Which VISA(s) do we need to apply for?

darkz

Hi there,

Would be grateful for any assistance with this as we have a bit of a dilema.

Background:
Wife is intending to obtain a 189 visa as a Primary School Teacher, has IELTS and is currently waiting for Skills Asssesment to return (5 weeks have passed since acknowledgement).

Dilema:
She has had an interview for a teaching job in Australia and has been successful. Job requires her to start in February 2018. Currently, 189 visa appears to take 7-12 months to obtain, which would go beyond February 2018.

Would it be a good route to take up a 417 - Working Holiday Visa (takes up to 1 month to obtain) to allow her to start this new job in February and once 417 has been granted, apply for 189?

If so, as her Spouse I'm presuming I'd have to wait in the UK until the 189 is granted? I'm 32 years old so cannot apply for a 417.

Would really appreciate any help/tips with this.

Thanks for your time.

2 minutes ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Plus 189 visa wait is longer than 3 mths

25/08/17 - ANMAC application lodged

I'm aware of that and mentioned it above (7-12 months) which is why I asked if taking up a 417 to get out there is a good option... and then while working in Australia, the 189 can process...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

she cant apply for a 189 as primary teacher is only on the short term list. She will need to look at 190 and see if any states are sponsoring.

I am guessing she has 4 years of university study?

Thanks for clarifying this - sorry I made a mistake, it should be "Special Needs Teacher" in the opening post.

Yes, she has completed a Masters Degree at Uni.