187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

I am going to complete 4 months next week on 14th of November. And saw some1s post last week that they got there visa apprroved which they applied in mid oct. Do you have any idea about which month they are processing?

Ā 

i know waiting is killing. no idea which month they are processing ?..i always wait for the updation from you. hope you will get visa soon..i am also eagerly waiting for mine as i applied nov 26 th.

i know waiting is killing. no idea which month they are processing ?..i always wait for the updation from you. hope you will get visa soon..i am also eagerly waiting for mine as i applied nov 26 th.

What i am going to next week is that i am going to call Immigration again on Thursday or Friday as i am going to complete 4months. Then we will see what they are going to say. Hope they tell me that my file is been allocated.

Hey Everyone,

Ā 

I've been following this thread for a long time now, but this is my first post. My timeline:

Ā 

RCB & nomination - don't know the dates, handled by employer.

Nomination approved: 22 Oct 2014

Visa applied: 22 Oct 2014

Additional documents requested: 9 Mar 2015

Ā 

Hope this helps other people waiting.

Ā 

Now a couple questions:

Ā 

1) what happens if required documents (police certs with extra details) can't be provided in required timeframe? Do they make the call based on what's available? Postpone processing? Else?

2) how strictly enforced is the requirement of police / health checks for partner not included in the application?

Ā 

Cheers and best of luck :)

Hey Everyone,

Ā 

I've been following this thread for a long time now, but this is my first post. My timeline:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Now a couple questions:

Ā 

1) what happens if required documents (police certs with extra details) can't be provided in required timeframe? Do they make the call based on what's available? Postpone processing? Else?

2) how strictly enforced is the requirement of police / health checks for partner not included in the application?

Ā 

You can get additional 28days on top of what you got right now. Do you have any kind of case listed on your PCC?

Hey Everyone,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Now a couple questions:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1. If you provide DIBP evidence that you've applied for the police checks, they will extend the amount of time. This is a typical issue with processing times that vary from country to country.

2. If your partner is included in the application, then a police and health check is required. If you can't provide a police check (i.e. there are some countries that will not provide these to ex-residents that don't hold citizenship), then you need to ask DIBP about a police check waiver. The health check is required, and this is strictly enforced.

1. If you provide DIBP evidence that you've applied for the police checks, they will extend the amount of time. This is a typical issue with processing times that vary from country to country.

2. If your partner is included in the application, then a police and health check is required. If you can't provide a police check (i.e. there are some countries that will not provide these to ex-residents that don't hold citizenship), then you need to ask DIBP about a police check waiver. The health check is required, and this is strictly enforced.

Ā 

Thanks MaggieMay24 :)

1. I will try squeeze things into the 28 days - I had massive delays before I even got to apply, so need to finalize this as soon as it is practical. It's good to know there's error margin though!

2. The thing is, my partner is NOT included in the application. Due to professional circumstances, it's not practical for her to move to Australia in the near future. We have residential addresses in different countries yet spend a fair bit of time together (we likely wouldn't be recognized by DIBP as de facto for that reason). She is only mentioned in form 80 as there's an explicit question there. Next thing was getting asked for all the PCs and healthchecks for her as well.

Ā 

I found legal basis for requesting healthcheck from non-migrating non-included partner in fact sheet 22:

Ā 

All applicants for permanent visas, including the main applicant, partner and any dependants, must be assessed against the health requirement. Even if the applicant's partner and dependants are not included in the visa application, they must still be assessed against the health requirement.

https://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/22health.htm

Ā 

I can't find a word on PCCs. I will try to ask the case officer about this tomorrow, maybe there's a way to simplify this a bit. It seems overly restrictive - and it wasn't clearly communicated at application time (otherwise it would have been done and dusted for months by now :)

Ā 

Has anyone run into this in the past? Any hints will be very welcome :)

Ā 

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

Ā 

I am very glad that I finally found a forum regarding 187 visa timeline.

