Just 4 weeks and we are ready (ish) to head home

Lady Tottington

So 4 weeks ago a job offer and today we waved good bye to our belongings as it travels the 12 week journey. I can't believe in 4 weeks, we have done so much but we are now rattling around an empty house, jobless, carless and furnitureless [emoji87][emoji87][emoji87] just waiting to board that Big Bird back to Blighty on Sunday.

Still got very mixed emotions, im tired and stressed but very very excited, thank you for all you that helped, guided and gave advice, hopefully I will be on here again next Spring (UK) letting you all know how fantastic, freezing Yorkshire is and this was the best decision in years!! Bon Voyage [emoji16][emoji6][emoji16][emoji6]

• Like 8

Good luck with it!  I wish you all the very best in your move, and hope that you settle just as easily as we have.  We were in the same position as you about 12 weeks ago, living in an empty house, saying goodbyes, absolutely full of mixed emotions.  We arrived in Scotland on the 5th September, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that moving back was the right thing to do!

• Like 1

Lots of luck with the move, the temperature change at this time of year may take some getting used too,lol, but i am sure you will adapt quite easily.  I was back on the Mnachester/ Lancashire border last month and it was getting a bit nippy during the day, the food was great though and i ate sooooo much,lol.

Cal x

2 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Good luck with the move.

The weather, particularly this week has started to really become autumnal. Until this week, it has been relatively mild with just the odd day cold. But, you may find yourself looking at snow in the not too distant future!

15 degrees here today! just want it to get cold..  

Just now, starlight7 said:

Yes it is definitely warmer in London than in the North.  Also, I found it rained a lot  less in Yorkshire than Lancashire for some reason.  Is that still the case?

Lancashire can be very wet and also Cumbria.  They have had flooding very recently.

5 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Yes it is definitely warmer in London than in the North.  Also, I found it rained a lot  less in Yorkshire than Lancashire for some reason.  Is that still the case?

I think the east is dryer than the west, as a general rule.  That's certainly the case up here in Scotland, although I think the winters are colder in the east.  The difference between Yorkshire and Lancashire might be something to do with the Pennines.

I think the east is dryer than the west, as a general rule.  That's certainly the case up here in Scotland, although I think the winters are colder in the east.  The difference between Yorkshire and Lancashire might be something to do with the Pennines.

Lancashire is on the dark side [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Yorkshire on the RIGHT side of the Pennines [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] haha
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Hi 

Reading w interest posts about returning to the uk - we have just arrived - but stupidly I feel it is a big mistake - I am thinking of returning to the UK within year - did anyone else feel it was a mistake from early on  - and would they advice to stay on see it through - or return back as soon as possible ( see it as a year out) I am thinking the latter my children are 9, 12 & 14 ...??

• Like 1