Labelling within a Movecube

ZoeTaylor

Hi all

Well, the clock is most definitely ticking.  All of a sudden, we have very little time left before our large Movecube is delivered.  We are only just starting to look at packing and looking through the paperwork is freaking me out!  There is an example inventory form whereby it says:- Red suitcase: Jumpers, t-shirt, ski jacket, socks, gloves and scarfs, picture frame - for instance.  Surely it would be sufficient to say 'clothes' (assuming you didn't put a picture frame in there)?  It just seems a bit overkill and we have sooooo much to do!

I know people on these forums have used Movecubes so would be grateful for your wisdom.

Thanks.

Zoe

We just put the box numbers and wrote on the boxes and the sheets what was in them.

Short and sweet. List was along the lines of box number then

Shoes 

Kids toys

Kids clothes

Bedding and towels

Adult clothes

Crockery

Kitchen items

Books and DVD's

Ormaments and pictures 

Clothes and bedding

FYI, put boxes that will be of interest to customs at the front of the cube. So if they want to check it they can just crack it open and find those boxes right there. Else they'll have to haul everything out and perhaps start checking more. 

We boxed up shoes and Xmas decorations and labelled the boxes clearly and put those in last. Both were checked and had yellow customs tape on them reflecting that.

If you are shipping Xmas decs, make sure even the fake flowers and pine cones are ditched before shipping. Yes they really have been known to destroy that sort of thing at the expense of the person shipping. We just had baubles, tinsel and a few other bits of sentimental value. All the lovely cinnamon sticks and bows, pine cones and fake cones etc got given away before we left. TBH I've replaced this end just fine and in fact have way more now than I ever did before. 

26 minutes ago, snifter said:

FYI, put boxes that will be of interest to customs at the front of the cube. So if they want to check it they can just crack it open and find those boxes right there. Else they'll have to haul everything out and perhaps start checking more. 

We boxed up shoes and Xmas decorations and labelled the boxes clearly and put those in last. Both were checked and had yellow customs tape on them reflecting that.

If you are shipping Xmas decs, make sure even the fake flowers and pine cones are ditched before shipping. Yes they really have been known to destroy that sort of thing at the expense of the person shipping. We just had baubles, tinsel and a few other bits of sentimental value. All the lovely cinnamon sticks and bows, pine cones and fake cones etc got given away before we left. TBH I've replaced this end just fine and in fact have way more now than I ever did before. 

Yep ditch the Xmas decs we had a wand taken off Santa and ended up leaving Santa at the depot as it would have cost $45.00 to fumigate him lol

Great answers above. I stuck a post it note onto every box and wrote down (as we packed/moved) what was in the box. It was then very easy to transfer that onto their form. It also means when we receive the boxes we'll know exactly what is in each one. We also took a photo of the movecube list so we had to hand a list of the items in entirety.

Edited by Guest

On 9/27/2017 at 08:06, ZoeTaylor said:

Haha, poor Santa!  Great advice, thanks guys - other than shoes and decs, anything else we should put at the front?

Anything that is typically used outdoors, garden furniture, camping equipment, bikes etc. Like with your shoes, make sure these are thoroughly cleaned to remove any traces of dirt. 

9 minutes ago, DrDougster said:

I was considering putting my Mac screen in the Movecube. Is this a terrible idea or will it be ok if well packed?

We packed monitors in their original boxes - and no harm came to any of them. Or just find a box of a similar size and pack/pad it well. 

1 hour ago, DrDougster said:

Brilliant, thank you. Further stupid question - voltages the same? Worth just putting TV in the cube?

You can bring it. Plenty do. Might require a set top box (Freeview) to be able to tune in to free to air stuff. 

Lots on the forum about the subject if you want to have a search.

Thanks everyone for this.  Just read the bit about TV's and Radio - looks like both radio and TV will be good to bring but, and this may be a really stupid question...we have an external top box to get all the freeview channels here - will that work in Oz?

13 hours ago, ZoeTaylor said:

Thanks everyone for this.  Just read the bit about TV's and Radio - looks like both radio and TV will be good to bring but, and this may be a really stupid question...we have an external top box to get all the freeview channels here - will that work in Oz?

The link that @Cerberus1 posted above is really helpful and will answer your question!

On 04/10/2017 at 18:17, DrDougster said:

Brilliant, thank you. Further stupid question - voltages the same? Worth just putting TV in the cube?

Have a look at this link below:

http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/product-category/mains-leads-and-accessories/international-mains-leads/australian-type-i-mains-leads/

I bought a range of cables to fit my pc/multi charger and a few extension leads.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Cegor said:

Just reading this thread. So you mean that any patio furniture can not be shipped to Australia? 

I'd check with your shippers. 

If you can ship used outdoor wooden furniture you may need to be prepared for a fumigation treatment before its allowed to clear into Aus and hefty fee for this. Or to have it destroyed if you don't want to pay the fee.