300 - Prospective Marriage visa query

HibiscusDreams

On 28/11/2017 at 21:38, HibiscusDreams said:

sweet - that's good to hear! Fingers crossed we'll get the legislation though soon too. I'm hoping to put in for it by March, as it'll take till then to get the money sorted I think. Is it possible to put in all the paperwork before paying the fee - or does it all have to be done at the same time?

Here you go - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/when-can-you-lodge-your-notice-for-intended-marriage-forms/9238438

On 07/12/2017 at 07:35, Angelpie said:

Hi jasmine have just seen a post from my friend who is a wedding celebrant the law has been passed ❤️❤️❤️ Congratulations you can hopefully go for it now!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Xxx

Thanks!!!! It's been a whirlwind the last few days - so happy - been on Skype pretty much the whole time lol. After all the agrro it went so smoothly :)

On 07/12/2017 at 18:20, Nemesis said:

Cheers! :)

6 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Thanks!!!! It's been a whirlwind the last few days - so happy - been on Skype pretty much the whole time lol. After all the agrro it went so smoothly :)

Cheers! :)

So incredibly pleased for you both - keep us updated on your application, where abouts in oz are you going? Xx

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Will do! I'll be in the Blue Mtns, it's a lovely neck of the woods :) Bit of a trek to town though!

Ah it will be great very beautiful, we r off to the Gold Coast hopefully 

we are waiting to get a co but we've only filed a month ago - just me being impatient lol xx

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 16:31, Angelpie said:

I'm going for the Pmv 300, we looked at every which way we could to speed up the process including entering on an e visitor visa , but as I have children was not really an option , plus the risk of getting turned away and getting a black mark against our names or ban just wasn't worth the risk for us. Plus it seems that some Pmvs are going through in a matter of months

Have you spoken to an immigration solicitor? Fingers crossed the new laws come in soon ?? Congratulations tho hope it all works out ❤️❤️Xx

hi angelpie, we went for the pmv 300 app lodged 14/08/2017 (I'm UK  my fiancé is Aus) we used a registered agent in Brisbane and we got our grant this week! ? good luck xx 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

hi angelpie, we went for the pmv 300 app lodged 14/08/2017 (I'm UK  my fiancé is Aus) we used a registered agent in Brisbane and we got our grant this week! ? good luck xx 

Oh that's brilliant congratulations- I'm going to be a nervous wreck by the time this is all over  keeping my fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later

have you got a date to move? Xx

3 hours ago, Angelpie said:

Oh that's brilliant congratulations- I'm going to be a nervous wreck by the time this is all over  keeping my fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later

have you got a date to move? Xx

Thanks Angelpie, just thought it might be helpful to hear that pmv's are going through ? (in our case 5 months 10 days) and I'll keep my fingers crossed ?for you too ? no date as yet it's weird but not knowing how long the wait is going to be it's difficult to make definite plans in case you jinx it, but hopefully we'll have it sorted soon x

13 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

Thanks Angelpie, just thought it might be helpful to hear that pmv's are going through ? (in our case 5 months 10 days) and I'll keep my fingers crossed ?for you too ? no date as yet it's weird but not knowing how long the wait is going to be it's difficult to make definite plans in case you jinx it, but hopefully we'll have it sorted soon x

Ah thanks spangle1 , it's always good to hear real times these global times are not much help, 

i know just what you mean about not being able to plan anything it makes things very difficult especially given the tight timescale they give u! The only thing I've started is the dogs vaccinations but I darent book anything else I don't want jinx things either, do keep us up to date on your moving progress ???? Xx

• Like 1

hi angelpie, finding this forum so helpful with lots of posts from others in a similar situation and advice too. Of course I'll do my bit by adding updates when there's something to tell :) it was interesting to read that you're taking your dogs ?   for several reasons (top one being that I have an amazing friend) I'm not taking mine but it's not been an easy decision to make. ? xx 

22 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

hi angelpie, finding this forum so helpful with lots of posts from others in a similar situation and advice too. Of course I'll do my bit by adding updates when there's something to tell :) it was interesting to read that you're taking your dogs ?   for several reasons (top one being that I have an amazing friend) I'm not taking mine but it's not been an easy decision to make. ? xx 

It's a great forum , has been a real help and saved lots of time in certain areas, 

we couldn't leave the hound- whilst she is costing more than anything else barring the visas, it would break me and the kids , my dad would happily have her and they would live a life of Riley on his narrowboat , which if everything else fails will be where she will have to stay but am trying my best to take her with us even if it means us getting those horrendous 30 hour flights for £350 and u get your seat on the wing ? ?? , 

its great you've got a fantastic friend and you'll get pics and updates ? Xx

totally understand the dog ? thing it took alot of agonising and finally realisation that my money wouldn't stretch to all the required stuff for mine everything doubled because I have 2 ! But yes of course we're going to keep in touch and I'll be able to 'see' them on skype too ? 

21 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

totally understand the dog ? thing it took alot of agonising and finally realisation that my money wouldn't stretch to all the required stuff for mine everything doubled because I have 2 ! But yes of course we're going to keep in touch and I'll be able to 'see' them on skype too ? 

Hardest decision eh and two of them!! Gosh the cost of that would be astronomical ? Totally understand, it may be that my hound still may end up staying here with my dad but we will see how it goes ?? Xx

Though it sounds horrible I'm glad I lost my dog a few years ago, as I'd have been absolutely torn apart if I had to leave him behind - which I'd have had to, given his age - no way he'd have been up to the flight, especially given he was always, well I won't say giant coward, but lets just say a tad anxious about pretty much everything!

