Greater (?) Manchester

Guest jchrisj

Guest jchrisj

well i must have done something wrong.

No one turned up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Me and family sat there like divies.

If someone else wants a go at organising a meeting for manchester, crack on....................at least we will turn up when we say.

Disapointed Chris

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one turned up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Me and family sat there like divies.

If someone else wants a go at organising a meeting for manchester, crack on....................at least we will turn up when we say.

Disapointed Chris

Hi Chris

Im so sorry for you that no-one turned up, that must have been so disappointing after all the effort you put into it.

I am from Liverpool so didnt feel I warranted coming to your meet. If you make one a bit closer to us maybe in between the two cities, I will come along, as long as the date is free in our diary.

Hope the ones who said they were going come back on here and tell you why they never turned up.

Debbie

xx

Guest defencenurse1

Hi all

Nice to see that people from oldham are coming over, have been in Brissy 2 years and have not yet met anyone from the good old town. Drop me a line when you get here and we can meet up. I am a nurse and my hubby is a boilermaker. We have plenty of contact and info if anyone needs it. Good luck all

Love Wendy

Guest jchrisj
Hiya Chris ,,sorry to hear about the meet ,ive clicked your chicken for trying ,you did your best mate

Cal x

You're my today's hero................................i love you sniff sniff:radar:

Guest chippie74

Im from ashton-u-lyne now living in adelaide.i miss all the local meets we went to before we came over.If anyone wants to pick my brains on anything and if i can help in anyway feel free to pm me..lee

Guest gothicqueen

Disapointed Chris

Oh my......... I am so sorry, what can I say I am totally useless and forgot about it,between running my daughter to work and back and everything else it slipped my mind.

I will slap my legs on your behalf:nah:

I promise to attend the next one, was so looking forward to it as well

Sorry Sorry Sorry

Sorry Sorry Sorry

Sorry Sorry Sorry

Sorry Sorry Sorry

Sorry Sorry Sorry

Sorry Sorry Sorry

I really am sorry........:embarrassed:

Hiya!

Only just seen post - we would have loved to meet up! If there's another one please

Count us in! We live in failsworth so very close!

A sunday would be best for us as OH works on Sat - unless we could meet you after 5

Jo x x :jiggy:

Guest jchrisj
Hiya!

Only just seen post - we would have loved to meet up! If there's another one please

Count us in! We live in failsworth so very close!

A sunday would be best for us as OH works on Sat - unless we could meet you after 5

Jo x x :jiggy:

why are we all leaving oldham then, had a few posts from fellow th'owdamers. Some going, some thinking about it and others allready there.

If were not carefull there will be none left...........................................................whoops....................too late!

You know what i mean.

Fnar Fnar:radar:

Chris

I left Oldham in 1990 - I'd met my then boyfriend (now hubby) in '88 and he was from Preston so moved there. Lived there until coming here to Oz in Jan 07. Have great memories of growing up there.... but even returning whilst I only lived 50 miles away it had changed so much. My dad still lives there. I worked at Oldham and District Gen Hospital (now the Royal Oldham)

Ali

Guest Stoner

Hi Chris ive been back in the mother land working for the last 5 weeks in oldham area, you are the type of family oz needs ther are to many messers out ther. Oz needs good familys who will try & make a differance if you need any help just pm me i live in southport gold coast although i have to travel a lot with work. & as for the familys who didnt turn up dont bother coming over we have loads of thatchers children already

Guest gothicqueen
as for the familys who didnt turn up dont bother coming over we have loads of thatchers children already

I find that quite offensive actually!

You dont know the circumstances around why people didnt go, mine included.

so dont judge me please :no:

Guest Stoner

sorry to offend but i realy feel for this guy, trying to make a differance. Bet he dosnt forget waisting a day on you guys.

sorry to offend but i realy feel for this guy, trying to make a differance. Bet he dosnt forget waisting a day on you guys.

