Go to Aus whilst waiting for Partner Visa?

I would hope your travel plans and the fact your husband is travelling with you for some/all of it is a plus point. You keep saying your daughters family which confuses me when reading. You mean your partners family don't you? So of course your daughters but it just sounds odd when reading. 
I must admit your plans are very unusual for someone applying for a partner visa. That you and your partner are apart already is also not the norm but it does happen to some couples. Probably why so many people are concerned you may have issues with immigration. I get you are all above board, but so long as you are aware immigration may not see it that way (especially if travelling in and out of Aus with a partner and child on an Aus passport) they may have questions. Having proof of funds to depart Aus and your travel plans etc ready to go would be good. 
You are aware that your partner visa could process far quicker than the listed processing time and it could be ready to grant in the first 3 months in Aus or some such. In which case you will need to arrange with your CO to depart Aus for a few days so the visa can be granted. You should have informed them of your plans and travel dates so as to ensure they know where to contact you so they can grant your visa when you go offshore. 

Lol yes, partners family, every time I type that it autocorrects to daughter's family for some reason lol very annoying. Yes I do hope it'll be asap but the waiting times look long ATM. But that would be ideal scenario. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

50 minutes ago, KLeanne said:

Lol yes, partners family, every time I type that it autocorrects to daughter's family for some reason lol very annoying. Yes I do hope it'll be asap but the waiting times look long ATM. But that would be ideal scenario. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Think of it like this - if you were the immigration officer at the point of entry, would you view this family as entering on holiday, with plans to leave again and not return until the spouse visa is granted? Or would you view them as a family entering with all their goods and chattels, intending to set up home and live in Australia, possibly overstaying, or just popping to NZ every 3 months, on their tourist visas, until the spouse visa is granted?

Thats how the immigration officer will see it - are you visiting, or trying to live there?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KLeanne said:

Basically, my partner is coming here to England this week for one week holiday, then the three of us are traveling back to Australia where we will stay for three months, visiting family and just generally spending time with family, we will then travel to Bali for a week, then back to Australia, then we plan to go to Darwin in Melbourne to visit more of my daughter's family, then we are planning a trip to New Zealand for two weeks or maybe more, then back to Australia, that will already be six months up with to re-entries into Aus. After that we are not sure whether to do the same again, visit more family and come in and out of Australia further two times, then I come back to the UK after the 12 month period and wait for grant (hopefully) Will come back to UK after six months. That's how far we have got so far and it's all very legitimate,

I understand that you are trying to help, however, this is a very different scenario to what you originally posted in response to the OP when you stated "then if you want to go to Aus whilst it's being processed, then you can go on a tourist visa and stay for up to one year, but you'll need to leave every 3 months". 

The reason I posted is that with continuing increased scrutiny by the Government and growing processing times, advising someone to come into Australia on a visitor visa, planning to artificially extend their stay with a quick "reset" trip every three moths can be dangerous. 

As your story highlights, each case is different and giving such generic advice without context can lead to trouble.

• Like 2