, main bedroom is en-suite with spa bath shower and toilet, three other b/r have large bathroom too, double garage, cosy garden with reticulation, with el-fresco area for bbq-ing....

Most homes in Butler are 3x2 without built in cupboards and no aircon/heat or a chefs kitchen or reticulation etc - So one has to compare apples to apples. There are 4 homes available in Canningvale too.

Guest Pinhead

If you are buying or renting you don't pay commissions, the seller or lessor pays them.

Give the guy a break he's obviously just trying to help out some friends.

Guest DemiK

Thanks Pinhead,

I myself am an expat from South Africa and did have friends helping me out when I came here. Unfortunately you get ppl that come and dont know anyone and that is quite daunting!!!

Guest shez

Hi

We are hoping to come to perth in 6 weeks or so and would need a rental for when we arrive. Hubby will be working in Henderson so need something within commuting distance, preferably neer the beach with a pool. Do you think you may be able to help out.

Thanks

Hi

We are hoping to come to perth in 6 weeks or so and would need a rental for when we arrive. Hubby will be working in Henderson so need something within commuting distance, preferably neer the beach with a pool. Do you think you may be able to help out.

Thanks

Hi

You will need a shoet term furnished let there are sites that do them we used holidaylettings.co.uk. To rent in oz you have to physically view the place at a viewing usually 30 mins and every interested party goes you give your details and the leassor picks. If you get a short term hol let you can then get a reference off the landlord and an aussie reference is worth 100 uk refs . Not much beach near hendo , Coogee is nice but expensive hope this can help

Malx

Guest dougie32
Hi Demik,

Thanks for you help

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I have just joined poms in oz and noticed your thread. We are in the same boat, we are hoping to move to Perth next June also. I was hoping you could help me on any advice you could pass on regarding areas to live or land to buy. We will be a family of 6 when we arrive. Cheers joe

Hi Sharon, I have just joined poms in oz and noticed your thread. We are in the same boat, we are hoping to move to Perth next June also. I was hoping you could help me on any advice you could pass on regarding areas to live or land to buy. We will be a family of 6 when we arrive. Cheers joe

Hi

Land sales generally start about $200000 for 300 sq metre blocks they are called cottage blocks as you det a 3 or 4 x2 and a small alfresco area (garden). Look on real estate ,com. Areas near to the coast command dearer price s near us we are renting at Smerly nor, at Burns beach a new developement a 500 to 500 block at the top end the most inland about 700 yards the prices are about $500000 + blocks next to the coast on the same dev are $1 million + . Perth news online a bit on Dalyellup in the south west 200 metre blocks were being sold for 170 + Depends where you want to be but I guess you prob be looking at 280 300 k for a plot in most areas

Malx

aka Billy !M

Guest dougie32

thanks for your help, it looks like we will be heading south , hopefully be able to sell our house by then but its not looking good in the current climate, i will look on real estate as advised cheers joe

Guest mackemsok

Hi Joe

Nice to hear from you - where are you from in the UK?

We are looking at Rockingham mainly because we have a friend who lives there and she loves it.

We have another friend who has a property in Wannaup (not sure if the spelling is right) and he had his house built - it only cost him $350,000 for the land and the house, however the house prices have gone up loads since then. He has kindly offered this house to us for a rekki - which we hope to do next April (although me an my hubby are argueing about this already!).

We have never been to Oz which friends and family find bizzare that we want to live there - but we are sick of this Country taxes / crime / standard of living ........ the list is quite long. I have not got rose tinted glasses and fully understand Oz is far from paradise - but what attracts us is the outdoors lifestyle and the standard of life that we can achieve out there.

Schools are very important as our youngest is 12 and we need to get her settled into a good school. We have looked at some private schools - we are not flash - but the cost of the private education is much cheaper than here in the UK (around £2,500 per year against similar fees per term here).

We are posting our TRA at the end of this week and the application form for the school we have chosen (waiting lists are long at this school) so it all will seem more real. We are also putting our house up for sale NOW, after reading some of the horror stories of people on here who can't sell - we decided to sell now and rent for 3 reasons, we will save around £600 per month by renting against mortgage / property market is crappy and I feel it will get worse and I dont want to be stuck here / I will have the equity in the bank sooner.

