Ian Ireland

Just now, Ian Ireland said:

Anyone know if they are actually processing any applications. It just keeps going up. Now 3 yrs. What's going on?

I see a couple of other parental visas have been scrapped due to lack of demand so I can only assume more people are applying for 143.

It's almost as if they don't want us!

Ian

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Does anyone over 60 have any chance of getting a decent permanent job

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

Some people with good pensions don’t want one! We would become a school run and baby sitting service and would buy a decent house and put money into the economy.
The child minding service allows both parents to work and thereby do their bit for the economy.
If people over 60 want to work I suppose there are plenty of part time jobs. Bunnings springs to mind as a possibility. Full time doubtful I assume but don’t know the government policy on ageism.

It's a bit rude to judge what someone wants to do Flano.  My idea of a bliss retirement is definitely not to become the school run and babysitting service but each to their own.  I wouldn't do it and I don't think people should expect the grandparents to do it but if that's what they want to do then good for them.  Ian shouldn't have to answer to you. 

Edited by Tulip1

It's a bit rude to judge what someone wants to do Flano.  My idea of a bliss retirement is definitely not to become the school run and babysitting service but each to their own.  I wouldn't do it and I don't think people should expect the grandparents to do it but if that's what they want to do then good for them.  Ian shouldn't have to answer to you. 

It’s not a problem. I have been retired for 10 years now. It’s really each to his own in these situations. We will just spend more time on our current ETA visas. I do really wish they would get a move on!

• Like 1

On 19/09/2017 at 21:29, Ian Ireland said:

Anyone know if they are actually processing any applications. It just keeps going up. Now 3 yrs. What's going on?

I see a couple of other parental visas have been scrapped due to lack of demand so I can only assume more people are applying for 143.

It's almost as if they don't want us!

Ian

Hi Ian.

Which parent visa types have been scrapped due to a lack of demand?

Best regards.

That’s a bit ambiguous! I pulled off a miracle yesterday. I got a reply from Immigration! My UK passport will need renewed next year and I asked what to do. I also asked whether we should get Police reports before we visit for 2 months at Christmas, just in case another miracle happens and we get a case officer. They said not to bother as the case officer will decide on everything when the time comes.  

I have no idea why they have slowed up so mich on parental contributory visas. Seems they shouldn’t be taking people’s money and sitting on it like this. Perhaps they should clear the backlog  

Best wishes  

Ian 

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!! You must be relieved. Looking at the chronology of your saga, you allied in October 2014 and were presumably contacted by a case worker asking for form 80 at 2 years 3 and a bit months. We applied 1July 2015 and our receipted letter is dated 23 July 2015. This has all their references etc with our file number. 

I am trying to work out when we will hear. What bothers me is that we are in Brisbane over Christmas for 2 months and as sure as hell, they’ll come after us then! From your process dates, it seems a process of about 6 months from when the fabled case worker finally makes contact till when it’s granted. 

Would that seem right? It may be longer now of course. 

Well done!!!!

Ian. 

• Like 2

They will contact you by eMail. So you should check your emails daily, and don't forget to check your Junk mailbox as well - just in case anything goes into it.  You can order your Police check online, and arrange your medical easily enough too from Australia. If, after receipt of a request to arrange Police check and medical, you do have any difficulty complying because of being in Australia, you should email the Parent Visa Centre back and explain your situation.  Relax and try to enjoy your stay, everything will be fine.  Every case is different with regard to timeline.  

• Like 2

Just one more question! Does anyone have any idea what happens when someone needs a medical condition investigated during the process? Once the case worker has been appointed and once the medical reports are in, if there is anything ongoing, would the Visa be denied or granted pending results? We just wouldn’t want to go to the back of the queue again. 

All advice welcome. 

Ian. 

I think the next step would be for the case officer to ask for more details if necessary.  It might cause a bit of delay, depending on the nature of the problem and the investigations/treatment needed.  You will sign a form at the medical that gives the examiner permission to contact your GP if necessary.  And if you have any condition currently under treatment or investigation, make sure that you take with you to the medical any letters, reports etc that you have on the condition.  And try not to worry about it too much - most of us parents are at an age when it would be really unusual and  surprising if we didn't have some sort of medical problem.  A lot of conditions, though, are so commonplace and easily treatable that they will not really have a bearing on the visa decision.   

• Like 2

On 05/10/2017 at 12:41, Ian Ireland said:

Just one more question! Does anyone have any idea what happens when someone needs a medical condition investigated during the process? Once the case worker has been appointed and once the medical reports are in, if there is anything ongoing, would the Visa be denied or granted pending results? We just wouldn’t want to go to the back of the queue again. 

All advice welcome. 

Ian. 

Ian like @Catlady2014 says join in on The Brand new PIO parent visa thread page. 

We are all there in the “waiting room” swopping  info and tips etc 

• Like 2