Furnishing your home, as a new migrant

DukeNinja

So people, we've just moved to Brisbane, like a month ago and we are finally settled down enough to start furnishing the place. I work from home, do a lot cooking and baking and I've just realized that finding half of things I need for the house won't be that easy...

I am very demanding about the appliances and certain kind of equipment for the kitchen.... so far it's been a bit confusing...I need my stove, the one I left behind, I just  I just can't believe there isn't any distributor for Bertazzoni!?

Can someone help me out here?

I am searching for this model specifically: https://www.appliancesconnection.com/bertazzoni-pro244gasx.html

All the help appreciated...Thanks guys

On 30/03/2018 at 19:10, Olivia WJ said:

So people, we've just moved to Brisbane, like a month ago and we are finally settled down enough to start furnishing the place. I work from home, do a lot cooking and baking and I've just realized that finding half of things I need for the house won't be that easy...

I am very demanding about the appliances and certain kind of equipment for the kitchen.... so far it's been a bit confusing...I need my stove, the one I left behind, I just  I just can't believe there isn't any distributor for Bertazzoni!?

Can someone help me out here?

I am searching for this model specifically: https://www.appliancesconnection.com/bertazzoni-pro244gasx.html

All the help appreciated...Thanks guys

I cook from scratch all the time and bake my own bread.  Was used to range cookers and gas  in the UK.  Once I had the chance to have a new kitchen in my home here and experiencing others I changed my mind.

i now have a large induction hob and two multifunction electric ovens, a standard size one and a smaller one with a steam function, both incidentally from IKEA (they are Electrolux but completely unbranded).  Would never go back now.  LOVE them and my bread is fantastic, no more putting a tray of water in the bottom of the oven.  I just pick the bread program and add water to the intake tray and it does the rest beautifully. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bulya said:

Gas to induction.  Induction has the temp control gas doesn’t.  Easier to keep clean and cheaper to run.  

Yup, induction for me every time!  I got one when we renovated our kitchen in Canberra but then I had to leave it when we came back to U.K. but I’m most impressed by it when I go back for holidays.