I do not know when the application has been made for RCB but it has been approved by the 22 th of December

Nomination lodged on 21.11.2014Visa Application lodged on 28.11.2014

Bridging Visa granted on 28.11.2014

Ā 

If anyone got any advise when I would hear next from immigration for my visa application after checking out my visa timeline above ,I would appreciated...

Thanks a lot from the very moment...

Ā 

Ā 

Hi everyone,

Ā 

I am very glad that I finally found a forum regarding 187 visa timeline.

I do not know when the application has been made for RCB but it has been approved by the 22 th of December

Nomination lodged on 21.11.2014Visa Application lodged on 28.11.2014

Bridging Visa granted on 28.11.2014

Ā 

If anyone got any advise when I would hear next from immigration for my visa application after checking out my visa timeline above ,I would appreciated...

Thanks a lot from the very moment...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

by looking at majority of the files a decision is made anywhere b/w 4 to 5.5 months .you have lodged your nomination 20 days before me .wish you luck

by looking at majority of the files a decision is made anywhere b/w 4 to 5.5 months .you have lodged your nomination 20 days before me .wish you luck

Ā 

Thanks for your quick reply and one more thing that I am very curious of ; what is the chance of the application to be rejected for 187.

I have not seen anyone being rejected so far...

wish everyone luck !!! Thanks...

hey boffin,

WOW that is a long long time for them to process your visa!!makes me worried about mine.

does anyone know why it happens in some cases?

cheers

Ā 

Hi psaus,

Ā 

I don't think it was an unusually long time - I was expecting to get an answer on that day +-2days, simply extrapolating the dates posted by other users, particularly the ones who applied in October.

It was mentioned a couple times that the Christmas break likely didn't help. All 2014 applications might still get a bit of that - and hopefully fresh (February on) applications won't have that problem.

Ā 

Cheers

Thanks for your quick reply and one more thing that I am very curious of ; what is the chance of the application to be rejected for 187.

I have not seen anyone being rejected so far...

wish everyone luck !!! Thanks...

Ā 

i dont know about others but mine has rejected in the past in 2013 because i didnt had sufficient experience . but the new regulation says if i have cert 4 i dont need two year experience .My wait is longer than anybody else in this blog i guess. but fingers crossed for each and everyone here

hi guys,

Ā 

I am applying as cook in Melbourne show our work experience what documents we do have to provide ? also how long our medicals valid ?.i did mine last may 19. going to be 1 year.

i hav submitted my cookery cert 3 , 4 and diploma in bsns management.

ielts

police clearance from australia and overseas

marriage certificate

medical details

i would like to put decision ready application.so anything else do i need ?also where do i find decision ready check list ?i couldnt find it.i hope you guys will help me thanks in advance .

Decision ready is no longer existed. I think

Ā 

you should with with your MA. The immi officer will require you to do another medical check if they proceed your file after May.

Ā 

Its good to have a MA to check about the work experience but I think providing pay slip is one of the important evidence. Thanks

Ā 

hi guys,

Ā 

I am applying as cook in Melbourne show our work experience what documents we do have to provide ? also how long our medicals valid ?.i did mine last may 19. going to be 1 year.

i hav submitted my cookery cert 3 , 4 and diploma in bsns management.

ielts

police clearance from australia and overseas

marriage certificate

medical details

i would like to put decision ready application.so anything else do i need ?also where do i find decision ready check list ?i couldnt find it.i hope you guys will help me thanks in advance .

Decision ready is no longer existed. I think

Ā 

you should with with your MA. The immi officer will require you to do another medical check if they proceed your file after May.

Ā 

Its good to have a MA to check about the work experience but I think providing pay slip is one of the important evidence. Thanks

thanks for your reply. when i uploaded my docs i saw one option to upload decision ready check-list..so i thougth we could still do it.

is there any other documents you think i should upload ?

Oh ...Really ? My MA told me that decision ready is no longer available after Dec 2013 or something... cant remember.

Ā 

Anyway, I am not 100% sure what you still need to provide... How about ..skill assessment maybe ?

Ā 

Ā 

thanks for your reply. when i uploaded my docs i saw one option to upload decision ready check-list..so i thougth we could still do it.

is there any other documents you think i should upload ?