Jump to content
Guest Cristina

189/190 Visas from Nov-Dec 2017

Recommended Posts

Guest Cristina
6 hours ago, Ronco88 said:

HI cristina,

I would lile to ask a question.did u or your agent made the Form 80 when you sent your application? Becaise my agejt at the timw said it wasnt necessary.

 

Thanks 

Hi @Ronco88,

We did submit form 80 since our agent requested us to do so. It seems that, although form 80 is not a compulsory requirement, it is commonly requested by COs if it hasn't been submitted. I have read in forums of many cases where they had been contacted by the CO with a request for form 80. I have also heard of other cases where it wasn't submitted and it wasn't requested by the CO. I guess it's just luck, but I would rather not take the risk with something as easy to provide as form 80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
4 hours ago, Bran said:

@Ronco88

We didn’t submit form 80 either, and were not asked for it when medicals and police checks were requested

Hi @Bran,

Would you mind sharing your timelines (i.e. lodgement date and CO contact date)?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
1 hour ago, DeSab said:
On 22/02/2018 at 14:28, Cristina said:
I think in that case you might be in the queue with the November cases. I think if you submit further information after the case has already been picked up by a CO officer it goes back in the queue, which means another 3-4 months. You should get your grant very soon I think since they are granting a lot of November applications these days. Good luck!

Hi Cristina our status is "Assesement In Progress" what does that mean?

Hi @DeSab,

I think that means that your case has already been picked up by a CO, who will currently be reviewing it. The time frames for the assessment depend on how complete the application is and on how complex it is too. Were you contacted by a CO at all or you haven't received any comms at all since you lodged in September?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi [mention=264063]DeSab[/mention],
I think that means that your case has already been picked up by a CO, who will currently be reviewing it. The time frames for the assessment depend on how complete the application is and on how complex it is too. Were you contacted by a CO at all or you haven't received any comms at all since you lodged in September?
We were contacted to do the medical test only through an agent. We have ask our agent to give us update that is when they said "assesment in progress".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
23 minutes ago, DeSab said:
41 minutes ago, Cristina said:
Hi [mention=264063]DeSab[/mention],
I think that means that your case has already been picked up by a CO, who will currently be reviewing it. The time frames for the assessment depend on how complete the application is and on how complex it is too. Were you contacted by a CO at all or you haven't received any comms at all since you lodged in September?

We were contacted to do the medical test only through an agent. We have ask our agent to give us update that is when they said "assesment in progress".

I think that is a generic status on your visa application page that means that the case has been picked up by a CO. Before it's picked up it reads 'submitted' or something similar (not entirely sure of the wording since we also lodged via an agent so we haven't got access to our online visa application). What I don't know is if it goes back from 'in progress' to 'submitted' during the periods of queuing between the request of info by the CO and when the CO re-takes the case after the info has been provided.

The trend is that the wait is between 3 and 4 months after a CO has contacted you requesting info but it always depends on how complex the application is too (and how many background checks they need to do with different authorities from different countries - some are quicker than others). From your case, you mentioned the medicals were done in Nov so the estimate would be a grant in Feb-Mar unless they need further documentation, in which case they would contact you back in Feb-Mar for this and you would have to wait another 3-4 months. But again, everything is just estimates based on other cases since they don't give you much information about time frames. It is frustrating and they should be better at providing info and updates but I am afraid it is what it is!

Hope your grant comes soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi [mention=265279]Bran[/mention],
Would you mind sharing your timelines (i.e. lodgement date and CO contact date)?
Thanks!


Lodged 17 Nov, CO contact requesting medicals and police checks 06 Feb. Both uploaded 15 Feb. Now the wait begins again!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cristina said:

Hi @Ronco88,

We did submit form 80 since our agent requested us to do so. It seems that, although form 80 is not a compulsory requirement, it is commonly requested by COs if it hasn't been submitted. I have read in forums of many cases where they had been contacted by the CO with a request for form 80. I have also heard of other cases where it wasn't submitted and it wasn't requested by the CO. I guess it's just luck, but I would rather not take the risk with something as easy to provide as form 80.

