187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

SOS....

The HR in university only submitted the nomination (occupation: university lecture) on Nov 2015. I have waited for nearly 6 month for the nomination result and still no news.

After enquiring with immigration staff, I just realised today that the application for 187 direct entry also need to submit.... (the HR insisted that i should first get nomination approval then apply for visa. But checking with immigration, they say i can submit the application when the nomination is logged). I am so desperate after knowing that.

This mean i still need to be in the waiting list again and wait for another 6 months in order to get PR if i submit the application now?

Does any one have the same problem as mine and provide some suggestions?

Greatly appreciated for your reply.

Hi yuan zhou, as far as i know if you apply visa before the approval of your nomination, hopefully you do not have to wait another 6-8 months. But if you apply visa after your nomination approval, you definately have to wait for 6-8 more months.

Yes I applied separate and nomination result 4 month 10 days and now waiting for visa from 10th nov 2015. Same one of my friend she applied both together she already got result in December 15. So now hope for the best.

Hi yuan zhou, as far as i know if you apply visa before the approval of your nomination, hopefully you do not have to wait another 6-8 months. But if you apply visa after your nomination approval, you definately have to wait for 6-8 more months.

Greatly thanks, Praneeshb. you say "as far as i know", do you mean you had the information from immigration?

Yes I applied separate and nomination result 4 month 10 days and now waiting for visa from 10th nov 2015. Same one of my friend she applied both together she already got result in December 15. So now hope for the best.

GOD.... that is so long...

if that is the case, it would be disaster for me (> 6 month waiting..). when you submit the application, the visa will become bridging visa, during this time, you can leave austrlia but you would not allowed to enter it....

Greatly thanks, Praneeshb. you say "as far as i know", do you mean you had the information from immigration?

As far as i know means i have seen some cases in this forum who had applied visa about a month later than nomination have got their nomination and visa approved same day or only few days difference. Thats why i am saying "hopefully" in your case. Thanks

As far as i know means i have seen some cases in this forum who had applied visa about a month later than nomination have got their nomination and visa approved same day or only few days difference. Thats why i am saying "hopefully" in your case. Thanks

OK, i see. I will try to submit ASAP.

Hello there,

I am very delighted to share with you all out there that I am finally permanent resident of Australia from today onwards.. it was quite the ride for me as I have overcome so many hurdles , so here is my timeline.

Nomination and visa 186 TRT :- 3 march 2015

186 TRT nomination cancelled :- 4 June 2015

nomination and visa 187 Direct Entry :- 18 September 2015

medical and police check :- 1 march 2016

medical referral to MOC :- 2 march 2016

medical submitted to DIBP :- 25 March 2016

additional document request :- 11 April 2016

document submitted :- 17 May 2016

reason of taking to long to submit the requested document :- the account/ payroll manager quit from the company's head office

Nomination and Visa 187 Granted :- 20 may 2016.

I sincerely appreciate for all your advice and support on this forum. Best of luck

Hello there,

I am very delighted to share with you all out there that I am finally permanent resident of Australia from today onwards.. it was quite the ride for me as I have overcome so many hurdles , so here is my timeline.

reason of taking to long to submit the requested document :- the account/ payroll manager quit from the company's head office

I sincerely appreciate for all your advice and support on this forum. Best of luck

Many congratulations! Enjoy your future in Australia. Please don't forget to update the spreadsheet ☺️

if that is the case, it would be disaster for me (> 6 month waiting..). when you submit the application, the visa will become bridging visa, during this time, you can leave austrlia but you would not allowed to enter it....

We were told that it is better and faster to lodge both nomination and visa together if you are sure that your application is correct and decision ready.

If not, then apply nomination first and wait for approval, this way you do not risk losing the visa fee. If you wait for your nomination to be approved and only apply for your visa after than I think you will be in the queue again and they state on the website that it could take 6 months.

Hello there,

Many Congratulations mate

Once you lodge your application, you will be issued a bridging visa A (assuming you currently hold a visa). The BVA sits in the background while your current visa is still in effect. If your current visa expires, then the BVA takes effect. If you leave Australia while holding the BVA, it will be cancelled and you cannot re-enter BUT if you apply for a BVB due to travel plans, that is usually very easily granted and you can re-enter Australia on the BVB. You must apply for the BVB while you are in Australia. BVBs generally take 2-3 weeks to be granted.

Hi any one can tell me ...about immi account, after nomination applied...can we create immi account and check the proces.

thanks

As far as I'm aware the business will only receive information about the nomination as they are the applicant and no you cannot import the nomination to your Immi account. Have you still not heard anything from immi?

so much frustaration. still nothing from immi.

I don't know what these guys doing....

My saw your first comment, I think it's a huge myth that contacting the department affects your application or the processing of it. If anything I've read on here people contacting them and getting their visa shortly after. I would get your employer to contact them.

However it is strange that people still waiting from months already advertised as processed seem to be cooks or similar positions.. Did you see the article posted yesterday I think it was?

My saw your first comment, I think it's a huge myth that contacting the department affects your application or the processing of it. If anything I've read on here people contacting them and getting their visa shortly after. I would get your employer to contact them.

However it is strange that people still waiting from months already advertised as processed seem to be cooks or similar positions.. Did you see the article posted yesterday I think it was?

That seems to very much depend on the CO. I've seen some tell people who are phoning every week that they are putting them to the bottom of the pile.

My agent contacted mine. At that time there was still such a thing as a decision ready application. They were supposed to

take about three months. That was the reason people were paying agents, as it speeded up the process. We didn't contact until 5 months to the day from applying. I had my visa within a couple of hours with an apology that my application had been put on the wrong pile.