Isn't it wonderful?

newjez

2 hours ago, Parley said:

No. It is an abomination.

It's not my thing, but I'm a big supporter of this because it simply has no effect on me or mine, so good on them.  If it makes any difference to the sex education my children receive in school then frankly it was probably unfit for the modern day and age.

In the meantime AUD $122m wasted on an opinion poll that could have been done for AUD $10,000.....well that is worth getting riled over ;)

14 hours ago, Parley said:

No. It is an abomination.

abomination
əbɒmɪˈneɪʃ(ə)n/  
noun
noun: abomination; plural noun: abominations
  1. a thing that causes disgust or loathing.

So, an abomination depends entirely on your personal point of view. (or, as newjez said, possibly a snowman!) :) 

A bit like child abuse in the church, or the spending of $122m of taxpayers cash that could have gone to schools on a civil rights matter. 

Easy enough to make sure it doesn't affect you, don't marry someone of the same sex as you. Problem solved! I'm pretty sure they can't make you marry someone you don't want to!

Is it same sex relationships that you find an abomination though, or the fact they can be solemnised?

27 minutes ago, Parley said:

Yes. (Me and 5 million other Australians).

That is the real worry. The fact that there are five million Australians who are more conservative than my parents!  Both my parents voted for gay marriage. The reason being that, even though they don't like or understand gays, they didn't believe they had the right to stand between two people who love each other. Who were they to judge they said.

Many people could ask themselves that question. I think Christ asked people that question a few times.

Edited by newjez