Hi @Cristina 

I hope so as I asked few times to my agent about this form80..I really hope otherwise there will be anothe 4months on the top;(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/02/2018 at 00:47, Ronco88 said:

Hi

Just read tgis from another forum

 
ANZSCO - 261312 (Developer)
189- 65 Points (Age-25, Degree- 15, Exp-15, English-10)
190- 70 Point (NSW-VIC)
IELTS (L 9 R 8.5 S 7 W 7.5)
22/06/2017 : EOI 189/
24/06/2017 : 190 NSW Withdrawn
Victoria Pre-Invite - 04-08-2017
NSW logged again - 06/10/2017 , Pre Invite - 20/10/2017
30/06/2017 : 190 VIC
Invited Victoria : 31-10-2017
Visa Application Logged : 13 Dec 2017
CO Contact : 12 - Feb - 2018 - Med (for new born)
Med Done on 16 - Feb - 2018
EV - No , Direct Grant Date - 01-03-2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
On 01/03/2018 at 22:15, Ronco88 said:

Just read tgis from another forum

 
ANZSCO - 261312 (Developer)
189- 65 Points (Age-25, Degree- 15, Exp-15, English-10)
190- 70 Point (NSW-VIC)
IELTS (L 9 R 8.5 S 7 W 7.5)
22/06/2017 : EOI 189/
24/06/2017 : 190 NSW Withdrawn
Victoria Pre-Invite - 04-08-2017
NSW logged again - 06/10/2017 , Pre Invite - 20/10/2017
30/06/2017 : 190 VIC
Invited Victoria : 31-10-2017
Visa Application Logged : 13 Dec 2017
CO Contact : 12 - Feb - 2018 - Med (for new born)
Med Done on 16 - Feb - 2018
EV - No , Direct Grant Date - 01-03-2018

Hi,

I think the above is for a 190 visa. They seem to be quicker for 190 visas these days. It's been almost 2 weeks with no grants for newer 189 visas (the latest I have seen is a 26th Nov one, which was granted a couple of weeks back). They seem to be focusing on Sep-Oct visas that got CO contact at some point.

Anybody with lodgement date from Dec-17 got contacted or grant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/03/2018 at 03:52, Cristina said:

Hi,

I think the above is for a 190 visa. They seem to be quicker for 190 visas these days. It's been almost 2 weeks with no grants for newer 189 visas (the latest I have seen is a 26th Nov one, which was granted a couple of weeks back). They seem to be focusing on Sep-Oct visas that got CO contact at some point.

Anybody with lodgement date from Dec-17 got contacted or grant?

We got 189 application in on 6 Dec, tomorrow we hitting 90 days waiting and haven't heard anything yet.

Hoping to hear something by the end of the month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
17 hours ago, lothar said:

We got 189 application in on 6 Dec, tomorrow we hitting 90 days waiting and haven't heard anything yet.

Hoping to hear something by the end of the month.

Good luck @lothar! Please keep us posted so that we can keep track on the application dates they are currently handling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2018 at 12:42, Cristina said:

@lbooth what do you mean it's an updated requirement? Did the CO tell you this? As far as I am aware you only need to provide police checks for the countries where you have lived for 1 year or more so that is very odd!

Now I am concerned myself since I lived in Italy for 5 months but didn't submit police checks as my migration agent didn't consider them necessary.

Also, how did they know your partner had lived in Oz if you hadn't submitted form 80 (which is where this info is normally provided)? Did you claim points for Aus study or work? Maybe they got confused with how long he lived there for?

 

Unfortunately, CO contact usually means another 3-4 months of wait :( I think you pretty much go back to the queue, no matter how quickly you provide the info requested. Quite unfair...

Hi Cristina

Sorry for delayed reply. 

No the CO didnt tell us (and the paperwork they sent through even said it should only be for 12 months or more) but I asked on one of the forums if I should challenge it/if anyone else had experienced the same and got a reply from someone who was phoned by the CO to request it and they said its a new requirement. I'm not sure its fair if their docs dont say that but since it was relatively quick/easy/cheap to get I figured it was just easier to go with it!

No we didn't submit any points for Aus study or work so not sure why they thought he'd been there unless they checked his passport because we had a tourist visa.