5 months does seem to be the ball park figure at the moment... hoping that doesn't change! Spangle, if you don't mind my asking, what sort of evidence / quantity of evidence did you submit along with your application? I'm thinking of going with the following, but would value your thoughts, or anyone else who has had approval through:

* 4 Stat Decs / statements from family and friends.

* Bank statements showing joint financial activity (3 months worth)

* Copies of bookings for wedding plans (we have a set a date for next February and have some bookings already in place)

* Copies of flight bookings for visits

* Photos of joint activities / time together etc.

All thoughts / input most welcome :)

@spangle 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Though it sounds horrible I'm glad I lost my dog a few years ago, as I'd have been absolutely torn apart if I had to leave him behind - which I'd have had to, given his age - no way he'd have been up to the flight, especially given he was always, well I won't say giant coward, but lets just say a tad anxious about pretty much everything!

I totally understand what you mean , in so many ways it would be much easier ( cost, rental accommodation, stress, etc) if she were to stay with my dad who lives on a narrowboat and would have her like a shot - he keeps saying she's going to be a boat dog lol but my kids are up in arms and it breaks me to think of leaving her even tho I know she would be so well looked after and would be company for my dad 

from a purely financial point of view it would free up a hell of a lot of money and make it easier to find somewhere to rent until we find somewhere to buy- emotionally it's heart breaking to think like that ? Xx

1 hour ago, HibiscusDreams said:

5 months does seem to be the ball park figure at the moment... hoping that doesn't change! Spangle, if you don't mind my asking, what sort of evidence / quantity of evidence did you submit along with your application? I'm thinking of going with the following, but would value your thoughts, or anyone else who has had approval through:

* 4 Stat Decs / statements from family and friends.

* Bank statements showing joint financial activity (3 months worth)

* Copies of bookings for wedding plans (we have a set a date for next February and have some bookings already in place)

* Copies of flight bookings for visits

* Photos of joint activities / time together etc.

All thoughts / input most welcome :)

@spangle 1

That's similar to what I've included along with pics, ( court docs for the kids) our bank statements don't show joint activity though we have joint bank accounts but have shown that my oh paid for the wedding , visas and I've paid for the rings , dresses etc will be paying for the shipping etc I don't know what else to include , I'm still dithering with the form 80 ?Xx

hi girls, still on the dog ? theme mine also are really too old also I believe to take the stress of the journey they're litter mates so both the same age. As to the question of evidence we had very little joint stuff but we did register our relationship in NSW (which I'm not sure is a widely known possibility but one which is recognized) we provided 6 statements 3 Australian and 3 from people we both spent time with when he was over here with me including one from an independent witness - a lady who runs a group I belong to and who I took him along to meet) I read somewhere when I was trawling these sites for info (as we do ?) that independent statements are good because the person has no emotional connection to either of you . Copies of all sorts of things we sent to each other including money transfer receipts, cards plus all of our photos and evidence could be cross referenced to events mentioned in our personal statements . Hope this helps ? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spangle 1 said:

hi girls, still on the dog ? theme mine also are really too old also I believe to take the stress of the journey they're litter mates so both the same age. As to the question of evidence we had very little joint stuff but we did register our relationship in NSW (which I'm not sure is a widely known possibility but one which is recognized) we provided 6 statements 3 Australian and 3 from people we both spent time with when he was over here with me including one from an independent witness - a lady who runs a group I belong to and who I took him along to meet) I read somewhere when I was trawling these sites for info (as we do ?) that independent statements are good because the person has no emotional connection to either of you . Copies of all sorts of things we sent to each other including money transfer receipts, cards plus all of our photos and evidence could be cross referenced to events mentioned in our personal statements . Hope this helps ? ?

We have 3 Australian statements ( waiting on the 3rd ?) and two from uk no independent one tho as we didn't get the opportunity for anything like that , but can see how beneficial that could be though , I heard about the registering the relationship but weren't sure what the rules on that were as we've never lived together ? Xx

you don't need to have lived together to register the relationship...it's kind of like a marriage certificate only without the ceremony ? you each have to get the forms etc witnessed and like any marriage contract it's legally binding. you're then issued with a certificate from the register office which states your names etc.

3 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

you don't need to have lived together to register the relationship...it's kind of like a marriage certificate only without the ceremony ? you each have to get the forms etc witnessed and like any marriage contract it's legally binding. you're then issued with a certificate from the register office which states your names etc.

Bugger I wish I'd of known , I won't get the chance to do that now obviously , useful piece of information to have , which is why these forums are so great x

• Like 1

yes we registered our relationship just after we got engaged in 2016 I'd only just found out about it myself then by chance but apart from anything else it seemed like a really good way of proving to everyone that we were serious - which is sometimes hard to do when you're in an ldr and don't get to do the sorts of things other couples take for granted xx 

17 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

yes we registered our relationship just after we got engaged in 2016 I'd only just found out about it myself then by chance but apart from anything else it seemed like a really good way of proving to everyone that we were serious - which is sometimes hard to do when you're in an ldr and don't get to do the sorts of things other couples take for granted xx 

I would imagine it's been a help in proving your relationship like u say Ldr u don't get to do things like a regular relationship so harder to prove 

I'm just keeping everything crossed the verdict goes in our favour , it's hard when u don't know what's going off even if it's not looking promising- I'm such a worrier lol xx

• Like 1