187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

A colleagues of mine have his PR granted today 18Dec 2013

He lodged his visa application after nomination approved.

Lodged visa in June 2013, Mel PSE, motor mechanic, only shown 1 year work experience.

He was on 485 visa before PR visa.

Ā 

For those who concern about 515 policy, regarding 2 years exp, Here is an exemption case which not affected by it.

Ā 

Hi Flowertea,

Did he request any kind of exemption from CO. Or he just show 1 year exp and co didn't ask for another 1 year.

Here is my timeline......

Nomination and visa submit- 26 july 2013

Nomination co assigned- 8 october 2013(request docs)

Visa co assigned - 8 october 2013

Ask for Medicals- 8 oct

submitted- 22 oct

employer submitted requested docs on 1 november.

Ā 

no reply from both CO's since.

nomination co- melbourne centre

visa co- parramatta centre

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks

HI Mate

I have same case like you I am going away for 12 days as well but my migration agent told me that because my 485 visa is valid up to june 2014 so I don't need to apply any bridging visa before or after I come back....so please suggest me what is your experience .Are you applying for that... ?

Ā 

wait for your reply

Thanks Manoj

Hi everyone,

Ā 

My visa 485 is expiring on the 14th of May 2014. I am currently waiting for the approval of my visa 187. As my current visa is still valid, can I travel outside of Australia? What if my PR is granted while I am away?

Ā 

Thanks for your answers.

HI Mate

I have same case like you I am going away for 12 days as well but my migration agent told me that because my 485 visa is valid up to june 2014 so I don't need to apply any bridging visa before or after I come back....so please suggest me what is your experience .Are you applying for that... ?

Ā 

wait for your reply

Thanks Manoj

If it isn't looking like your rsms is going to be granted before your 485 expires you WILL need to apply for a new bridging visa a.

Thanks! I've got a CO now!!! So happy!

we called them yesterday and emailed them too!

hopefully the nomination will be approved before

i have to leave the country

Ā 

if all the paperwork is good it doesn't take long to process. Only hold up if high risk country and need external checks. Let us know!

If it isn't looking like your rsms is going to be granted before your 485 expires you WILL need to apply for a new bridging visa a.

Ā 

hi mate

just wondering have you got any response from immi ? and have youn applied for visa a since you came back from overseas ?

Thanks

Manoj

Here is my time line

visa 187

nomination lodged june 2013 Dr

visa lodge in july

no rerponse so for from immi

in Melbourne Office

Ā 

Mine one is even later than yours, mine one applied on 21/Aug, probably in Mel office, not pretty sure, however I have a bad feeling that it may takes forever to grant.

This website has been very helpful in monitoring the trend or predicting timeline

Anyway this is mine so far:

RCB lodged in 20/5/13 and approved on 18/6

Date of visa Application = 20/06/13

Visa class= RSMS subclass 187

office location = west perth, 6005

Nomination approved= 18/11/13

Made an inquiry on 19/12 (after a month wait) regarding the hold up and this is what I've received:

"I am the case officer for the visa application lodged by the nominee . kindly note that there is no outcome at this stage and I will advise you in due course."

Now it has been 2 months (well i am counting the xmas and new year holidays) and my agent told me not to ask again as it might delay the processing time.

I read somewhere that the processing time is 3-9 months and been reading that in some of yous cases the visa has been granted in matter of minutes after the approval of nomination.

So i am a bit confused and hopeless at this stage and getting frustrated cos i am unwillingly going to work everyday as it has been 3 yrs for me at one place and want to move on to some other job :wacko::arghh::arghh::arghh:

QSR. You do realise it is part of the visa requirement that you must stay at the job for two years AFTER the visa is granted don't you? If you leave the visa can be cancelled.

I got my visa in November 2012. I'm counting the days until I can leave.

Ā 

You really need to be patient. And if you are planning on leaving, start looking at other visa options now.

Ye mate m fully aware about my visa requirements.

Well if you have been in the country for more than 4-5 years then once your PR is granted(even if it conditional) then you will be eligible to apply for citizenship after a year from the grant and it should be about a year and few months. you dont really have to wait for complete 2 years. Its not that i am sick of my job, its just that I dont stay at one place (job wise), i like to step up and move around. Anyway hope this tip might help others if they've been in Aus from a while.

Following is another website where you can ask any questions to Mr Peng Cheng who has been counselling from a while for free with his expert immigration advise.

http://myaccessaustralia.com/ens-rsms-processing-times-decision-ready-applications/#comment-35019

Ā 

Blossom79 you can leave your job under exceptional circumstances and your visa will not be cancelled unless someone dob you and complain immi.

circumstances can be:

redundancy= your company is going down and your position isnt needed, if this happen then you will be out of the shackles and are free.

unfair/harrassment= if there is any unjustified situation.