That is a really unfair system...  :'(

 


EA Skills Assessment Lodged 3/8/17 Approved 18/8/17 (Fast Track), IELTS sat 19/8/17 PASSED L9, R8.5, W8.5, S9 overall 9 !! :) EOI submitted 10/9/17. Invitation received 21/9/17. Application submitted 5/11/17. Medicals and Police Certs added 15/1/18. CO contacted 27/1/18. Additional info provided 7/2/18. VISA APPROVAL 24/4/18. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2018 at 12:21, Cristina said:

I think that is a generic status on your visa application page that means that the case has been picked up by a CO. Before it's picked up it reads 'submitted' or something similar (not entirely sure of the wording since we also lodged via an agent so we haven't got access to our online visa application). What I don't know is if it goes back from 'in progress' to 'submitted' during the periods of queuing between the request of info by the CO and when the CO re-takes the case after the info has been provided.

@DeSab We lodged directly.  The case status is "submitted" when you first enter the information. "In progress" once a CO has picked it up. "Awaiting information" if they contact you to ask for something and then back to "in progress" once you submit the extra info. 


EA Skills Assessment Lodged 3/8/17 Approved 18/8/17 (Fast Track), IELTS sat 19/8/17 PASSED L9, R8.5, W8.5, S9 overall 9 !! :) EOI submitted 10/9/17. Invitation received 21/9/17. Application submitted 5/11/17. Medicals and Police Certs added 15/1/18. CO contacted 27/1/18. Additional info provided 7/2/18. VISA APPROVAL 24/4/18. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
5 minutes ago, lbooth said:

Hi Cristina

Sorry for delayed reply. 

No the CO didnt tell us (and the paperwork they sent through even said it should only be for 12 months or more) but I asked on one of the forums if I should challenge it/if anyone else had experienced the same and got a reply from someone who was phoned by the CO to request it and they said its a new requirement. I'm not sure its fair if their docs dont say that but since it was relatively quick/easy/cheap to get I figured it was just easier to go with it!

No we didn't submit any points for Aus study or work so not sure why they thought he'd been there unless they checked his passport because we had a tourist visa.

That is a really unfair system...  :'(

 

Thank you for your reply @lbooth. I queried my migration agent about this after I read your comment. His response was that the requirements haven't changed. However, it is always down to the discretion of the CO to request further documents/info if he/she deems it necessary. This means they can virtually ask for whatever they want. The "rules" are just guidelines that are usually followed. But a CO can have any additional request if they think is needed. However, I think in some cases certain requests lack of common sense, like in your case. But I am afraid there is nothing we can do about this.

I have recently heard of other cases with unusual requests about police checks and other documents so you're not alone. I am afraid the COs are getting very picky and I suspect this has something to do with the fact that the new Australian government is pushing to cut down immigration numbers and make it harder, especially for permanent residency visas. It is just the general trend, I think :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2018 at 01:34, Cristina said:

Thank you for your reply @lbooth. I queried my migration agent about this after I read your comment. His response was that the requirements haven't changed. However, it is always down to the discretion of the CO to request further documents/info if he/she deems it necessary. This means they can virtually ask for whatever they want. The "rules" are just guidelines that are usually followed. But a CO can have any additional request if they think is needed. However, I think in some cases certain requests lack of common sense, like in your case. But I am afraid there is nothing we can do about this.

I have recently heard of other cases with unusual requests about police checks and other documents so you're not alone. I am afraid the COs are getting very picky and I suspect this has something to do with the fact that the new Australian government is pushing to cut down immigration numbers and make it harder, especially for permanent residency visas. It is just the general trend, I think :(

Another  guy from a forum:

 

I got a gold e-mail - DIRECT grant today!!!. No contact from officer. :-) :-)
Occupation: 261312 (Developer Programmer) EOI: 16-06-2017 (with 10 points for English, 65 + 5 points) NSW invitation: 17-Nov-2017 NSW nomination approved: 12-Dec-2017 190 Visa lodged: 21-Dec-2017 Grant: 15-03-2018

gettimg closer??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
5 hours ago, Ronco88 said:

Another  guy from a forum:

 

I got a gold e-mail - DIRECT grant today!!!. No contact from officer. :-) :-)
Occupation: 261312 (Developer Programmer) EOI: 16-06-2017 (with 10 points for English, 65 + 5 points) NSW invitation: 17-Nov-2017 NSW nomination approved: 12-Dec-2017 190 Visa lodged: 21-Dec-2017 Grant: 15-03-2018

gettimg closer??