With a remark like that how did you not expect to offend? Yes, it was bad manners for people not to show up rather than cancel. However, as Gothic Queen pointed out, you do not know everyone's circumstances as to why they didn't show up and didn't cancel either. For example, car broke down on way, news of a bereavement on way, accident on way.

So rather than proceed with potentially offensive remarks, please think before you post that way you are less likely to offend. Thank you.

Jo :jiggy:

Guest gothicqueen

That is where the apology came in, I hadnt been on PIO that day, had I been on before the meeting and seen a post I would have realised and gone.

Please think before you type comments like that about people you dont know

Guest jchrisj

Now now children,...................play nice or i'll take your sweets off you.

Look it isnt the end of the world, we got stuck in a pub for a couple of hours and had to test the beer.........................repeatedly................hic

If some one else wants a go at a manchester meeting, crack on and count us in. Just tell us where and when.

We were a bit dissapointed but it is common for public chat forums like this to arrange something and members agree, untill they realise they have to get of there sofa and join in. Then it falls flat.

Not sure about that beer, going to have another test

Hugs to everyone

Chris x x x

Guest gothicqueen

Hi Chris

I had really intended to come, but have a brain like a sieve and hadnt noticed any posts about it sunday until it was too late...............

How about I arrange the next one? Im happy to do it, if anyone wants to come, stand me up and Ill turn you all into toads LOL

Let me know the dates that everyone is available and I will sort something out, I have even got a fab place in mind...........

Guest jchrisj
Hi Chris

I had really intended to come, but have a brain like a sieve and hadnt noticed any posts about it sunday until it was too late...............

How about I arrange the next one? Im happy to do it, if anyone wants to come, stand me up and Ill turn you all into toads LOL

Let me know the dates that everyone is available and I will sort something out, I have even got a fab place in mind...........

Crack on, any sunday for us no problem. Sat nights take some planning.

wibet wibet (frog talk,....................I dont understand either, just play along)

Chris

Guest giggles

Hi there we are well up for it, we moved house the last weekend it was arranged but we are all settled in ourrental utill the visa arrives and were off so please count us in there is me Tricia, Paul, Jordan 7 and Lily-Mae 8months look forward to meeting you all

Regards Tricia

Guest giggles

Hi all are we any nearer to a date for the manchester meet up, cant wait to meet you guys and have a chat .

regards Tricia

Guest gothicqueen

LOL Chris.... as much as I love PIO I do have a life outside it..... only a samll life but it does involve sleeping and eating occasionally!!!

Im all up for organising a meet up if people are interested, first weekend we could do is 9th/10th August as Im going away on Thursday until the 4th August

Let me know who wants to come and Ill organise a venue, let me know also if you want to bring kids or not............. have a fab place in mind if no kids, but can easily sort something else out if you want to bring the little darlings..... Im easy either way!

Will post it as another thred too just incase people dont read this one!

Guest jchrisj
LOL Chris.... as much as I love PIO I do have a life outside it..... only a samll life but it does involve sleeping and eating occasionally!!!

Im all up for organising a meet up if people are interested, first weekend we could do is 9th/10th August as Im going away on Thursday until the 4th August

Let me know who wants to come and Ill organise a venue, let me know also if you want to bring kids or not............. have a fab place in mind if no kids, but can easily sort something else out if you want to bring the little darlings..... Im easy either way!

Will post it as another thred too just incase people dont read this one!

I feel hurt now, why do you think i am having a go at you, or anyone! Not my style.

If you are planning something, we will be there with 2 kid's please. Looking forward to it, going for beer now.

ttfn

Chris:radar:

Guest gothicqueen
I feel hurt now, why do you think i am having a go at you, or anyone! Not my style.

If you are planning something, we will be there with 2 kid's please. Looking forward to it, going for beer now.

ttfn

Chris:radar:

LOL, was only joking...!

OK will look at somewhere with kids, what was the placeliek that noone went to....? we could do it there again if you like?

Now get on the chicken picture poll and vote for my chick! LOL us mancunians (greater that is) have to stick together!

Archived