489 Working from home?

BobbyV

Thanks for reading this post, I am desperately tying to find out the answer to this and my agent is unsure.

We are hoping to move to SA this year and have applied for a Skilled - Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional). 

I currently work for a global financial company and my current job, although based in the UK - requires time to support many countries.

my question is: if I was to continue working in this job but be based from my new home (in an acceptable regional postcode in SA) for the 2 years. Would it satisfy the requirements of the 489 visa?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you 

2 hours ago, BobbyV said:

Thanks for reading this post, I am desperately tying to find out the answer to this and my agent is unsure.

We are hoping to move to SA this year and have applied for a Skilled - Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional). 

I currently work for a global financial company and my current job, although based in the UK - requires time to support many countries.

my question is: if I was to continue working in this job but be based from my new home (in an acceptable regional postcode in SA) for the 2 years. Would it satisfy the requirements of the 489 visa?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you 

If your agent does not know the answer, should they not be engaging with DOHA to find out the answer, rather than relying on an internet forum?!

To be fair, I haven’t pushed them on it. I wasn’t sure it was something they should be answering for us - I was more thinking it would be my employer. Thanks for pointing out - I’ll go back to the agent.

in the meantime- any help on this welcome

thanks

5 minutes ago, BobbyV said:

To be fair, I haven’t pushed them on it. I wasn’t sure it was something they should be answering for us - I was more thinking it would be my employer. Thanks for pointing out - I’ll go back to the agent.

in the meantime- any help on this welcome

thanks

As it could potentially affect your visa conditions, its definitely something they should be advising you on. 

The advice from the agent is that the determining factor will be the address on the letter of reference from the employer after the 2 years are up. Thay amd where I’ll actually be paid from. I’m this instance it would be Sydney for both. Therefore he’s advised that it wouldn’t satisfy.

i find it hard to believe that these circumstances don’t arise more often. If I was to work in a Starbucks in a regional area for example - I don’t think the payroll would be in that branch, it would be a head office somewhere most likely. 

• 2 years later...

Hello there! I knownyour post has been from a while but I’m going through the same situation and wanted to check how it spans out for you? I’m from Singapore and my current company has an office in Sydney and has agreed for me to work from home in Adelaide. I just wonder if there are certain conditions ot allowed number of days if I need to visit Head office in Syndet every month or visit clients outside Adelaide?