Parent Visa AOS Increased By 50%

In new legislation released today, link here www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00425/Download it was announced that the Assurance of Support for Contributory Parent visa applications will increase by 50% from 1 April 2019. This will take the AOS payment for a main applicant to AUD 15,000 and the secondary applicant's payment to AUD 6,000. There are also increases to the income requirement for assurers, effective immediately.

Edited by Lisa De Leon

On 4/5/2018 at 18:48, Lisa De Leon said:

There are also increases to the income requirement for assurers, effective immediately.

I wonder whether the increased income requirement will lead to a reduction in the number of applicants for 173/143 visas ...  or whether people will just start using companies to be the assurer, to bypass the income requirements (but lodge an increased bond).

1 hour ago, SIMHAR said:

so it means if someone (who has lodged his parents file back in June 2015)  not fullfill income requirement he won't be able to get his parents visa ....am I right ? 

You have to have Aos applied for/approval/acceptance  before 1/4/18  if not new income rules apply 

up to 3 people can assure your parents. Do not have to be relatives etc

The increase in the income requirements affects all who have not lodged the application for the AoS with Centrelink before 1 April 2018.

The person who gives the AoS is now required to demonstrate a minimum income for the current financial year and the two previous financial years.

How long will centerlink allow us to provide evidence for income?

for example, my income in F16, F17 aren’t sufficient based on a new rules. If i received a request for AOS in F18, can they wait 2 years as i can prove my income for F18, F19 and F20 enough to meet new income requirements?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Hayles said:

Hi we are almost three years into our 143 visa. Once you are allocated a caseworker, how soon do you have to pay the assurance of support? 

Go onto the parent visa thread page below

you can read peoples signature timelines

it gives you their timeline of visa from start to end etc 

eg  when they started Aos and when they paid bond etc

Edited by Kathss56