vitassess hairdressing skills assessment

Luke187

I am about to go ahead with the vitassess skills assessment for a hairdresser,  has anyone done this assessment that can give me some advise on what is required in the practical test?

i am actually a gents hairdresser (barber) of 9 years and trained in lady's hair years ago so my knowledge on foils, blowdry, perms are abit rusty to be honest. 

Im getting sponcered by a barbershop and not a hairdressers so the assessment isn't really my strong point. 

If anyones completed a skills assessment in this field please let me know. 

Many thsnks 

2 hours ago, Luke187 said:

I am about to go ahead with the vitassess skills assessment for a hairdresser,  has anyone done this assessment that can give me some advise on what is required in the practical test?

i am actually a gents hairdresser (barber) of 9 years and trained in lady's hair years ago so my knowledge on foils, blowdry, perms are abit rusty to be honest. 

Im getting sponcered by a barbershop and not a hairdressers so the assessment isn't really my strong point. 

If anyones completed a skills assessment in this field please let me know. 

Many thsnks 

Which country you come from Luke? Pls be aware that you need 5.5 ielts or equivalent to gain skill assessment of trades occupation.

55 minutes ago, Luke187 said:

Im English 

For some skills assessments there is a requirement that you pass IELTS at a certain level, regardless of whether you are a native English speaker or not. Also many visa applicants find that they need to pass IELTS ( or a similar test) in order to get the extra points and increase their chances of getting an invite for a visa. 

So even though I was born in England,  have spoken English my 25 years of life,  went to an English school with grades passed in English. I have still have to take a test to see if I am English enough ?

Is it just me or is that pretty ridiculous? 

11 minutes ago, Luke187 said:

So even though I was born in England,  have spoken English my 25 years of life,  went to an English school with grades passed in English. I have still have to take a test to see if I am English enough ?

Apparently you may have to take the test.

Native English speakers

Even if English is your first language, you must prepare for the IELTS test!

Native English speakers sometimes score lower grades than people who have only been studying English for a few years. This can happen if you take the test unprepared.

Preparation is key

Make sure that you prepare for IELTS. If you have not taken an exam for some time, you will be out of practice. The test follows a strict format, so make sure that you know what to expect and practise in advance.

You will also need to prepare for the Listening and Speaking tests since these require you to carry out specific tasks.

In some cases an English language proficiency score is required by immigration authorities for certain English-speaking countries.

IELTS is the only test used by all of the following immigration authorities:

• Australia 
  • Canada 
  • New Zealand 
  • UK 

Find out if you need to submit English language requirements by contacting the immigration authority of your chosen country. 

3 hours ago, Luke187 said:

A lot of stuff associated with migration is ridiculous IMHO but if you want to migrate you have to jump through the hoops.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/aelt     tells you about the requirement and who you can use for the tests - some people prefer the IELTS, some find PTE easier, lots of threads about it.

"Im English"

Even applicants with a PhD may have to sit a language test mate. It's about whether your English language is good enough to allow you to be a productive immigrant. As stated above, just bite the bullet.

And just re-emphasising one of the above comments, PREPARE for the language test, as you might well be surprised as to what your English language skills are, when assessed objectively.

For example, where's the apostrophe in your comment that I quoted above?

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 06:31, Luke187 said:

Unfortunately, Immigration don't care if you think it is ridiculous. It's the rules! Most people do need a language test for the visa points it provides.

Regards,

Richard

PS by the way it's VETASSESS.

Archived