Franchise= if you particular store or restaurant is been franchised and the new owner dont want you there.

You gota keep that in mind that that the sole pupose of you getting sponsorship under 187 (direct entry) is that company is promising you to give the job for two years and the contract has a silent agreement between the parties that there will be job available and the person will get paid for two years by the company. If something happen to the company then its not on you and you arent the one to be blamed.

Ā 

hope this might help others.

cheers

Here is my timeline......

Nomination and visa submit- 26 july 2013

Nomination co assigned- 8 october 2013(request docs)

Visa co assigned - 8 october 2013

Ask for Medicals- 8 oct

submitted- 22 oct

employer submitted requested docs on 1 november.

Ā 

no reply from both CO's since.

nomination co- melbourne centre

visa co- parramatta centre

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks

hi,mate. it is so quick you have been assigned co.can i ask if you have 2years experience before you lodged your application?is this 2years experience necessary?

i am a motor mechanic,i have c3 and c4, so do i have to provide 2 years experience?

also does any others know about this?

Thanks~~

A colleagues of mine have his PR granted today 18Dec 2013

He lodged his visa application after nomination approved.

Lodged visa in June 2013, Mel PSE, motor mechanic, only shown 1 year work experience.

He was on 485 visa before PR visa.

Ā 

For those who concern about 515 policy, regarding 2 years exp, Here is an exemption case which not affected by it.

hi,flower..

is it true? i am also a motor mechanic without 2years experience,and i have c3,c4 and diploma.now i am so confused about the definition of this 2 years experience.if your colleague has got PR with only one year experience,then does it mean the 515 policy just doesn't affect this occupation-motor mechanic only?what about those mechanics who have only half a year exp or no exp?are they still not affected by it as well?

hi,flower..

is it true? i am also a motor mechanic without 2years experience,and i have c3,c4 and diploma.now i am so confused about the definition of this 2 years experience.if your colleague has got PR with only one year experience,then does it mean the 515 policy just doesn't affect this occupation-motor mechanic only?what about those mechanics who have only half a year exp or no exp?are they still not affected by it as well?

He got his visa granted without work experience required by policy statement. He got his diploma from tafesa which all units relating to automotive repair, unlike those cookery diploma ended up with focus in management study instead. Apologised if im wrong on this. I reckon this bring consideration for co. he was on 485 visa n hasnt hav his skill assess. Well, i really cant tell if this anzsco not affected by policy. But is a good sign though. Goodluck

He got his visa granted without work experience required by policy statement. He got his diploma from tafesa which all units relating to automotive repair, unlike those cookery diploma ended up with focus in management study instead. Apologised if im wrong on this. I reckon this bring consideration for co. he was on 485 visa n hasnt hav his skill assess. Well, i really cant tell if this anzsco not affected by policy. But is a good sign though. Goodluck

Ā 

ok,thanks for your reply.i think 515 policy depends on the diploma,right? i also got diploma from tafe but in Vic.Since we are all mechanics,then are all units included in the diploma supposed to be the same or similar,right?

Ā 

also you said your colleague lodged his visa application in June,then why did his visa almost take half a year to be granted?

ok,thanks for your reply.i think 515 policy depends on the diploma,right? i also got diploma from tafe but in Vic.Since we are all mechanics,then are all units included in the diploma supposed to be the same or similar,right?

Ā 

also you said your colleague lodged his visa application in June,then why did his visa almost take half a year to be granted?

No idea, but he is from high risk country.

Hi guys

Ā 

Finally got my PR today!!!! yeah...

FYI, here is my timeline..

Ā 

24 June 2013 - RCB Application

25 July 2013 - RCB Approved

21 August 2013 - Visa and Nomination application (through MA, DRC, High risk country)

22 January 2014 - PR Granted (MA told me that the visa and nomination approved together, no sign of CO allocate)

Ā 

I will update my processing centre when I receive my letter from MA.

Ā 

Thanks

Congrats, will u share your occupation and processing center please? I applied through Melbourne center in june 2013 and still waiting :(

Ā 

Hi guys

Ā 

Finally got my PR today!!!! yeah...

FYI, here is my timeline..

Ā 

24 June 2013 - RCB Application

25 July 2013 - RCB Approved

21 August 2013 - Visa and Nomination application (through MA, DRC, High risk country)

22 January 2014 - PR Granted (MA told me that the visa and nomination approved together, no sign of CO allocate)

Ā 

I will update my processing centre when I receive my letter from MA.

Ā 

Thanks