190 visas are ahead of 189 visas. It seems they are giving 190 ones priority over the 189 ones. In fact, 190 visa tracking keeps moving forward while 189 visa tracking is stuck on the 26th November 2017 and hasn't moved for almost a month! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cristina said:

190 visas are ahead of 189 visas. It seems they are giving 190 ones priority over the 189 ones. In fact, 190 visa tracking keeps moving forward while 189 visa tracking is stuck on the 26th November 2017 and hasn't moved for almost a month! :(

Where do you see this tracking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

We got granted our 189 visas this week. We supplied our form 80 and a few other things that they asked for on 27th November 2017. I read on another forum that you tend to hear 90-110 days after submitting your final application and that was true for us. We have been given until early November to enter the country. Also, our status changed from ‘in progress’ to ‘further assessment’ for about a week before we got the email confirming the visa had been granted. Hope this info helps those of you that are waiting, I know how hard it is. Good luck all!

Edited by Kelbelski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
On 17/03/2018 at 17:36, Kelbelski said:

Hi all,

We got granted our 189 visas this week. We supplied our form 80 and a few other things that they asked for on 27th November 2017. I read on another forum that you tend to hear 90-110 days after submitting your final application and that was true for us. We have been given until early November to enter the country. Also, our status changed from ‘in progress’ to ‘further assessment’ for about a week before we got the email confirming the visa had been granted. Hope this info helps those of you that are waiting, I know how hard it is. Good luck all!

Congratulations @Kelbelski!

Would you mind sharing your lodgement date?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 11:14, Cristina said:

190 visas are ahead of 189 visas. It seems they are giving 190 ones priority over the 189 ones. In fact, 190 visa tracking keeps moving forward while 189 visa tracking is stuck on the 26th November 2017 and hasn't moved for almost a month! :(

You can see the logic, given the choice everyone heads for the cities which presumably do not need more population compared to the vast open swathes of the regional areas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cristina
11 hours ago, digitalis said:

You can see the logic, given the choice everyone heads for the cities which presumably do not need more population compared to the vast open swathes of the regional areas. 

Hi @digitalis, I don't see the logic of giving priority to 190 over 189. 190 is not a regional visa, it is a state nominated visa, which means you are tied to one state and have to live and work there for a certain period of time but it does not tell you where about in the state you have to live. The truth is that most 190s are for New South Wales and Victoria. Surprise, surprise, they are the states of the cities of Sydney and Melbourne. So 190 does not provide any benefits over the 189 other than a bit more control over the movements of those migrants. They should be given equal priority but I am afraid that certain propaganda got in the way.

 

P.S. There are actually other regional visas (like 489) which currently have the highest priority, even above the employer sponsored ones, which is utterly ridiculous since the latter means the migrant enters the country with a job. But again, there is certain propaganda coming from the current government saying that there are too many migrants in the cities and that this is unsustainable. Well, this argument has been widely refuted by groups of professionals and professional bodies themselves. These cities need skilled immigrants to keep their economy going and that is a fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

We lodged our visa 1st December 2018 for 189 visa. The processing time has now gone off the account. It had been updating monthly and a few days ago said 9-12 months. Does anyone know why the processing time has gone? The status of the application hasn’t changed, it still says received.

 

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Abi6635 said:

Hi all

We lodged our visa 1st December 2018 for 189 visa. The processing time has now gone off the account. It had been updating monthly and a few days ago said 9-12 months. Does anyone know why the processing time has gone? The status of the application hasn’t changed, it still says received.

 

thanks

 

The processing times disappeared from all the accounts during the software changes last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. I have a very similar case to most of you. Im a single applicant. Lodged last week of Nov and got contact 23 of feb for add info. Replied back with the docs on the 25th of feb. I have seen other forums and read u guys talking abt a immi tracker? Do you guy have any info how the process works? Or a way to estimate when the officers might pick a case they asked for more info? Thanks guys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×