Mixed emotions!! But have got our big break!!

Lady Tottington

Hi PIO's,

We are so excited, my OH has landed a job back in Blighty, we were originally hoping to leave Australia in February but he has had an offer thats too good to miss. So its all panic to get it all sorted, sell and ship our stuff, booking flights tomorrow (hopefully) and leaving approx 6 weeks today!!! [emoji50] the cars are going to be the hardest. Gum tree might be our new best friend over the coming weeks.

I actually feel physically sick that our daughter is staying on here for another 2-3 years, (at uni) its making this move all seem so much harder. I know in my heart of hearts if we don't grab this opportunity with both hands we will regret it.

Part of me is relieved, part worried and I feel lots of stress ahead!!!!

Wish us luck!!!!

Lady T [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T580 using PomsinOz mobile app

• Like 6

Well done. Try not to stress as it will fall into place. We were very similar - job came up and wen for it. Except we only had 4 days!

Omg 4 days, excuse the french but I would shit myself [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] 5 weeks is stressful enough. [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85] thank you x

1 hour ago, Lady Tottington said:

Omg 4 days, excuse the french but I would shit myself emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png 5 weeks is stressful enough. emoji85.pngemoji85.pngemoji85.png thank you x

Lol. Yep, we did a bit, and didn't think we would do it at first. Had to sell all our stuff, arrange for the house to be sold from the UK, get the dog arranged for his flight. I got the job offer on the Tuesday evening and had to fly on the Saturday as a condition of the offer was that I could start on the following Tuesday. I was still having a garage sale an hour before I had to head to the airport. It was a mad time and a mad couple of weeks after landing - we had no long term place to stay and owned pretty much nothing. But, that was last march and now, our eight years in Oz feels more like a dream and the UK is home

• Like 3

When we leave we will be leaving my daughter (22yrs old,) at Uni here too.

However, she is in a stable, long term, relationship, and has massive career prospects should she qualify well.

We've talked through all the pros and cons with her, and she is happy for us to take the chance to live in Blighty.

When we leave we will be leaving my daughter (22yrs old,) at Uni here too.
However, she is in a stable, long term, relationship, and has massive career prospects should she qualify well.
We've talked through all the pros and cons with her, and she is happy for us to take the chance to live in Blighty.

Oh Taff I feel your pain aswell but I totally understand and we too have talked till we have exhausted it. The hardest thing for me also is to admit she is a young lady and not a little girl anymore, we have booked her ticket back to UK next July for her uni hols, and will book next xmas tickets and we have to just get on with it, even though there is tears in my eyes as I wright this [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24].
She totally understands why we want to return, she has seen how upset and isolated I am here.
Thank you x