Sorry to bleet on - just felt the need to tell someone where I am at

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on

Regards

Sharon

Guest mackemsok
Hi

Land sales generally start about $200000 for 300 sq metre blocks they are called cottage blocks as you det a 3 or 4 x2 and a small alfresco area (garden). Look on real estate ,com. Areas near to the coast command dearer price s near us we are renting at Smerly nor, at Burns beach a new developement a 500 to 500 block at the top end the most inland about 700 yards the prices are about $500000 + blocks next to the coast on the same dev are $1 million + . Perth news online a bit on Dalyellup in the south west 200 metre blocks were being sold for 170 + Depends where you want to be but I guess you prob be looking at 280 300 k for a plot in most areas

Malx

aka Billy !M

Thanks Malx

All research is good - I am so exited about the property i think we are going to get one built or at least a brand new built house.

Wish i could fast forward my life 10 months............

I am so impatient

Sharon

Hi all you ppl coming to WA !!

I have a few friends who have homes in the North and South Suburbs on rental or buying basis...

I am not an agent and therefore the above will be agents commissions free...

If you are interested please email me at nickdemi@gmail.com...

We are expats in Perth who have been here for a while and will put you in touch with the right ppl, whatever your queries are

DemiK

Thank you for posting help. We are moving to Perth in March 2009 and would love to rent somewhere unfurnished straight away as we will have our chocolate labrador dog with us and I guess renting furnished with an animal is even more difficult, hopefully organise shipping to arrive in Perth at the same time as we do. Please can I get in touch with you nearer the time and see if you have anything available. We are going to activate our visas hopefully in November so maybe could meet up with you. So scared I am going to be lonely with 2 year old, and would love to make friends before we go. Looking at Kinross, Butler, anywhere north of Perth really. Thank you again, Amanda

Guest LuckyLuciano

IF ANY ONE IS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING RENTING A HOUSE OF THIS GUY YOU MUST BE CRAZY. $480 TO LIVE IN BUTLER IS A SERIOUS RIP OFF, MORE LIKE $325 TO $375 MAXIMUM. THE MONEY HE IS ASKING FOR IS MORE ADECUATE FOR BURNS BEACH . BELIEVE ME, HE ISNT DOING ANYONE A FAVOUR APPART FROM HIS MATE AND HIMSELF WITH THE $100 A WEEK THAT HE WILL RECEIVE IN COMMISSION. DemiK DONT PRETEND YOURE HELPING PEOPLE WHEN REALLY YOURE RIPPING THEM OFF . WHAT A JOKER.:idea: NICE IDEA BUT I HOPE THEY CAN SEE YOU COMING

IF ANY ONE IS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING RENTING A HOUSE OF THIS GUY YOU MUST BE CRAZY. $480 TO LIVE IN BUTLER IS A SERIOUS RIP OFF, MORE LIKE $325 TO $375 MAXIMUM. THE MONEY HE IS ASKING FOR IS MORE ADECUATE FOR BURNS BEACH . BELIEVE ME, HE ISNT DOING ANYONE A FAVOUR APPART FROM HIS MATE AND HIMSELF WITH THE $100 A WEEK THAT HE WILL RECEIVE IN COMMISSION. DemiK DONT PRETEND YOURE HELPING PEOPLE WHEN REALLY YOURE RIPPING THEM OFF . WHAT A JOKER.:idea: NICE IDEA BUT I HOPE THEY CAN SEE YOU COMING

Spot on mate Think the guys subletting I was going to say but I end up gettin my hands slapped. We are payin $360 in Somerly only beacos we have a dog and jumped at the let , the agent rang me to say as we are good tenants blah blah the owner would sell it to us at a discount $380 k when my ribs finally stopped aching from laughing told him to FIFO

Malx

Guest LuckyLuciano

Can t stand people trying to take advantage. Ive only joined up to this site so i could post a reply to DemiK ,lol,what a caracter.By the way im from LEEDS been here now for 19 months ,wow its been 19 months ,feels like i landed yesterday ,hope the rest of my life doesnt pass me by as quick as these 19 months have.

Guest Andy Pye

Good morning,

We are looking to come over in May/June 09, I have a sponsored visa with a company in Victoria Perth, been trying to get info on rentals and finding it a bit hard, just fell across this site and getting more info. Could you recommend a good area near my place of work to live we have a child of 9. This is one issue that could make or break us I think, good to see someone trying to help other out.

Regards

Andy

Guest g&m/orritts

hi arriving perth 18 august there are five of us me, my husband and 3 kids. we are looking for short term accomadation until we find an area we like which might be the short term house if its right for us and garys work then we would be long term. any help would be great thanks mandy. need to sort something by the end of this week so that i can confirm flights . hope you can help thank you.

Archived