Hi greetings to all! 
I hereby pursuing Masters in project management in Australia and graduated as an Bachelor of Architect from India. And also got one year of experience from an architectural firm. 
As per SOL 2017, Architecture is the course listed for skilled occupancy but not project management. So I consulted few migration agents, they said that I can access my current course through VETASSESS.
But I'm not sure which occupation should I choose?
Architecture 
Project builder
Construction project manager.
Please guide me.
Thanks.

On 8/20/2017 at 01:02, lebowski.junior said:

Hi greetings to all! 
I hereby pursuing Masters in project management in Australia and graduated as an Bachelor of Architect from India. And also got one year of experience from an architectural firm. 
As per SOL 2017, Architecture is the course listed for skilled occupancy but not project management. So I consulted few migration agents, they said that I can access my current course through VETASSESS.
But I'm not sure which occupation should I choose?
Architecture 
Project builder
Construction project manager.
Please guide me.
Thanks.

You would probably not qualify as an architect.

See this:

http://www.aaca.org.au/wp-content/uploads/Overseas-Qualifications-Assessment-Guide-Stage1.pdf

Project Builder (ANZSCO Code 133112) does not look promising either:

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

A highly relevant field of study is Building Science and Technology, or Building Construction Management (ASCED).

Construction Project Manager (ANZSCO Code 133111)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

A highly relevant field of study is Construction Project Management, which is the study of planning and controlling building projects (ASCED). General management degrees without underpinning or related studies in construction/civil engineering or building would not usually be positively assessed for this occupation. Qualifications in Architectural Studies with supporting highly relevant employment will be considered on a case-bycase basis.

From what you have posted, you will probably be stuck at the skills assessment stage. To offer a considered opinion about whether there is a way forward for you, a registered migration agent would have to review your academic and employmwent certifications.

Edited by wrussell

Dear WRussell,

Thank you for the valuable response. Since I'm doing my third semester in Project management it would be too late to change the course now and also when I consulted to the University to change for Architecture course I won't be given any credit transfer as well. Then I thought I can start from the beginning but as I come from a urban poor background I can't afford to start all over again. As you might think how dumb this guy (I feel like I'm now)  must be, but sorry this is how I was convinced by my education consultant that I can easily get the PR accessing my architect qualification. So now I'm in a position with no option left out other than getting accessed through project builder or construction manager with an year of experience! which I'm still not sure how I'm gonna achieve in a country asking PR or prior experience for jobs. I would be highly obliged if there is any other alternative field I can apply through. Please update me.
15 hours ago, wrussell said:

As per the given instructions, if I start doing the job from now itself would it be considered as a valid work experience (note: since I'm student I can work 20 HRS/ week). If I get the job experience then what are the good chances of getting through. Humbly looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Manik

I was convinced by my education consultant that I can easily get the PR accessing my architect qualification.

I frequently see this type of predicament.

The following is on my website and on my service agreements: 

The OMARA is an essentially useless office that is part of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and I have told them so repeatedly. With the stroke of a pen the minister can terminate them all as easily as s/he can terminate a perfectly valid visa application. The OMARA can do nothing about unregistered agents overseas or parliamentarians or DIBP officers who give often incorrect, migration advice in Australia, or education agents who give catastrophically incorrect migration advice under the table. About all the OMARA can do, having received a complaint, is haul a registered migration agent over the coals - after the event. They cannot order repayment of money lost. They can do nothing when the minister (The Terminator) changes the rules in the middle of the game or one of his delegates or ‘designated authorities’ bungles your case. By the way, the ‘average fee’ misinformation published by the OMARA is just that.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent.