489 Family Sponsored

CVS

Sorry, yes still 60 BUT as mentioned even with 189 visas people with 60 points are not getting invited as they remain at the bottom of the list whilst later applicants with 75 points get invited before them. Family sponsored is usually slower than this so.....

Is this your only visa option?  If so then have you taken English exam to help boost your points?

6 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Sorry, yes still 60 BUT as mentioned even with 189 visas people with 60 points are not getting invited as they remain at the bottom of the list whilst later applicants with 75 points get invited before them. Family sponsored is usually slower than this so.....

Is this your only visa option?  If so then have you taken English exam to help boost your points?

Thanks but that's including max English points  :-(

2 minutes ago, Cerberus1 said:

The last time invitations were issued for 489 @ 60 points was the 04th Oct invitation round. Since Nov, 80 or 85 points has been required to get an invite.

image.png

Thanks for the info, even if it is depressing! Hopefully it'll go back down again!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CVS said:

Thanks for the info, even if it is depressing! Hopefully it'll go back down again!

I would definitely consider another path if your considering waiting. Keep in mind that people with 60 points who have been waiting since last July until now will still be invited before you. Plus everyone else with 60 points plus will always come first even if they submit after you. The number of people waiting is likely to be in the 10s of thousands by now. The way things are at the moment you could be waiting up to 18 months just for an invitation minimum. I would consult an agent for more options you may have. I was originally waiting for a 189 invitation from July to Feb with 60 points with no hope in sight. I rethought my visa options last month and have already been invited and full application submitted still with only 60 points....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, woody2709 said:

I would definitely consider another path if your considering waiting. Keep in mind that people with 60 points who have been waiting since last July until now will still be invited before you. Plus everyone else with 60 points plus will always come first even if they submit after you. The number of people waiting is likely to be in the 10s of thousands by now. The way things are at the moment you could be waiting up to 18 months just for an invitation minimum. I would consult an agent for more options you may have. I was originally waiting for a 189 invitation from July to Feb with 60 points with no hope in sight. I rethought my visa options last month and have already been invited and full application submitted still with only 60 points....

May I ask which visa you've gone with?  We can't scrape any more points! TIA

This is a similar position to me- I am maxed out on 60 points and would ideally liked to have gone on a 489 family sponsored visa. This is to join my sister who would be sponsoring me from Queensland. 

Because of the wait for 60 points, I am now looking at the state sponsorship option however this means NSW and not QLD. But as long as it is an option, I am happy to go with it. I am awaiting my skills assessment (which is such a long process- 20-25 weeks) and hope nothing changes drastically before I can lodge an EOI and fingers crossed be invited to apply for a visa. 

It's looking unlikely that the current wait for 60 point 189s and then 489s will change anytime soon.....good luck whatever you decide. 

4 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

This is a similar position to me- I am maxed out on 60 points and would ideally liked to have gone on a 489 family sponsored visa. This is to join my sister who would be sponsoring me from Queensland. 

Because of the wait for 60 points, I am now looking at the state sponsorship option however this means NSW and not QLD. But as long as it is an option, I am happy to go with it. I am awaiting my skills assessment (which is such a long process- 20-25 weeks) and hope nothing changes drastically before I can lodge an EOI and fingers crossed be invited to apply for a visa. 

It's looking unlikely that the current wait for 60 point 189s and then 489s will change anytime soon.....good luck whatever you decide. 

Best of luck to you too, let me know how you get on. How come your skills assessment takes so long? We were told 8 weeks for ACS...

It

1 minute ago, CVS said:

Best of luck to you too, let me know how you get on. How come your skills assessment takes so long? We were told 8 weeks for ACS...

Thanks very much- you too.

My skills assessment is being done by AASW (social worker)- seems to be one of the longest skills assessment processes going. I submitted it in November 17 so counting each week that goes by.....seems that every step of this process is designed to test the patience of a saint! 

• Sad 1

I would be careful applying for nsw state sponsorship. You have to make a very strong case why you want to live in nsw compared to any other state and also be able to prove it. You will have to declare in your application about your family already in QLD, and I've seen many nominations declined because the department had beliefs that they were only using that state to get to another... Your case to live in NSW would have to make them believe that's where you want to be, more than seeing your sister.

Thank you. 

To be honest I have done a lot more research on NSW since I posted this- including taking a trip to some of the suitable areas when we visited my sister last. We think NSW is lovely and will be more than happy to make it our home- we have looked into domestic flights to see July sister and her family regularly and are more than happy with our options. 

Thanks for the heads up though and I will bear this in mind when applying. 

Best wishes 

11 hours ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Thank you. 

To be honest I have done a lot more research on NSW since I posted this- including taking a trip to some of the suitable areas when we visited my sister last. We think NSW is lovely and will be more than happy to make it our home- we have looked into domestic flights to see July sister and her family regularly and are more than happy with our options. 

I assume you're looking at places like Ballina, Armidale, Tweed Heads, maybe even Coffs Harbour?   

12 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I assume you're looking at places like Ballina, Armidale, Tweed Heads, maybe even Coffs Harbour?   

No- my occupation is not listed for sponsorship on the central coast- we were looking initially at Tamworth (Northern Inland) but were drawn more to the far south coast. Nowra, Berry, Batemans Bay- those sorts of areas. 

But we did go to the central coast on our travels, to some of those places you mentioned and they were absolutely stunning! 

2 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

No- my occupation is not listed for sponsorship on the central coast- we were looking initially at Tamworth (Northern Inland) but were drawn more to the far south coast. Nowra, Berry, Batemans Bay- those sorts of areas. 

But we did go to the central coast on our travels, to some of those places you mentioned and they were absolutely stunning! 

Berry is nice but very expensive to buy a place there now.  Bateman's is OK but I'd give Nowra a miss.  I just didn't like the place at all.

9 hours ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Those places are north coast, not central coast.  I was thinking you'd find it easier to convince immigration if you were able to settle close to the Queensland border, within easy visiting distance of your relatives.  It would be a more believable choice ("we want to be close to family but prefer the less humid climate on the mid-north coast").     There are more jobs on the north coast than the far south.

Ah, I see. 

Thanks for pointing out the geography (still haven’t quite got my head around it all yet!) 

You make some really good points and actually given we have come round to the idea of NSW over QLD for a number of reasons,  I can see the merit in having some of these ready to outline to support our application. 

Thanks for the heads up re employment too. 

9 hours ago, Toots said:

Berry is nice but very expensive to buy a place there now.  Bateman's is OK but I'd give Nowra a miss.  I just didn't like the place at all.

Thanks Toots- Berry is my favourite of these. I think north Nowra is supposed to be ok? But like you say- maybe it’s subjective and down to a personal preference. 

1 hour ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Thanks Toots- Berry is my favourite of these. I think north Nowra is supposed to be ok? But like you say- maybe it’s subjective and down to a personal preference. 

Yes north Nowra is far more pleasant.   I just got the feeling that unemployment is a problem in Nowra with a fair few rough looking people roaming around.

On 27/02/2018 at 08:19, Cerberus1 said:

The last time invitations were issued for 489 @ 60 points was the 04th Oct invitation round. Since Nov, 80 or 85 points has been required to get an invite.

image.png

Points remianed the same for the latest invitation round (21st Feb) Minimum of 80 points for the 489 and 780 points for the 189.