187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

6 hours ago, Amy86 said:

May I ask whyĀ Ā you are waiting offshore??

457 was refused..rsms was an option but on every ielts result I got 7 to 8 band in 3 modules bt in reading 5.5..sometimes 5.5 in writing nd 7 in reading..so feel that ielts is business too.come back to India again try nd got 7each?..nd then I apply my nomination nd visa both in jan 2017..still waiting..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dhillon7 said:

457 was refused..rsms was an option but on every ielts result I got 7 to 8 band in 3 modules bt in reading 5.5..sometimes 5.5 in writing nd 7 in reading..so feel that ielts is business too.come back to India again try nd got 7each?..nd then I apply my nomination nd visa both in jan 2017..still waiting..

Wow...It is my first time that I heard someone getting his/Her 457 refused...Ā 

but at least you didn't give up...

hopefully you'llĀ get a good news soon!!

good luck?

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Iā€™ve watched this forum for a while, I gonna share my experience and also need some suggestion from you guys.Ā 

My husband got 457 visa as restaurant manager in 2015, he transferred to the current employerĀ and started to work in Jan,2016. ThenĀ he applied 187 DE on 30 June,Ā after 21 months waiting, our nomination is refused on 28 March,2018..immi didnā€™t ask for more documents, they checked the 2015-2016 financial report from the owner, the reason immi refused the nomination was the financial is not strong enough and the labor cost seems not fair enoughĀ to pay all of staff.Ā 

Our lawyer suggested us apply 186 Ā translation. Iā€™m wondering is it good for us to do this with the current employer ?Ā 

Weā€™re very disappointed and frustrated... I feel like itā€™s end of world for me.. hope someone could help us.. Thank you for reading, really appreciate. And good luck to someone still waiting.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Viv L said:

Hi guys,

Iā€™ve watched this forum for a while, I gonna share my experience and also need some suggestion from you guys.Ā 

My husband got 457 visa as restaurant manager in 2015, he transferred to the current employerĀ and started to work in Jan,2016. ThenĀ he applied 187 DE on 30 June,Ā after 21 months waiting, our nomination is refused on 28 March,2018..immi didnā€™t ask for more documents, they checked the 2015-2016 financial report from the owner, the reason immi refused the nomination was the financial is not strong enough and the labor cost seems not fair enoughĀ to pay all of staff.Ā 

Our lawyer suggested us apply 186 Ā translation. Iā€™m wondering is it good for us to do this with the current employer ?Ā 

Weā€™re very disappointed and frustrated... I feel like itā€™s end of world for me.. hope someone could help us.. Thank you for reading, really appreciate. And good luck to someone still waiting.

Ā 

Hi Viv

Did the Agent mention going to the AAT? The waiting time is 1-2 years and gives plenty of time to build a strong case. This is, of course, if you believe the business will be profitable and can show this through financial statements.Ā Your husband could also sign a new agreement with updated salary, if this was an issue.

Also, if they made the decision in 2018 they should have checked the 2017 and Jan-March 2018 financial reports. Your agent should have been uploading financial reports every 3 months to show the profitability, along with your husbandā€™s payslips. A single report from 2016 is simply not good enough, itā€™s old information and doesnā€™t contribute to your case. Seems like not being updated regularly is what Immi used as a reason to refuse.

If you consider the ATT you might as well consider changing the Agent too.

Best of luck.

Ā 

Ā 

27 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Hi Viv

Did the Agent mention going to the AAT? The waiting time is 1-2 years and gives plenty of time to build a strong case. This is, of course, if you believe the business will be profitable and can show this through financial statements.Ā Your husband could also sign a new agreement with updated salary, if this was an issue.

Also, if they made the decision in 2018 they should have checked the 2017 and Jan-March 2018 financial reports. Your agent should have been uploading financial reports every 3 months to show the profitability, along with your husbandā€™s payslips. A single report from 2016 is simply not good enough, itā€™s old information and doesnā€™t contribute to your case. Seems like not being updated regularly is what Immi used as a reason to refuse.

If you consider the ATT you might as well consider changing the Agent too.

Best of luck.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi MilaMocha,

Thank you for your replying.

Yes Immi did mention about refuse the nominations without asking more documents.Ā 

Not sure about AAT because we are considering withdraw the187 DE application and apply 186 TRT if the financial from 2016 to 2018 are looks good. But I donā€™t know which option is better or what other options we can try..

ourĀ 457 will be expired in May 2019, Hopefully we still have some time to think about next step..

1 hour ago, Viv L said:

Hi guys,

Ā 

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that, nowadays immigration have really strict approach on permanent application.Ā 

Im currently on 457 as cook, and waiting for my 187 same position with same employer, nomination and visa was applied in August 2016. Business seems to be very strong, but my tension arises whenever I read refusal of the nomination.Ā 

Could you please discuss more about your employer business like no of staff full time and part timeĀ , total labour cost and total annual sale and profit!Ā 

Ā 

Hello Guys, i need a big favour from you all please can someone please tell me what letter do we need from business accountant for a cook 187 sponsorship .

One guy i recently met he got nomination refused last week everything was good except from he didnā€™t update letter from his business accountant thatā€™s y he got nomination refused and immi didnā€™t even asked him further they straightaway refused.

He applied in 2017 may be March donā€™t know exactly about month but he applied as a cook.

