Coldest ever start to February

Gbye grey sky

Just now, Gbye grey sky said:

Yesterday was the coldest recorded day for many places in SE Queensland and today feels even colder as the mercury at home struggles up to 20C.  The rainfall is welcome but this is as unlike tropical rainfall as you can imagine.  Feels much like many English summer days I have experienced.

I've seen a lot of cars with Qld registration numbers here over the past month.  Maybe their owners have come for the warmer weather.  :P  It's been lovely here for weeks.

I'm quite enjoying it. It won't last long! I'm a tiler and it's been hard working in the continual heat and humidity. Just been for a 10km walk in the Glass House Mountains with the wife in the pouring rain and it was bliss (and still warm enough to sit on the verandah afterwards in a pair of shorts with a cold one!)...Try doing that in the UK now ?

5 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Yesterday was the coldest recorded day for many places in SE Queensland and today feels even colder as the mercury at home struggles up to 20C.  The rainfall is welcome but this is as unlike tropical rainfall as you can imagine.  Feels much like many English summer days I have experienced.

Sounds perfect to me, 20 to low 20s is beautiful. I was working on my wife's car yesterday in a t shirt, it was a glorious day lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Toots said:

Did you say you were coming to Tassie soon?  Better bring a warm jumper.  :cute:    Temps will probably be in the low 20s.  Perfect for me though as I don't much care for the heat.

Not me.  It was nice the only time I’ve been there 

51 minutes ago, Toots said:

Sorry Bulya!  It must have been another forum member mentioned he/she was coming to Tassie soon   ......................................  thought it was you.  ^_^

I'll be in Tassie in 3 weeks, and I'll definitely be bringing a fleece! It's always cold there after Perth.

• Like 1