Just 4 weeks and we are ready (ish) to head home

Lady Tottington

6 minutes ago, Toots said:

Yes it is odd behaviour.  My brother worked in Saudi Arabia for 10 years.  Very well paid indeed but not a nice place to work for umpteen reasons - he met his English wife there who was a nurse.  Not once did I hear either of them whinging about their years in Saudi.  After that he was offered a very good job in Thailand and his wife (with an English doctor) started a women's only clinic in Bangkok.   Again - though life wasn't easy at times for a variety of reasons - I never heard them being negative about the country.  Australia has loads of faults as has the UK but no need for me to make snide, sarky comments about either country.  

Some posters know I lived in Brunei a Muslim country for 10 years and wow it was hard at times, especially as my husband was often away for 3 out of 4 weeks many months, but did I knock it, no accepted it was just part of my then life, some good some bad. The way some people go on about their hard life in Australia should try living somewhere that really is a challenge. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, ramot said:

Some posters know I lived in Brunei a Muslim country for 10 years and wow it was hard at times, especially as my husband was often away for 3 out of 4 weeks many months, but did I knock it, no accepted it was just part of my then life, some good some bad. The way some people go on about their hard life in Australia should try living somewhere that really is a challenge. 

Bunch of big whinging softies. :P   They would be moaning about their experiences every day for the rest of their lives.

Unfortunately this will always be an 'agree to disagree topic'

But what baffles me is why people who are so happy in x country are getting so involved/bothering in threads that are about how good or bad the OTHER country is?!? Is it relevant? Does it affect the other persons life..no...each to their own I guess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wattsy1982 said:

Unfortunately this will always be an 'agree to disagree topic'

But what baffles me is why people who are so happy in x country are getting so involved/bothering in threads that are about how good or bad the OTHER country is?!? Is it relevant? Does it affect the other persons life..no...each to their own I guess.

Of course it doesn't affect my life.  I just don't like the smart alecky, snide way they go about it.  As you said once before when a non-forum member has a look at some comments here they wonder about what sort of people make those comments.  Bored out of their minds I suppose.  

1 minute ago, Toots said:

Of course it doesn't affect my life.  I just don't like the smart alecky, snide way they go about it.  As you said once before when a non-forum member has a look at some comments here they wonder about what sort of people make those comments.  Bored out of their minds I suppose.  

Agreed. I hope I get to a place where I'm too happy and busy living my life that I don't have the time to come on here anymore.

• Like 4