187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

How are people submitting their visa application and nomination request at same time? I thought you needed the approved nomination reference number before you could start the application? My 457 expires May4 and I'm chasing my employer to do nomination and getting worried that I only have 6 weeks to get my application (187) started!

if my employer nom doesn't come in before may 4 do I have to leave country?

How are people submitting their visa application and nomination request at same time? I thought you needed the approved nomination reference number before you could start the application? My 457 expires May4 and I'm chasing my employer to do nomination and getting worried that I only have 6 weeks to get my application (187) started!

if my employer nom doesn't come in before may 4 do I have to leave country?

You need to talk to your employer again and explain that you need the nomination lodged ASAP as you are running out of time. Don't wait until May or you will be in a tight spot. If your 187 visa is not lodged by the end of April then you better pack your bags and be on the plane out of Australia by 4 May.

Employers need to be chased. Mine took 7 months from the time they agreed to nominate me for PR to actual lodgement of the nomination.

You need to talk to your employer again and explain that you need the nomination lodged ASAP as you are running out of time. Don't wait until May or you will be in a tight spot. If your 187 visa is not lodged by the end of April then you better pack your bags and be on the plane out of Australia by 4 May.

Employers need to be chased. Mine took 7 months from the time they agreed to nominate me for PR to actual lodgement of the nomination.

This is very true. Mine nomination application took 8 month from the employer aggreed and started gathering documents. My Employer also took time to provide additional documents required by immi and almost hit the deadline (28 days). So you better ask your employer to start collecting documents for nom app now. Goodluck!

Hi boffin,

I have the same situation with you, I was asked for additional documents on Friday (6 Mar), but havn't heard anything till now. We can keep in touch, when you heard some good news, plz let me know, if i heard some news from the immigration, i'll let you know. Take care.

Hi, May I know when did you lodge the application ? Thanks

Hi boffin,

I have the same situation with you, I was asked for additional documents on Friday (6 Mar), but havn't heard anything till now. We can keep in touch, when you heard some good news, plz let me know, if i heard some news from the immigration, i'll let you know. Take care.

Mine one was lodged in 24 November 2014 ...=.= seem like I have to wait for another month.....

and I can only apply for the oversea police clearance once I got the request letter from immi.....look like we can only get it around May or June which is ......nearly 6 months wait

Edited by HellOloLoO

Mine one was lodged in 24 November 2014 ...=.= seem like I have to wait for another month.....

and I can only apply for the oversea police clearance once I got the request letter from immi.....look like we can only get it around May or June which is ......nearly 6 months wait

Nomination already approved?

CO allocated yet or not?

Which centre?

plz reply if you can. Thanks

Hi everybody I've been following this forum since march 2015, Im one of the October applicant, nomination was lodge together with visa including PCC, medical was done last week, MA said there is no update on my immi account and the answer could come any day now, I'm from high risk country and the waiting period is reaching 6months.

Does anyone know if I can create a new immi account even though my MA created one on his email?

Hey guy, I have great news this morning. As I said I lodged my application on 24 Nov. I called IMMI 2 weeks ago and they said my file has been allocated to one of the team in Sydney. Now. I received a request for additional documents!! So , you should call immi and see if your file has been allocated. If yes, you may just need to wait for 2-3 more weeks...:)

Cool..

Its not too long to go now.. Gudluck

Hey guy, I have great news this morning. As I said I lodged my application on 24 Nov. I called IMMI 2 weeks ago and they said my file has been allocated to one of the team in Sydney. Now. I received a request for additional documents!! So , you should call immi and see if your file has been allocated. If yes, you may just need to wait for 2-3 more weeks...:)

What additional documents did they request?