Help! I messed up my bridging visa

RobbyBobby

Hi everyone! Happy Christmas and New year!

I'm currently awaiting approval for a 457 (application was put in in May) in june I went home for a month for my sisters wedding and I was changed from a bridging visa A to a bridging visa B.

I'm now in Vietnam visiting my other sister for Christmas. I just found out that my bridging visa B expired in mid-july. I thought it was a permanent change! What can I do!?!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone! So i'm still outside Australia waiting for my 457 to be approved, its freezing here in England and I'm not earning so I wish they'd hurry up (decided not to go in on a holiday visa, thought it might look dodgy as Raul above said)

Its been 9 months since I applied for my visa, and every time I call my visa agent she says she cant chase it up with immigration until its been 10 months? Is she fobbing me off or is this correct? Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, RobbyBobby said:

Its been 9 months since I applied for my visa, and every time I call my visa agent she says she cant chase it up with immigration until its been 10 months? Is she fobbing me off or is this correct? Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

The Immigration Department has stated that they will not respond to requests asking for updates on processing of applications which are within current processing standards.

The only way to speed it up is to make a request for priority processing, which you can only do if your application falls under certain circumstances.

• 1 month later...

Well it's been over 10 months since my initial application now and it's still not sorted, asked my visa agent to chase it up she says she's emailed the priority team every other day for  3 months without reply, which I'm not sure i believe, my missus has ditched me and I'm left paying 350 a week for a house i can't even see. 

What can be done now it's been over 10 months (initial application 18/5/2017)

2 hours ago, RobbyBobby said:

Well it's been over 10 months since my initial application now and it's still not sorted, asked my visa agent to chase it up she says she's emailed the priority team every other day for  3 months without reply, which I'm not sure i believe, my missus has ditched me and I'm left paying 350 a week for a house i can't even see. 

Change your agent?

3 hours ago, RobbyBobby said:

Because of the abolishion of the 457 visa program (which finally happened on Sunday), processing of existing 457 applications has been very slow, with published processing times having increased to 5 to 11 months.

The Department has stated in writing that they will not respond to emails asking for processing updates of particular cases, which are still within the published processing times. If the case does not fall into very specific priority processing criteria, there is nothing that can be done to speed it up.

I know it is harsh, but the Department is not interested in your personal situation. Unless there is an issue affecting the Australian sponsor, they will not prioritise the application.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RobbyBobby said:

Well I'm finally outside the 90% processing so I called immigration yesterday who were no help at all just told me to email 457@homeaffairs.gov.au which I did.

Hopefully they can finally pull their thumb out their arse!

Good luck, but be mindful that the latest from the 457 section specifically states "No response will be provided to the queries related to the application status update"

8 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Good luck, but be mindful that the latest from the 457 section specifically states "No response will be provided to the queries related to the application status update"

It got approved today 1 day after the 90% ah I'm so happy!

Raul thanks for your help in this thread!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello Raul,

I really need ur help after going through the posts by you...I think you are the right person to answer...I am holding bridging visa a and I came to my home country ...there was s some dispute between me and my husband ...in anger he cancelled my visa....now everything is sorted and immigration sent us mail to send statutory declaration ..I think it will be sorted out...BT thing is my bridging visa b is over and now I am stuck overseas...we are trying for tourist visa....

My question is in some forum unread Wen 820 is granted if u r overseas..they will inform me and if visa is decided to me granted they will help me return to Australia by helping to get tourist visa liaise with respective visa office...is it true.....help me please