Vacuum packed bags- to use or not to use?

Castling

We are about to have all our worldly possessions shipped over to Perth [emoji51] and for some reason have LOADS of vacuum pack bags. We have had mixed messages about whether to use them or not. One removal company said yes the other said no- you could get mould due to items sweating inside the plastic.

What did anyone else do? Anyone had experience or advice about this? Just thinking it could save us money with the space!!

TIA [emoji846]

We used them in our container and my son used them in his move cube.  No issues at all.  Just make sure anything in there is clean very dry and well aired, especially duvets.

you can get mould on anything if their is moisture in the container as they travel through tropical areas.  In fact my son put his classical guitar in one (but did not shrink it down) to protect it from moisture on the journey.  He did this on advice from other people who shipped musical instruments.  It arrived safe and well!

I agree with rammygirl. Moisture is the killer, remove or minimise the moisture when packing and you will be fine. The temperature inside the container could quite possibly reach over 50 degree Celsius along the journey and any moisture in the bags will 'sweat'. If you can get some of those silica gel packets that would also help, but overall its about making sure you pack the vacuum bags in a dry environment and making sure the contents are dry.