Change main applicant on 143

LBee

Hi 

Currently my husband and I are in the 143 visa process - just now my husband is registered as the main applicant and I am on the form as a dependant - is it possible that we can change this so that I am the main applicant and my husband as the dependant

The primary criteria must be satisfied by at least 1 member of the family unit . The other members of the family unit who are applicants for a visa of this subclass need satisfy only the secondary criteria.

The delgate should assess the application to ascertain which, if any, of the applicants satisfies the primary criteria and the other applicants (members of the family unit) would  be assessed against the secondary criteria. 

Not sure what either the primary or secondary criteria is (could not find this on the website) - the only reason we are thinking of changing is that my husband thinks he only want to work part-time whereas I would work full-time.  We pass the family test (2 of our children have full citizenship, and the third has permanent residency.  If someone could provide the link for the primary and secondary criteria that would be useful.  Many thanks in advance

27 minutes ago, Mike and Connie said:

I don't think that it will make any difference who is the primary applicant because my understanding, as an ex 143 migrant, once granted, you are both able to work part time or full time or in our case, not at all.

Agreed.

There doesn't seem to be a need to change the main applicant here.

Best regards.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hiii we were holder of 173  when we applied for 143. In that case my father was primary applicant and my mother and me are secondary . 

NOW my father died with car accident and our case is at its final stage as aos acceptance letter is submitted to department before my father's death. Also death certificated is submitted to department. 

Now can my mother become primary applicant.?

How this is going to affect our case.

Please help.

5 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

Hiii we were holder of 173  when we applied for 143. In that case my father was primary applicant and my mother and me are secondary . 

NOW my father died with car accident and our case is at its final stage as aos acceptance letter is submitted to department before my father's death. Also death certificated is submitted to department. 

Now can my mother become primary applicant.?

How this is going to affect our case.

Please help.

Don’t know for sure but surely your mum becomes the primary applicant by default as the remaining parent and you remain the dependent. You’ve told the department that your father has died.

Others might know differently.

So sorry for your loss. 😔