So everyone should talk to their employer asap for that accountant letter and update and please tell me as well so i can ask my employer aswell.
Thanks in advance

16 minutes ago, Khanw said:

Hello Guys, i need a big favour from you all please can someone please tell me what letter do we need from business accountant for a cook 187 sponsorship .

One guy i recently met he got nomination refused last week everything was good except from he didnā€™t update letter from his business accountant thatā€™s y he got nomination refused and immi didnā€™t even asked him further they straightaway refused.

He applied in 2017 may be March donā€™t know exactly about month but he applied as a cook.

So everyone should talk to their employer asap for that accountant letter and update and please tell me as well so i can ask my employer aswell.
Thanks in advance

Did he have the RCB approved?

Just now, Khanw said:

Yes RCB was approved and BAS was updated untill DeC

That should have been enough.

The Accountant letter is mostly used of the RCB application. Once the RCB is approved you only need to update Immi with financial statements.

What made you think his nomination was refused because no Accountant letter was submitted?

46 minutes ago, Khanw said:

Yes thatā€™s what he told me everything was updated even business is in good profit immi just give this excuse you havenā€™t submit letter from accountant

That was big mistake not submitting the accountant audit letter, itā€™s required documents when we submit the nomination application. Accountant letter certify that all the financial documents is correct, itā€™s not bogus.Ā 

7 minutes ago, AAA said:

That was big mistake not submitting the accountant audit letter, itā€™s required documents when we submit the nomination application. Accountant letter certify that all the financial documents is correct, itā€™s not bogus.Ā 

I know for the RCB it says 'Financial statement' OR 'Letter of accountant' but in our case they demanded both. Not sure about the nomination though.Ā 

Thanks . So i just need to ask my boss to make me ready accountant audit letter from his accountant.
Thanks alot your reply was very helpful
  • Like 1

I have been silent here for a while. I would like to share my colleagues results.

our company has 4 restaurants, 3 in Perth, 1 in Dunsborough. One of my colleague got 187 granted yesterday in Perth and the other has got a refusal of nomination of 457 in Dunsborough. First person has only work in our restaurant for 2 years and heĀ waited his visa for 18 months. Second person has been working for 5 years and he is holding 402 visa at this moment. The reason of refusal is his salary is higher than local but his contract is 54k which is the minimum of 457 rule and alsoĀ first person is higher than him. It is so strange to me. Is there any standard or every single case depends on CO. How about nomination?

I am also very wondering my visa too. I have just applied my 187 and I have been working here 5 and half years as cook and I am on 457 but 187DE due to not having 2 years of 457 yet. Be sides, my contract is much higher than others because I am sous chef but my visa contract is cook only. Will it affect my visa as well due to high salary?Ā 

Feeling so stressed but nothing I can do about that...

Ā 

8 hours ago, Cupidmi said:

I have been silent here for a while. I would like to share my colleagues results.

our company has 4 restaurants, 3 in Perth, 1 in Dunsborough. One of my colleague got 187 granted yesterday in Perth and the other has got a refusal of nomination of 457 in Dunsborough. First person has only work in our restaurant for 2 years and heĀ waited his visa for 18 months. Second person has been working for 5 years and he is holding 402 visa at this moment. The reason of refusal is his salary is higher than local but his contract is 54k which is the minimum of 457 rule and alsoĀ first person is higher than him. It is so strange to me. Is there any standard or every single case depends on CO. How about nomination?

I am also very wondering my visa too. I have just applied my 187 and I have been working here 5 and half years as cook and I am on 457 but 187DE due to not having 2 years of 457 yet. Be sides, my contract is much higher than others because I am sous chef but my visa contract is cook only. Will it affect my visa as well due to high salary?Ā 

Feeling so stressed but nothing I can do about that...

Ā 

Ā Local worker must get paid same or higher for the same position as overseas workers get paid, if you are cook and get 54000k annually, your local co worker should get paid same as yours or above for cook positionĀ 

• Like 1

So the better way is that I ask my MA to change my contract salary back to equally of other staff (canĀ IĀ still do thatĀ if my documents already uploaded?). Or MA should mention about that my position is SOUS chef even if contract is cook (I have no idea why they put cook position on my contract, the only thing I can say is that I only have a cert4 commercial cookery).Ā 

I know I need to ask MA but I have to wait until Tuesday...:(

40 minutes ago, Cupidmi said:

So the better way is that I ask my MA to change my contract salary back to equally of other staff (canĀ IĀ still do thatĀ if my documents already uploaded?). Or MA should mention about that my position is SOUS chef even if contract is cook (I have no idea why they put cook position on my contract, the only thing I can say is that I only have a cert4 commercial cookery).Ā 

May be certificate 4 could be the reason, you can not change your contact to sous chef. Your employer should pay equal to you whoā€™s performing cook duties.Ā 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cupidmi said:

Firstly, it's best that both the contract and the Visa/Nomination application state the same position, in your case Sous Chef.

You can sign a new contract with updated position (if you have the qualification, VetAssess, experience). If you are the only Sous Chef in the restaurant then you don't have to compare your pay with other employees' pay. Only if there's another Sous Chef (local, Australian), then you cannot have a higher salary than him. Both contracts (including duties, responsibilities and salary)Ā have to be the same (or almost the same)Ā - to show to Immi fair and equal treatment is applied.

Along with the "new" contract, your MA should as well upload a letter to explain this (like a reason why you're uploading a new document now). It's best to also upload the contract of another Sous Chef (if there's one) to prove equal rights and pay.

Edited by MilaMocha
  • Like 1