Visa process?

SUPERSTARDJ01

HI all,

Can someone tell me if I have this process correct?

Complete IELTS, PTE etc with an adequate grade

Register with APHRA supplying supporting docs etc

once registered submit EOI

receive an invite to apply for visa

apply for visa uploading all docs

upload police and medical checks

receive visa 

we're weighing up the possibility of applying with  or without an agent, I want to find out how difficult it's going to be, not sure if me having a pacemaker will make it too difficult to go at it alone?

Edited by SUPERSTARDJ01

for me i needed the peace of mind of an agent. the amount of times i just wanted to know something about the process or about a question asked on form 80 that was difficult to interpret i could get an answer. it does come at a cost but i saw it as an insurance. no brainer for me personally but if you think you can get through the paperwork alone then happy days 

generally people with medical conditions will refer to a MA

Edited by Liam13

No. You have missed a big step. You need to obtain a positive skills assessment prior to lodging an eoi. This is different to registering with APHRA. You might also want to chose carefully when you register with APHRA as it requires a visit in person to Australia to complete the reg and it must be done in a fairly small window of time

3 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

No. You have missed a big step. You need to obtain a positive skills assessment prior to lodging an eoi. This is different to registering with APHRA. You might also want to chose carefully when you register with APHRA as it requires a visit in person to Australia to complete the reg and it must be done in a fairly small window of time

I believe Midwifery requires evidence and references, so once my wife registers she has to visit Australia to complete it? that don't sound right surely?

is this correct? APHRA

also regarding certifying docs (below)

Outside Australia, the following people are authorised to certify documents:

• Justice of the Peace
  • Notary public
  • Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)
  • Employee of the Commonwealth or the Australian Trade Commission who works outside Australia.
I work for the commonwealth but I guess I can't certify them?

34 minutes ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

I believe Midwifery requires evidence and references, so once my wife registers she has to visit Australia to complete it? that don't sound right surely?

Correct. But she must present in Australia within a set time frame with her identity documents to activate the registration. It is a new and unfortunate change. But APHRA have instigated a lot of changed in the last 12 to 18 months.

With regard to ANMAC and APHRA. They are not related and she has to do both. Well, if she wants to work in her career. ANMAC is the skills assessment that allows her to get the visas. Once you have visas you can live and work in Australia doing any job she wishes. But, if she wants to work as a midwife she also needs professional registration. That is APHRA. It is the same for many occupations and could be worse. Licensed occupations such as plumbers get the skills assessment through a body known as Vestass, but to get their registration, they need a license and that takes 12 months and can only be done after they arrive in Oz

8 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Correct. But she must present in Australia within a set time frame with her identity documents to activate the registration. It is a new and unfortunate change. But APHRA have instigated a lot of changed in the last 12 to 18 months.

With regard to ANMAC and APHRA. They are not related and she has to do both. Well, if she wants to work in her career. ANMAC is the skills assessment that allows her to get the visas. Once you have visas you can live and work in Australia doing any job she wishes. But, if she wants to work as a midwife she also needs professional registration. That is APHRA. It is the same for many occupations and could be worse. Licensed occupations such as plumbers get the skills assessment through a body known as Vestass, but to get their registration, they need a license and that takes 12 months and can only be done after they arrive in Oz

What's the time frame?

Can we apply for the visas and then aphra?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Yes. You might want to time the AHPRA application whilst considering when you did your police checks/medicals: once your visa is issued, you only have one year from the date of the latter, whichever date is earliest, to enter Australia to validate your visa. So you might consider applying for AHPRA registration at latest 6 months after your PCC/medicals.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, DukeNinja said:

3 months to present to an AHPRA office once a provisional letter of registration has been issued.

how long they take on average to complete registration? if the visas are taking 7mths and from what I hear and I could be wrong AHPRA normally takes 3mths? we might as well wait for the visas to come through or start AHPRA at month 6, 3mths really isn't a long time, is it just AHPRA or ANMAC as well?

Edited by SUPERSTARDJ01

• 2 weeks later...
how long they take on average to complete registration? if the visas are taking 7mths and from what I hear and I could be wrong AHPRA normally takes 3mths? we might as well wait for the visas to come through or start AHPRA at month 6, 3mths really isn't a long time, is it just AHPRA or ANMAC as well?

Mine took 3 months to get the provisional registration. Then another month for the finalisation once I had presented to an AHPRA office.